29 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_dparadise_*

Guest_dparadise_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2019 - 06:03 AM

Please use this topic to discuss the new update:

New Features
General
• The Hot & Heavenly Surprise Box now also contains a devilish item set with a unique animation.
• The collection "Just Heavenly?" has been expanded and now rewards you with an additional title.
• For 6 formerly female exclusive items male versions have been added (Corset “Little Angel”, Corset “Archangel”, Corset “Angel”, Corset “Little Devil”, Corset “Lucifer”, Corset “Devil”).
• Filter options have been added to the Sewing Machine. You can now filter by name, rarity and source ( event, career, other).
• Collections got filter options as well. You can now filter by name (in items and collections), rarity of items and sources (event, career, other).
• If a category (rarity, source, reward) is completely disregarded, no collections or items are displayed.

Movies
• The time until next energy will not be reset when a movie mission is started.
• There will now always be a movie mission which can be completed with the energy you have left.
• The movie button in the main menu now flashes when a movie shoot is active and there's enough energy to start a movie mission.

New items for future events and specials have been added:
• We've added 8 new items for female characters, which can be obtained during special events.
• We've added 8 new items for male characters, which can be obtained during special events.

Maintenance
General
• Several smaller issues have been fixed.

#2 Jenny37

Jenny37

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationCzech republic
  • World:US2
  • Studio:Angels

Posted 21 May 2019 - 06:42 AM

I have to praise today, the update took place very quickly ...... the maintenance was very short   :)

#3 Lizbeth

Lizbeth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 07:21 AM

I appreciate that the recent changes were done to improve aspects of the game, and I thank the team for their quick implementation, but may I please voice an issue with one of them?

"The movie button in the main menu now flashes when a movie shoot is active and there's enough energy to start a movie mission."

For years, operant conditioning has taught us that the movie button blinking meant one thing and one thing only. That the duration of the film had expired, and did you want to use notes/diamonds to extend the movie. It was an alert of sorts. Now, it's blinking constantly. It's like driving behind someone who is constantly riding their brakes.

The intention was good, and I do not mean to be rude, but in practice it's extremely annoying. I am sorry. I have animations set to 'few' and this thing just blinks, constantly, incessantly, never stopping.

Please, I beg and beseech thee, give us an option to disable this. I will bend the knee my queen. Mercy.

Updated:

Judging by studio chat and some of our veterans, we can't stand this, and one veteran is openly lamenting this to the point of quitting. This is a terribly annoying change. Reverse it or give us the option to disable it. You've broken something that was working fine. Please. I'm begging you, reconsider. I don't say this to be hyperbolic or rude, again I realize one's heart was well intentioned, but this blinking thing is so annoying.

It's one of the most annoying things I've ever encountered in an interface in 25+ years of gaming.

Edited by Lizbeth, 21 May 2019 - 07:49 AM.

• RosyCheekz, wuffy, sparky1 and 2 others like this

#4 zuza

zuza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 07:34 AM

I appreciate that the recent changes were done to improve aspects of the game, and I thank the team for their quick implementation, but may I please voice an issue with one of them?

"The movie button in the main menu now flashes when a movie shoot is active and there's enough energy to start a movie mission."

For years, operant conditioning has taught us that the movie button blinking meant one thing and one thing only. That the duration of the film had expired, and did you want to use notes/diamonds to extend the movie. It was an alert of sorts. Now, it's blinking constantly. It's like driving behind someone who is constantly riding their brakes.

The intention was good, and I do not mean to be rude, but in practice it's extremely annoying. I am sorry. I have animations set to 'few' and this thing just blinks, constantly, incessantly, never stopping.

Please, I beg and beseech thee, give us an option to disable this. I will bend the knee my queen. Mercy.

I agree, this blinking movie button make me fury

• sparky1 likes this

#5 RosyCheekz

RosyCheekz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA
  • World:NU1
  • Character:RosyCheekz, MaryXXXmas
  • Studio:US5 (was on NU1)

Posted 21 May 2019 - 08:04 AM

All these flashing icons are annoying and players are getting irritated. Couldn't you just use the !, like you do with missions, boosters, work, etc?

