• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 bella

bella

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 09:47 PM

I'm finally burnt out from this game. I made it to level 160, always have rare or epic refinements filled, not a top 10 studio but trying to climb to be one. There is no way to compete with a top 10 studio. There is no way to keep a trophy unless you are in the top 10. I think it is boring to join them, I'd rather compete against them and climb to the top. It's impossible to do that.

There is also no way to play this game with purpose without spending diamonds. I'm ashamed that I've fallen for the trap and spent 100's of dollars in just a few months. You will need refinements. You will need cakes and doubles. You will need to spend diamonds during the convention temple. In order for any studio to stay on top, you will need to spend money on diamonds. The temple right now is collecting the rare silver coins. It would be a full time job to spend all your energy every single day collecting these. So of course you are going to spend a lot of money buying diamonds to finish the missions. That is if you want to hold some kind of place in the temple.

Isn't the point of the game to compete against the other studios? If that is impossible to do then what is the point? I know they have worked hard to get to where they are. But so have the members in my studio. They will always be on top since everyday they get stronger. As will we but of course they will always be stronger. I know some players stick around for the chat. Eventually, that will die down and their studio goes down with them because there is no point in the game.

It's clear to me that the game caters to the top 10 studios. The rest of the players either break down and join them or quit the game after 2-3 months. It would be much more rewarding to me if we had a chance against the top 10, could keep a trophy instead of a top studio taking it the minute we get it, and not having to spend a ridiculous amount of money on diamonds to get any where in this game.

#2 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • World:US2
  • Character:TaraBing (UK2)

Posted 24 July 2017 - 07:57 AM

Hi Bella,

I think the game can be played in tiers.... well, that's the way I've accepted playing it.

No one studio rose from the bottom and got to the top overnight.  It takes time, a strategy, a plan, good players around you, and did I mention time?  Yah, I did.  Patience isn't a virtue in this game, it's a prerequisite.

And during that time, you go through the ranks... if you're below TOP-20, you're not likely to get picked on by a Top-10 studio.  You're more likely to be battling the likes of 10 ahead of you, or 10 behind you - or something to that magnitude.

Diamonds do help speed things up...  instead of waiting 10 days to try 10 free refinements, you can get all 10 tries done in one go if you have the diamonds.  Same with boosters, etc.  The diamonds pay for the best, and the longest boosters. But again, diamonds are not the only way to play this game.

There are some real smart players in this game, and getting to know them, and how they do their thing can always be a consideration for you.  Some of them freely share their knowledge in these forums too.

Here's hoping you find your game before you go insane... ... Smug.png

-TB Flower.png

#3 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationHouston near my Baby
  • World:NU1
  • Character:CaptC
  • Studio:Member emeritus of Busty Spiderbabes

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:31 PM

I felt the exact same thing.  It is true that to get into that last tier, you need to do something extraordinary.  In the case of my Busty Spiderbabes studio, it took a major merger between two studios.  My studio had solid players top to bottom and diamond donators, the other studio had higher end players and a brave boss willing to do what it took to get to the top. The result of the merger was that two top twenty studios immediately became a top 5 studio, and a few months later we were first.

In the case of Abusement Park, it is mostly smart recruitment. We stayed in shouting distance of the top for quite some time, and we made friends with players in other studios.  When some of those studios imploded, we picked up like minded players who did NOT want to just be front-runners and join the top studio. This is the harder route, but it can be done.

As to money... yes, someone is going to have to spend. But it can be done over time. I set a monthly budget, and have kept within it. Don't hurt yourself trying for everything all at once, spend what you are comfortable with, and budget accordingly.

If you want to save diamonds, usually you just need to slow down, realize this game is a marathon and not a sprint. Here's a few hints:

• You don't have to have the best refinements on each and every piece of gear, each and every time.  It's ok to set a limits on the amount of refines you do, per day or per piece.  There is nothing wrong with selling off a piece that didn't get a suitable refinement.  If you keep playing, another piece with suitable stats will be along shortly.
  • Conventions are diamond wasters. It is true that you can get good gear - but see the point above, you can always get more good gear.  It is true that you can turn diamonds directly into skills and experience this way, but it is horribly expensive and completely inefficient.
  • Same thing with buying mission completion. Yes, it speeds your character along wonderfully - but it is SO expensive.  Put the time in you can.  Accelerating movies to finish them in a play session is relatively efficient, accelerating missions not so much.

