Photo

How big of an improvement should I look for before replacing this item?

refinement faq help guide equipment necklace

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 20886432

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationGreen Bay, Wisconsin.
  • World:US2
  • Character:Nekophiliac
  • Studio:Templers

Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:55 AM

How big would of a skill point improvement do you think I should have in a necklace to replace an item with a 25% chance that critical hits cause 50% more damage refinement? (I know not all stats are created equal but I  can just keep washing it.)

#2 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationHouston near my Baby
  • World:NU1
  • Character:CaptC
  • Studio:Member emeritus of Busty Spiderbabes

Posted 19 November 2017 - 09:01 AM

You are talking about the sparkling diamonds, on your necklace, I think. The description is misleading. After you take a critical hit, your get to do 50% of the crit to the opponent.  But only if you live through the crit.

YMMV but I do not like revenge items like that. The key part is, "IF you live through the crit".

I have retired from the game, but not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#3 mountbara

mountbara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  • Character:Mountbara
  • Studio:Angels on US2 Busty Spiderbabes on NU French Touch on UK2

Posted 19 November 2017 - 11:47 AM

How big would of a skill point improvement do you think I should have in a necklace to replace an item with a 25% chance that critical hits cause 50% more damage refinement? (I know not all stats are created equal but I  can just keep washing it.)

Washing it does not increase stats, it only changes their distribution. If you are not a diamond buyer and willing to refine until you get the enhancement you want, any improvement in skill points is worth changing.

#4 20886432

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationGreen Bay, Wisconsin.
  • Character:Nekophiliac
  • Studio:Templers

Posted 19 November 2017 - 06:13 PM

I know it just rearranges them but they are not on the skills that I want (it mostly just raises strength right now the one I find the least important). The 25% chance refinement I have there is the best refinement that a necklace item can have at the highest % it can be.

#5 Kitekat

Kitekat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • LocationNutaku
  • Character:Kitekat
  • Studio:Oxygen

Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:43 PM

for me it sounds like metal spikes :)

not the best anyway

#6 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationHouston near my Baby
  • Character:CaptC
  • Studio:Member emeritus of Busty Spiderbabes

Posted 20 November 2017 - 02:41 PM

Oh, you are probably right, Kitekat. 

Metal spikes might not be the best, but I greatly prefer them over the sparkling diamonds.

I have retired from the game, but not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#7 GingerSnaps

GingerSnaps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Character:GingerSnaps
  • Studio:Wycked Films (US2) / FemDom Empire Productions (NU1)

Posted 22 November 2017 - 08:10 PM

And considering that on a necklace, except for the % stat increase enhancements, you only get those two special ones, I agree with CaptC that spikes > sparkling diamonds. Better a chance for increased damage on a hit than a revenge/reflection after being hit (if you survive). Matter of fact, if I were to reroll on a necklace, I'd try for an epic % stat.

#8 Lizbeth

Lizbeth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 08:41 AM

My answer. It depends.

It Depends on how much money you want to gamble, and are willing to spend, because I can re-refine an item 4-5 times and get the exact epic refinement I want, and I can also spend 1500 diamonds and come up with bupkis. If you're a free or mostly free player, this is trickier.

For myself, I generally won't even consider replacing an item until it gives about +175-250 more stats, and I only replace an item if I can get the same epic refinement again.

It also depends on the percentage of the refinement, and we'll use your 25% metal spikes as an example. If you had another necklace that added +210 stats, but had "only" say a 20% metal spikes blue refinement, I'd strongly consider it. Why? Well, let's say that +210 stats allowed you to boost your charisma significantly. That increase in charisma would increase your chance TO crit, and increasing your chance TO first crit would also provide a passive increase in the chance of metal spikes proc'ing, since it can only ever proc when you critically hit an opponent to begin with.

It also depends on exactly which refinement. Going from a 30% chance to say a 24% chance to attack twice on a head item, in exchange for +210 stats, worth considering.

On boots, I'm a 100% smelling salts only kinda player.

Like I said, it all kind of depends. :)

• TaraBing likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: refinement, faq, help, guide, equipment, necklace

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users