• sparky1 and DreamCatcher like this

#6 Kitekat

Kitekat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • LocationNutaku
  • Character:Kitekat
  • Studio:Oxygen

Posted 21 May 2019 - 08:41 AM

if you use up all movie-energy the icon stops blinking so whats the problem ?

i like this new  update :)

#7 wuffy

wuffy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • Character:Audrey4
  • Studio:Busty Spiderbabes

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:19 AM

I was going to rant about the flashing movie icon, a change to the game that is completely un-needed, but I doubt I can say it any better than Lizbeth.   Why?   Once again, change something that is not needed to be changed, makes the game more annoying and not allow us to turn it off.

I have been playing for less than 20 minutes since the upgrade and already that damn flashing icon is driving me batty.   Please, revert this change or give us an option to turn off the blinking.

• Lenyo likes this

#8 FinnGun

FinnGun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationFinland
  • Studio:Studio 69/US2; Daily Climax Studios/NU1

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:30 AM

...and at the same time missions-icon is NOT blinking...

...or even having that (!)...

• Veronika likes this

uZOodpJ.png

#9 Lizbeth

Lizbeth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:57 AM

Short term, the solution is to keep the game in the film screen the whole time while making a movie. The map screen icon may flash if a mission is complete, but that doesn't always work, and it's in the periphery anyway.

Tabbing away and not even looking at the game is also effective.

However, there is a constructive, long term solution and option.

The game's current options give us the choice of all, many, or few where animations are concerned. Just give us players the option for 'none' under animations. Fixed.

I have been on the internet since before there even was a world wide web, and I have witnessed the evolution of web design. I realize that every web designer believed that every animation or graphic on their page looked awesome, but beauty and design is in the eye of the beholder.

Just let the players decide if they want animations or not. Please. It's that simple a fix. It's in fact a very common setting for browser based games to give players an option to turn off animations.

#10 mountbara

mountbara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • Character:Mountbara
  • Studio:Angels on US2 Busty Spiderbabes on NU French Touch on UK2

Posted 21 May 2019 - 10:49 AM

Ok doing a movie now, here are some salient points. 

1: checking a mission when you have 1 mission point should not set the mission to that amount of used. This eliminates strategy of storing time to a certain mission point.

2:the animation seems to only flash if you have a mission that can be done, so if you have zero energy, it does not flash. This goes along with the first problem, missions should not change to time left on mission clock.

3: Strategies for time on movies to maximize points on minimize points are now out the window. The way mission energy is now tied to actually checking missions has thrown this all out the window. So much for 3 1/2 years of learning the best ways. I know, develop new strategies, but fixing something not broken is not a good thing to do to players who want consistency of play. New content is one thing, changing game mechanics is another.

4. On hero zero you have 2 levels of flashing animations, one indicating a mission ongoing, one indicating a completed mission. Why did you not do that here? Only the completed flashing is used here, makes no sense.

#11 wuffy

wuffy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • Character:Audrey4

Posted 21 May 2019 - 11:43 AM

Here's a thought for the flashing icon.  It should only occur in 2 circumstances.

1.   Your movie expired and you now need to extend it

2.   Your movie energy is at a full 30. I would really like this option.   I can't tell you how many times I forgot I had a movie going, let the energy fill up and then forgot about it.

Any other flashing is needless and annoying.   Please re-think this change.  Thank you.

• Lizbeth, Lenyo and Tabithia like this

#12 hannahhandy

hannahhandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Character:HannahHandy
  • Studio:FUN BLONDE GOOD TIMES

Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:41 PM

i will probably just acclimate to seeing the movie icon flash. Could it be more subtle? Sure, but I'm so terrible about remembering that this is going to save me serious $$$. Well, that is an exaggeration, but still...

I am much more jazzed that the seconds in the timer do not not reset after doing a mission. I have made myself obsessively neurotic in  waiting for a full minute to complete. How I dread switching over and seeing 30 seconds left. An exaggeration again, but still...  :D

#13 Eileendream

Eileendream

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Character:Eileendream (NU1)

Posted 21 May 2019 - 02:01 PM

Idea: Expired shoot should flash red. Film power maxed should flash green. Mission ready should not flash since there will be one from 1 energy up. and rather than flashing, could it not just get a glowing outline maybe?

