Photo

Is there a way to change your username once it's been created?

username help faq name user name screenname screen name login

Best Answer CaptC , 05 May 2018 - 08:39 PM

There is no way to change a character's name. 

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 20886432

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationGreen Bay, Wisconsin.
  • World:US2
  • Character:Nekophiliac
  • Studio:Templers

Posted 04 May 2018 - 10:41 PM

I want to change my character's name but he is already level 187 so I don't want to start over with a new account. Is there a way to do this?

#2 Kitekat

Kitekat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • LocationNutaku
  • World:NU1
  • Character:Kitekat
  • Studio:Oxygen

Posted 04 May 2018 - 10:53 PM

dont think so maybe support ?

#3 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationHouston near my Baby
  • Character:CaptC
  • Studio:Member emeritus of Busty Spiderbabes

Posted 05 May 2018 - 08:39 PM   Best Answer

• 20886432 likes this
I have retired from the game, but not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#4 Lizbeth

Lizbeth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 07:32 PM

Sadly, no. I'm surprised really, I would have assumed they would have monetized this by now. I am unsure why, although I suspect it limits abuse. A person can't change their name, message and harass people, then magically change back. There is literally no way to game or abuse any system. I can't exactly think of how being able to change a name would allow one to game a system, but ya know, if it exists, someone's probably thought of it, kinda how it works in games.

However, there is a way to prevent this AND still give players the ability to change a name once they have become invested into their character, like OP, and also monetize it.

#1 - Make the name change cost diamonds, in an amount that would make it cost prohibitive to anyone looking to abuse a system or harass others by changing to another name, and changing back. You want to make this kind of player name change cost 400-500 diamonds or more, enough that if someone REALLY wanted to change, they could do it if they saved up, but only the most dedicated players with regrets regarding their current name would be so inclined.

#2 - Make it so that once a person changes their name, they can NOT change it again for, say, 6 months.

• 20886432 likes this

#5 Zoe

Zoe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • World:INT1

Posted 15 December 2018 - 08:30 PM

on other servers you normally cannot change the account names, but there had been a few characters with changed names ...

1 player even changed 2 x the name !

another players acc was like :  "xy1"  and it was changed to "xy"

another player deleted his acc - > then someone used the same name to block her comeback ! and the supp give her the possibility to comeback with a different name.

only the support can do it ! but in the most cases the wont do it i guess

-> u can beg at the support team or u can create a new acount ;)

Edited by Zoe, 15 December 2018 - 08:33 PM.

• 20886432 and Vii like this

#6 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationHouston near my Baby
  • Character:CaptC
  • Studio:Member emeritus of Busty Spiderbabes

Posted 15 December 2018 - 10:41 PM

It does seem like an area ripe for monetization. Maybe not a lot, though... how many people would be changing their name a lot, for any kind of legitimate reason? And as Lizbeth noted, there is more than required than simply changing a text field, there also need to be safeguards built-in to prevent abuse.

I can state for a fact, that if you beg support to change your name, you will be refused. Manually changing names has none of the necessary safeguards built in, you see.

If an avatar is re-activated, and someone else took the name in the meantime, generally a numeral will be automatically added to the end of the name to disambiguate.

The only cases I know of support changing a name, is because other players (rightfully) complained that the original name was offensive. In that case, the player was not given a choice, they had to change their name.

• 20886432 likes this
I have retired from the game, but not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#7 wuffy

wuffy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • Character:Audrey4
  • Studio:Busty Spiderbabes

Posted 03 September 2019 - 11:51 PM

I can't believe that even with extreme circumstances, a player can never get their name changed.   This is supposed to be a game, fun, and lately it has been anything but that due to the higher ups not allowing a player to change their name to allow another to once again enjoy the game.

Very disappointed in what transpired with support on a recent issue.

• Kitekat and 20886432 like this

#8 Guest_dparadise_*

Guest_dparadise_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2019 - 04:08 PM

The answer was right here: There is no way to change. If the player wishes to change their name, start over I guess.

#9 wuffy

wuffy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • Character:Audrey4

Posted 05 September 2019 - 10:39 PM

Well done support.  You lost a great player and large diamond spender over this decision.  Deleted today due to the decision as well as leaving many of us quite emotional with that loss.  :(

• Kitekat likes this

#10 ataltos

ataltos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationOKC
  • Character:PrissyDey

Posted 05 September 2019 - 10:59 PM

I guess my only question is why the Terms of Service say it is possible? - especially Clause 7 Section 2 (see underlined section)

Excerpted from the Terms of Service:

Clause 2 Conclusion of Contract and Contents

2. For the browser version of Big Bang Empire as well as in cases in which separate registration is expressly required according to the product description in the respective app store and/or on the respective platform, the following shall apply for the conclusion of the contract:

In the course of registration the user may choose an admissible player’s name (nickname). The player’s name must not violate any rights of third parties or be contrary to accepted principles of morality. An entitlement to the attribution of a special user name does not exist. Inadmissible user names are, in particular, e-mail and Internet addresses and words which do not correspond to the technical requirements communicated within the scope of the registration process (e.g. prohibition of certain special characters), if applicable.

Furthermore:

Clause 7 Rules of the Game

2. The user recognizes with respect to all communication possibilities contained in the different service offers of Playata GmbH that Playata GmbH does not tolerate any news, postings or other contents which include the following:

• names for game characters or user accounts that are deemed to be improper according to these GTC; in this case, Playata GmbH shall be entitled to delete such improper names or to proceed to renaming as a milder measure, in addition to the measures mentioned under Clause 8 Paragraph 2;

Edited by ataltos, 05 September 2019 - 11:00 PM.

• Kitekat likes this

#11 mountbara

mountbara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • World:US2
  • Character:Mountbara
  • Studio:Angels on US2 Busty Spiderbabes on NU French Touch on UK2

Posted 05 September 2019 - 11:32 PM

What this means is: It's not the users choice for a name change, but for playata, if they feel the name violates TOS. Or, they may even delete the account completely.

I guess my only question is why the Terms of Service say it is possible? - especially Clause 7 Section 2 (see underlined section)

Excerpted from the Terms of Service:

Clause 2 Conclusion of Contract and Contents

2. For the browser version of Big Bang Empire as well as in cases in which separate registration is expressly required according to the product description in the respective app store and/or on the respective platform, the following shall apply for the conclusion of the contract:

In the course of registration the user may choose an admissible player’s name (nickname). The player’s name must not violate any rights of third parties or be contrary to accepted principles of morality. An entitlement to the attribution of a special user name does not exist. Inadmissible user names are, in particular, e-mail and Internet addresses and words which do not correspond to the technical requirements communicated within the scope of the registration process (e.g. prohibition of certain special characters), if applicable.

Furthermore:

Clause 7 Rules of the Game

2. The user recognizes with respect to all communication possibilities contained in the different service offers of Playata GmbH that Playata GmbH does not tolerate any news, postings or other contents which include the following:

• names for game characters or user accounts that are deemed to be improper according to these GTC; in this case, Playata GmbH shall be entitled to delete such improper names or to proceed to renaming as a milder measure, in addition to the measures mentioned under Clause 8 Paragraph 2;

Edited by mountbara, 05 September 2019 - 11:32 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: username, help, faq, name, user name, screenname, screen name, login

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users