Photo

How much rarer is it to get a "special" refinement vs a stat refinement?

refinement stat rare question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 20886432

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationGreen Bay, Wisconsin.
  • World:US2
  • Character:Nekophiliac
  • Studio:Templers

Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:00 PM

I am just wondering because I usually see stat refinements... I know there is 2 specials vs 4 stat possibilities but is that the only reason or are the specials harder to get besides just the 2vs4?

#2 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Character:TaraBing (UK2)

Posted 19 June 2017 - 04:49 PM

Hi xx-6432...

I am just wondering because I usually see stat refinements... I know there is 2 specials vs 4 stat possibilities but is that the only reason or are the specials harder to get besides just the 2vs4?

I'm not sure if anyone has done any research or studies on this.  I always assumed it was an equal 3 in 6 chance (50%) on a first attempt and a 2 in 6 chance (33%) on a second attempt.  But that assumes all the chances are equal.  If the epics and rares are tougher to get (which are the ones most players covet), then those specific premium refinements must have even less of a chance where the odds would be lower.

If any of you scientific types in the community would like to do any testing (sample sizes of 33 to 100 or more refinements), it would be great to publish your findings here with a kind reply.  Of course even at the lower 33 samples, it will take just over a month at the freebie rate.to produce those results.- unless someone already knows the answer.   :D .

Put on your lab coats and let's get nerdy...  Smug.png

-TB Flower.png

#3 mimesis

mimesis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Character:mimesis on NU1
  • Studio:Daily Climax Studios on NU1

Posted 19 June 2017 - 04:52 PM

Hello 20886432!!! :) 

I try to answer to your question.

For each item there are 6 possible refinements: 2 specials and 4 basic skills improvements

Each of the 6 refinements comes in 3 possible levels: normal, rare or epic

this gives a total of...18 combinations? my blow job skills are better than my math skills... :rolleyes: 

Anyway I think only the creators of the game know the rule that assign the probabilities, so I will tell you what are my feelings:

within the same level the probabilities seem to me the same for the 6 refinements. But the probability to get a rare are lower than getting a normal and for epic refinements are even less than for rares.

I got several time epic special refinements but only few times epic skill improvement refinements.

That's what my pussy feels about this topic...and I trust my pussy!!!! :D 

• 20886432 likes this

9v8aUAs.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: refinement, stat, rare, question

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users