Edited by CaptC, 24 July 2017 - 12:32 PM.

I have retired from the game, but not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#4 mimesis

mimesis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Character:mimesis on NU1
  • Studio:Daily Climax Studios on NU1

Posted 25 July 2017 - 01:23 PM

Hi Bella :-)

I like your name, by the way!!

I understand what you are saying in your post. I understand that the game can sometimes feel frustrating.

Being naturally submissive I am anyway quite resilient, and so I can endure the frustration. ;) 

My point of view is the following, and I got there after a few days I was playing the game and I confirmed it after months of playing.

What is fun for me is the chat and the possibility to interact with the players in the studio. When people are engaged in this way they will remain in the game because they build bounds with other players.

Of course we all need a purpose. And progressing in the rankings represents the purpose.

This game is indeed a marathon, and getting to the top requires months and months.

I think you will not burn out if you manage to be in a good studio environment where you have fun in spite of the frustration:

chatting role-playing...and in the meantime press the buttons.

If you think you can get to the top in only a few weeks either you are ready to spend a loooooot of money or you will be disappointed. And this simply means that you will be disappointed in any case.

On the other side I have to say that I don't like some decisions recently taken by the developers and that in my opinion are not "neutral" but that make it even more difficult for a new studio to get to the top. What I mean is that getting to the top is not easy and already the competition among studios and among players makes it so. I think the developers shouldn't further skew the game in this direction.

In the end I can say that I like this game because it gives me the opportunity to be sexed up by other players and gives me an alibi (as if I needed one) to rub my pussy. Thus my suggestion is: slow down, enjoy and rub!! :D  :D  :D 

XOXO!

mim

• CaptC likes this

9v8aUAs.png

#5 Honcho

Honcho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 12:51 PM

I almost started a new thread, but after rereading this one, what I have to add is in the same vein.

Movie Trophies KILLED the BBA!

It was bad enough that players were buying the BBA by refreshing with diamonds until they got to their own film, but now with the Movie Trophies (MT), the MT holding studios are the only films ever put up for votes by the game, and it makes it even easier for them to refresh to their own films! 

The MT "benefits" need to be changed or players will stop buying Diamonds, or maybe this is the final straw and the players will just quit.  

This new trophy will definitely reduce the average "player lifetime" from several months to just a few!

• mimesis likes this

#6 mimesis

mimesis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 August 2017 - 02:05 PM

I agree!!!!!
I already wrote about it in a separate post and this week i can already see the effects.
I totally utterly and hornily agree!
My question is: did the programmers do it on purpose? Did they know they would get this?
If it is so then maybe simply bbe is not my game, as i already wrote. If they simply didn't forsee the effects...GO BACK!!!!!

9v8aUAs.png

#7 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 06:00 PM

I will reiterate the suggestion that the maximum number of movies that count towards BBA placement be capped.  I hope that will fix the problem.

I do not think the developers try to anger anyone Mim. They have been getting input for some time that there be new trophies. In responding to that, I suspect they simply didn't foresee this effect.

In love with my Baby.

#8 mimesis

mimesis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 August 2017 - 06:02 PM

Well...i already opened the ticket as i wrote in my post.
And i claim my right to be angry!!!
And i stomp my foot!!!

9v8aUAs.png

#9 RosyCheekz

RosyCheekz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA
  • Character:RosyCheekz, MaryXXXmas
  • Studio:US5 (was on NU1)

Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:56 PM

I agree that the film trophies weren't fully thought out. And I agree that the number of films that count for the BBAs be capped at 21 (3/day for the week). The extra films can still get sp, notes, and items without spending precious energy. Though with that effect the 20% penalty might wind up being too steep. Of course they can change it, as evidenced by the penalty reduction for courage trophies.

I guess it's a case of are you frustrated enough to quit or are you willing to give them a chance to fix things? For myself, I'll stick it out (so to speak) for the sake of the friends I've made.

Rosy

#10 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 08:32 PM

The good thing about BBE is that there are many ways to play.  You can "win" by making cool movies (BBA), being in top studio on the glory charts, being top duelist, winning the current temple, or just being in a social group with nice people in a mildly titillating game... probably other ways I haven't considered.