Also...timer until next shoot can be started should start when a film is started, not finished (this is an issue much more than the individual mission reset time), so we don't have to be here all day if we draw long films. (Yes, that would mean doing a 2 hour film would leave you with no wait time before your next one is available.)  :ph34r: 

To justify the above, if a person has a job to do at 4PM and another at 5PM, they start the 2nd at 5PM regardless if the one starting at 4 takes until 4:49

I know they want people to spend diamonds on skips but honestly, the only time I have ever done that was 1st day playing a star with the 75% off option and that was just to get it to stop that annoying pop-up every time I clicked the camera

#14 Tabithia

Tabithia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Character:Tabithia
  • Studio:Sin Goddesses

Posted 21 May 2019 - 02:07 PM

Here's a thought for the flashing icon.  It should only occur in 2 circumstances.

1.   Your movie expired and you now need to extend it

2.   Your movie energy is at a full 30. I would really like this option.   I can't tell you how many times I forgot I had a movie going, let the energy fill up and then forgot about it.

Any other flashing is needless and annoying.   Please re-think this change.  Thank you.

Quoting because I want to show more support than using the like button

It does seem backwards as implemented.  I the flash rate changes if you have enough energy to do a task, but it gets subdued.  

Edited by Tabithia, 21 May 2019 - 02:12 PM.

• Lenyo likes this

4kjbEmU.pngSig by QuTiPy

#15 Veronika

Veronika

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Character:Veronika
  • Studio:Studio 69

Posted 21 May 2019 - 02:34 PM

The update for always having a movie mission equal to your remaining energy has to be removed or at least reworked. I'm in the middle of a movie and I got my movie energy down to 2. The game then spawned three missions of 2, 2 and 1. That's totally unacceptable. Either fix it so only ONE mission spawns with the exact energy or remove this feature completely.

A workaround to this "feature" is to make sure your movie energy never dips below 9. That way you'll get a normal range of high / low missions.

I also suggest NOT spending any diamonds at the tail end of your movie, especially during this temple, since it looks like you won't get any more movie points than what you need to exactly finish the movie.

UPDATE:  I just did the same thing again, getting my movie energy down to 3. The game spawned just one 3 energy mission and a 7 and a 9, so it looks like the above situation was just due to crappy RNG. However, I still suggest using the workarounds during this temple since it would be pretty lousy for "crappy RNG" to strike on your last move mission.

Edited by Veronika, 21 May 2019 - 02:45 PM.

• Sparky100 and FinnGun like this

#16 Eileendream

Eileendream

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 02:34 PM

I would have actually rather seen them go the other way with the film points. 3 is a low enough minimum to me. Would be cooler if they extended the max all the way to a full 30 and increase the bonuses on long ones over 15. Maybe even throw in a diamond or 5.  :P

• Sparky100 likes this

#17 Veronika

Veronika

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Character:Veronika

Posted 21 May 2019 - 03:09 PM

Update to my original post:

I've been playing around with this and I just found a way to exploit this for the temple. Way to go BBE.

• Eileendream likes this

#18 Sparky100

Sparky100

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Character:Sparky

Posted 21 May 2019 - 03:10 PM

I like the thing where the timer doesn't reset. Other than that there was nothing that needed fixing about films. The new short missions is completely unnecessary, in fact one thing that was annoying about films was sometimes having to do a lot of short missions when you start off a new one. I don't need a flashing camera either, I do a normal mission then check back on the movie.

The work in improving the game is appreciated, but I'd say keep the timer thing, drop the other changes

• Veronika and FinnGun like this

#19 Guest_dparadise_*

Guest_dparadise_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2019 - 03:40 PM

if you use up all movie-energy the icon stops blinking so whats the problem ?

i like this new  update :)

Wait till you get 3 energy (3 minutes) and it'll start blinking again lol. 

I personally think the blinking attracts too much attention, it seriously has got me quite some distracted moments this day.

On a side note, the items for male, with the angel, devil corsets... Has anyone found the collection they supposed to go in? They don't even show the note in the top telling me I don't have it yet?

#20 Eileendream

Eileendream

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 03:49 PM

It doesn't seem to be functional all of the time. I'm doing a film right now. at 2 film energy and my film task options are 5, 5 and 6, even if I refresh the page. Earlier same star was getting 1's and 2's when low on film energy.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: maintenance, update, May2019

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users