Photo

Would you change my current pair of shoes with new ones?

refinement refinements help upgrade

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 20886432

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationGreen Bay, Wisconsin.
  • World:US2
  • Character:Nekophiliac
  • Studio:Templers

Posted 15 August 2017 - 09:24 PM

is a new pair of shoes that gives +26 stamina -25 charisma +151 finesse -83 strength (but only has a +4% finesse refinement) better than my current pair that has a 69% chance of setting my hit points to 1 after a usually fatal hit?

• CaptC and TaraBing like this

#2 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Character:TaraBing (UK2)

Posted 16 August 2017 - 12:25 AM

Hi xx-6432,

This sounds like a question for Capt...

But without knowing all the specifics, my guess is the 69% chance at resetting your hit points to 1 on a fatal blow is more valuable, despite the gains made in stamina and finesse (+4% to finesses base), coupled with the minuses made in charisma and strength.

Was it just by coincidence that your net gain on the skills comes to +69 ?  ...  Smug.png

-TB Flower.png

• 20886432 likes this

#3 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationHouston near my Baby
  • World:NU1
  • Character:CaptC
  • Studio:Member emeritus of Busty Spiderbabes

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:53 AM

From the skills quoted, Tara calculated (+69 and 4% of finesse basics) versus 69% chance of resurrection.

We can't get the total +skills on the new piece directly, because we do not know your finesse basics.

We also can't tell exactly how much the 69% chance of resurrection is worth, because we don't know how much damage you do in a single hit.

But we can do a partial analysis, and you can figure out the rest on your own.

I think of +skills as doing a point of damage on every swing.  (That is what would happen if those points were in strength.)  Over a 10 swing fight that +69 is worth 690 damage.  You can do a similar calculation on the skills gained by the 4% finesse refinement.  If your finesse basics are x, then the extra damage in a fight from your new shoes would be (.04 * x * 10) + 690. or .4x + 690

I think of the resurrection shoes as giving you an extra swing.  If the damage you cause is y, then the extra damage from the resurrection shoes is .69 * y

Calculate those two numbers, and pick the shoes with the bigger number. (Bet you a dollar it is the resurrection shoes.)

• TaraBing likes this
I have retired from the game, but not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#4 mimesis

mimesis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Character:mimesis on NU1
  • Studio:Daily Climax Studios on NU1

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:29 AM

omg!

Captc is definitely my guru! :) 

The Smelly Salt Polish is by far my favorite refinement! If I manage to get a 100% chance, I stick to it until I cannot find the same on a higher level pair of shoes. This is what my pussy tells me!!! :D 

Of course for girls it's easier..

Girls' feet are small jewels that emanate a smooth fragrance also in the most challenging situations and we wear sandals and other light, and in any case small, footwear that even after one month of usage still smell of fresh leather. :P 

On the opposite, boys' feet are big, always risk to step on girls' toes and are wrapped in huge shoes that, after only one day stink like...well, girls know what I mean. :wacko: 

So, whenever you decide to change shoes, dispose the old ones accurately far away from my nose!

• TaraBing likes this

9v8aUAs.png

#5 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationHouston near my Baby
  • World:NU1
  • Character:CaptC
  • Studio:Member emeritus of Busty Spiderbabes

Posted 17 August 2017 - 12:54 PM

A guru?  Some people think so.

ra4oVkZ.jpg

I have retired from the game, but not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#6 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:32 AM

Hey xx-6432...

is a new pair of shoes that gives +26 stamina -25 charisma +151 finesse -83 strength (but only has a +4% finesse refinement) better than my current pair that has a 69% chance of setting my hit points to 1 after a usually fatal hit?

Which did you go with ?

omg!

Captc is definitely my guru! :) 

The Smelly Salt Polish is by far my favorite refinement! If I manage to get a 100% chance, I stick to it until I cannot find the same on a higher level pair of shoes. This is what my pussy tells me!!! :D 

Of course for girls it's easier..

Girls' feet are small jewels that emanate a smooth fragrance also in the most challenging situations and we wear sandals and other light, and in any case small, footwear that even after one month of usage still smell of fresh leather. :P 

On the opposite, boys' feet are big, always risk to step on girls' toes and are wrapped in huge shoes that, after only one day stink like...well, girls know what I mean. :wacko: 

So, whenever you decide to change shoes, dispose the old ones accurately far away from my nose!

Hey mimes... I've said it before, your kitty has good instink... err, I meant to say instinct...  ...  Smug.png

-TB Flower.png

#7 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:34 AM

A guru?  Some people think so.

ra4oVkZ.jpg

This movie just reminded me of Mike Meyers, playing Austin Powers, as the Love Guru.   Yeah baby!

A zen-like disconnect for sure...  ...  Smug.png

-TB Flower.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: refinement, refinements, help, upgrade

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users