The great thing about BBE was that there were some ways to "win" that required money, but others that didn't. For example, some temples can be bought, others are very resistant to money, requiring effort and planning.

The BBAs were a domain that was mildly influenced by money, but which anybody free or paying, could and often did win, especially if supported by active teammates. But the movie trophies have converted the BBAs into a province purely of power studios already "winning" on the glory charts.

My studios on both uk and us servers are doing extraordinarily well in the BBAs the last few weeks. I enjoy the rewards, but not the victories, if that makes sense.

Ain't no one from one of the top studios going to quit, or even reduce their spending, because they can't dominate the BBAs automatically.  But players who want to actually compete for the top prize, in at least some area of the game, with only a mild nod being given to money inputs... those players may quit because the BBA has become a P2W feature.

It should be addressed, and promptly, before those players leave the game.  You can't convert a free player into a cash player, if they stopped playing.

Edited by CaptC, 06 August 2017 - 08:42 PM.

In love with my Baby.

#11 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 08:38 PM

I agree that the film trophies weren't fully thought out. And I agree that the number of films that count for the BBAs be capped at 21 (3/day for the week). The extra films can still get sp, notes, and items without spending precious energy. Though with that effect the 20% penalty might wind up being too steep. Of course they can change it, as evidenced by the penalty reduction for courage trophies.

I guess it's a case of are you frustrated enough to quit or are you willing to give them a chance to fix things? For myself, I'll stick it out (so to speak) for the sake of the friends I've made.

Rosy

I think the 20% is not too steep, at all.  The rewards for winning the BBA should not even factor into the equation over the trophy benefits. The free skills by picking an extra movie is easily worth two energy trophies. I didn't think that was true when the movie trophies first came out.  I have come around though, and admit my first impression was incorrect.

I will go the other way. If they do nothing else, the movie trophy penalty should be increased substantially to cover the huge advantage it confers in the BBA. 30% or even more would seem correct to me.

Edited by CaptC, 06 August 2017 - 08:40 PM.

In love with my Baby.

#12 RosyCheekz

RosyCheekz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA
  • Character:RosyCheekz, MaryXXXmas
  • Studio:US5 (was on NU1)

Posted 06 August 2017 - 09:43 PM

Guess I wasn't too clear. What I was trying to say was if you take away the ability of the film trophy to influence the BBA, then the penalty may be too stiff. I could be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time, or even the second.

I'd be quite happy if they just got rid of the damn things. It was a noble effort that just didn't quite make it. Though I'm afraid that they're gonna go the same route as with energy. "Want more films? Pay diamonds!"

#13 mimesis

mimesis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 August 2017 - 10:04 PM

I am not an expert, but the problem I see is that this game struggles to attract and retain players.
These mechanics that skew the game reinforcing the barriers that new player have to overcome in order to progress and to achieve something are simply chasing players away.
BBA is an interesting feature of the game, and this trophy has killed it.
Temple is interesting and whatever mechanic that would limit the competition would kill it.
The studio rankings are great, trophies are a way to increase the competition.

The point is that no mechanic introduced in one of the three should limit the competition in one of the others. And this is what has happened with this trophy.

Omg, I am already dizzy. I am thinking too much.

Of course trophies should grant some reward to balance the handicap they give. Why not to give outfits and other gear as reward?
If a studio holds a trophy for a period gets some points and based on the points achieved players get a reward of a certain quality: lace panties from Agent Provocateur, for instance.

Great rewards and no screwing the mechanics.
I would get crazy for those panties...just to keep them in a drawer, I don't wear them anyway!!!

Edited by mimesis, 06 August 2017 - 10:09 PM.

9v8aUAs.png

#14 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 10:40 PM

Guess I wasn't too clear. What I was trying to say was if you take away the ability of the film trophy to influence the BBA, then the penalty may be too stiff. I could be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time, or even the second.

I'd be quite happy if they just got rid of the damn things. It was a noble effort that just didn't quite make it. Though I'm afraid that they're gonna go the same route as with energy. "Want more films? Pay diamonds!"

You were clear.  We just disagree about whether 20% is appropriate or not.

As for the infinite energy on Nutaku... Blech, ptooey.  Talk about P2W.

• mountbara likes this
In love with my Baby.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: trophioes, top10, top 10 studios, diamonds, temple

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users