• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationGreen Bay, Wisconsin.
  • World:US2
  • Character:Nekophiliac
  • Studio:Templers

Posted 22 May 2018 - 11:38 PM

I understand why missiles cost diamonds but I think it should be more like 5 diamonds than 9... because missiles are not a cosmetic thing (and I understand this is a free game so that shouldn't matter as much) but I just think putting them at 5 diamonds would be more appropriate.

#2 hot16

hot16

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Character:hot16
  • Studio:FUN BLONDE GOOD TIMES

Posted 23 May 2018 - 03:48 PM

There are dueling strategies to minimize missile use.  

Any time you attack someone you can choose to NOT equip missiles.  This may result in more losses or having to pick a bit of a weaker opponent, but if your goal is to get diamonds, notes, and items, this works. Not so great if you want the most glory you can get. 

You can leave your missiles on for duel defense, fight missions, party missions, and movie missions because they do not decrease the number of missiles you have. You only lose missiles when you attack someone in a duel or in a studio fight.   

I can usually find missiles at a party or in a movie(and usually they are better than what is available in the shop) so I never have to buy missiles with diamonds.  So there are ways to get around buying missiles with diamonds if it really bothers you. :)

• CaptC likes this

#3 mountbara

mountbara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  • Character:Mountbara
  • Studio:Angels on US2 Busty Spiderbabes on NU French Touch on UK2

Posted 23 May 2018 - 06:05 PM

Hot16 is correct. Many strategies for dueling without missiles. Studio fights they are important in, and for defense in duels, you use none. Pick opponents you can beat without them. 

#4 Lizbeth

Lizbeth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:18 PM

Not that I live to necro a dead thread, but yet I would like to add another perspective. While someone like myself is well experienced in employing and encouraging others to use the "no missiles for duels" approach to this game, by making their cost what they are, it serves to discourage the player base from actually using them.

Ie, we've all just found a workaround to what is pretty much an utterly undesirable game cost.

That's all fine and well, but this approach is antithetical to the established formula of this game where successes are concerned. Which is that as over time, as you do A, B, or C, you make progress towards a success related to A, B, or C. It's resulted in a the progression of almost the entire player base, across all servers, being largely halted (or at least, severely stunted) in regards to the "throwaway" missiles used success.

So they have created a cost, that *discourages* almost an entire player base from actually USING one of the game's mechanics.. and this has been the case for YEARS!

As with Polyamory, when you make something cost more than what largely the entire player base deems it to be worth, your player base proceeds to ignore it, avoids purchasing it, and thus you make significantly less revenue. Perhaps then this is not a good design/decision eh? Just saying ;)

Edited by Lizbeth, 11 June 2018 - 09:19 PM.

• mountbara and sparky1 like this

#5 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationHouston near my Baby
  • World:NU1
  • Character:CaptC
  • Studio:Member emeritus of Busty Spiderbabes

Posted 12 June 2018 - 03:12 PM

I will post a suggestion that the cost of missiles be reduced, in light of the extreme number of missiles needed to hit the achievements for missile usage.

Personally, you could talk me into just making common missiles free. They get more diamonds on a shop refresh than they do for a missile purchase, anyway.

• sparky1 likes this
I have retired from the game, but not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#6 Lizbeth

Lizbeth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 01:37 PM

If they would like to make the common missiles free, similar to most common items, that would be fine. I should think though that rare and epic stacks still retain a diamond cost, but having the entry level 150-stack free would be nice.

Otherwise, as it stands, damn near every top player is probably using the same strategy. Duel without missiles (unless you get extra stacks freely from parties/film rewards) and then keep blue/epic missiles equipped for studio battles and defense, since the former is often prioritized and the latter consumes no missiles.

..and the shop refresh also makes the cost a missiles a bit of a double whammy, because if you wanted to use them more frequently, you would find yourself having to spend 1) 10 diamonds to refresh the shop and then 2) 9 diamonds to buy the missiles, for a total cost of 19 diamonds.

• sparky1 likes this

#7 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 08:32 PM

I personally don't care much about missile quality. I used to, then Ruby showed me the math.

It's important to have missiles. That's tens of thousands of damage in a nominal 10 swing fight.

Which kind of missile you have, not so much. That same nominal 10 swings per duel/studio fight, with a nominal 75ish points difference between epic and normal missiles? The possible difference of 750 in damage is totally insignificant compared to 150Kish life totals. Even using the Colorful Balls refinement doesn't push it that much (and I find at higher levels the Rivet Attachment is much better, anyway.)

In love with my Baby.

#8 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 08:36 PM

..and the shop refresh also makes the cost a missiles a bit of a double whammy, because if you wanted to use them more frequently, you would find yourself having to spend 1) 10 diamonds to refresh the shop and then 2) 9 diamonds to buy the missiles, for a total cost of 19 diamonds.

Given that I don't care about missile quality, it is also a bit of roulette wheel. If you get a rare or epic missile in the shop refresh, it is even more expensive.

In love with my Baby.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: missiles, diamonds, cost

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users