Photo

Should I try refining a gadget that gives me +20% missile damage?

refinements refinement question gadget

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 20886432

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationGreen Bay, Wisconsin.
  • World:US2
  • Character:Nekophiliac
  • Studio:Templers

Posted 02 July 2017 - 08:39 PM

I have a gadget that has an epic refinement to give +20% missile damage, is it worth it for me to try to get the Rivet attachment refinement (it gives a 5 to a max of 30% chance to deal out a total damage over 4 rounds in the amount of 45% of the triggering hit depending on if it is common rare or epic refinement.) My other items have all really good refinements.

#2 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationHouston near my Baby
  • World:NU1
  • Character:CaptC
  • Studio:Member emeritus of Busty Spiderbabes

Posted 03 July 2017 - 11:42 AM

Depends.

If you have diamonds burning a hole in your pocket, refine until you get the perfect refinement on every piece of gear that you are wearing, each and every time. You like the rivets better? Refine away until you get the epic!

If your budget is more constrained, I generally advise against refining ANYTHING that already has a refine on it. The more dear your refinements are, the more you want to make sure you always have three options.

And remember, that really great piece of gear you just found is going to suck in a couple of levels, and something better will come along... Being patient can still give you a perfectly acceptable set of refinements.

Lastly, levels come fast and furious when you are starting out. You will be changing equipment so fast, I also recommend never re-rolling anything below about level 100, and maybe not even then.

=Cap

I have retired from the game, but not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#3 20886432

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationGreen Bay, Wisconsin.
  • World:US2
  • Character:Nekophiliac
  • Studio:Templers

Posted 03 July 2017 - 02:59 PM

Depends.

If you have diamonds burning a hole in your pocket, refine until you get the perfect refinement on every piece of gear that you are wearing, each and every time. You like the rivets better? Refine away until you get the epic!

If your budget is more constrained, I generally advise against refining ANYTHING that already has a refine on it. The more dear your refinements are, the more you want to make sure you always have three options.

And remember, that really great piece of gear you just found is going to suck in a couple of levels, and something better will come along... Being patient can still give you a perfectly acceptable set of refinements.

Lastly, levels come fast and furious when you are starting out. You will be changing equipment so fast, I also recommend never re-rolling anything below about level 100, and maybe not even then.

=Cap

Thank you, I am level 124 right now. I just don't know which refinements are best sometimes, I think that I will forgo refining it though.

#4 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationHouston near my Baby
  • World:NU1
  • Character:CaptC
  • Studio:Member emeritus of Busty Spiderbabes

Posted 04 July 2017 - 06:48 PM

There was another post about which refinements are best somewhere around.  I don't want to write thousands of words about it here, but in general:

I distinguish between combat refinements (which do something in duels) and skill refinements (that add to your skills total passively)

Generally, choose epic over rare over common refinements.

Combat refinements at your level will be generally be better than skill refinements.

(Exception: the first strike refine on your hat is terrible, because it is useless in a studio fight.)

When there are two combat refinements to choose from, opinions vary on circumstance. But Spurring Knobs, Smelling Salts, Metal Spikes, Applied Lube are pretty much standard.

• mountbara likes this
I have retired from the game, but not from life.
In love with my Baby.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: refinements, refinement, question, gadget

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users