Photo

Should I change my hat that has lower stats but a better refinement?

refinement stats upgrade change hat head

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 20886432

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationGreen Bay, Wisconsin.
  • World:US2
  • Character:Nekophiliac
  • Studio:Templers

Posted 03 June 2019 - 12:11 PM

Should I replace my current hat (103 Stamina, 449 Charisma, 724  Finess (+ a refinement htat gives me a 25% chance of attacking twice in a row)

or should I replace it with a 239 Strength, 773 Charisma, -332 Finesse, -103 Stamina (and a 7% chance to attack twice in a row?)

#2 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationHouston near my Baby
  • World:NU1
  • Character:CaptC
  • Studio:Member emeritus of Busty Spiderbabes

Posted 04 June 2019 - 04:58 AM

You insist on considering downgrading refinements for a few extra skills. My advice is simple: Stop thinking that way.

Anyone over level 150 should be taking the best refinements they can get. A few extra skills is almost always worth far, far less than a purple refinement

In studio fights? The name of the game is having the best refinements.

In duels? The name of the game is having the best refinements.

In movie covers? The name of the game is having the biggest boobs.

• 20886432 likes this
I have retired from the game, but not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#3 mountbara

mountbara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  • Character:Mountbara
  • Studio:Angels on US2 Busty Spiderbabes on NU French Touch on UK2

Posted 04 June 2019 - 11:36 AM

You could have stopped right here ;)

The name of the game is having the biggest boobs.

• CaptC, 20886432 and BubbleBlow like this

#4 20886432

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 11:45 PM

This topic is solved because I refined it again and got the maximum 30% chance to attack twice, but thank you for your help.

#5 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 04:08 AM

Sigh... Refining items a second time is suboptimal. I am glad you got lucky, but in my opinion, you should not do that.

• Repeat after me: Skills are far less important than the best refinements.
  • That means you want each refinement attempt to have the maximum chance to get the best refinement
  • Refining an item a second time, you only get two chances for the best refinement, whereas refining a clean item gives you three chances.
  • You can pay 19 diamonds to re-roll a refinement, such that you get three chances at the best refinements on an otherwise clean item.

Conclusion 1: NEVER EVER refine an item unless it is clean. Rolling again after the piece already has a refinement cuts your odds of getting the refinement you want, by 33%

Conclusion 2: If you have fallen in love with a particular item, and absolutely will keep refining that piece until you get the best refinement, pay the 19 diamonds for re-rolls.

• 20886432 and BubbleBlow like this
In love with my Baby.

#6 Terrorsin

Terrorsin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • World:INT2
  • Character:BigBadBoobs
  • Studio:Project X

Posted 06 June 2019 - 03:56 AM

I need to know more about the movie covers.  I've had a sex change by changing server, but I'm not doing any better with films!  Now I miss my walking stick.

#7 20886432

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 09:52 AM

Sigh... Refining items a second time is suboptimal. I am glad you got lucky, but in my opinion, you should not do that.

• Repeat after me: Skills are far less important than the best refinements.
  • That means you want each refinement attempt to have the maximum chance to get the best refinement
  • Refining an item a second time, you only get two chances for the best refinement, whereas refining a clean item gives you three chances.
  • You can pay 19 diamonds to re-roll a refinement, such that you get three chances at the best refinements on an otherwise clean item.

Conclusion 1: NEVER EVER refine an item unless it is clean. Rolling again after the piece already has a refinement cuts your odds of getting the refinement you want, by 33%

Conclusion 2: If you have fallen in love with a particular item, and absolutely will keep refining that piece until you get the best refinement, pay the 19 diamonds for re-rolls.

Yes I know you only get two chances after the first refinement (which is ballowny in my opinion) but it had more than 100+ skill points and I wanted to get those  :(

Edited by CaptC, 06 June 2019 - 12:59 PM.

#8 20886432

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 09:52 AM

I need to know more about the movie covers.  I've had a sex change by changing server, but I'm not doing any better with films!  Now I miss my walking stick.

lol wut xD

#9 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 01:26 PM

Yes I know you only get two chances after the first refinement (which is ballowny in my opinion) but it had more than 100+ skill points and I wanted to get those  :(

Some points to make there:

• If you are playing regularly, another item of roughly comparable or better skills will be along soon. Sell any item that gets a poor refinement, and patiently wait for the next item to show up.
  • If it is a particular pattern you want to wear, it is usually more diamond efficient to refine clean items until you get the right refinement. Then use the sewing machine to buy the pattern you want to wear.
  • +100 skills is not enough to compensate for downgrading almost any refinement.

Edited by CaptC, 06 June 2019 - 01:28 PM.

In love with my Baby.

#10 mountbara

mountbara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  • Character:Mountbara
  • Studio:Angels on US2 Busty Spiderbabes on NU French Touch on UK2

Posted 06 June 2019 - 01:38 PM

If you have an item that is +100 or more, it means your levels have increased to the point to where you can get items of that level. Another will come along soon enough.

I will not opine on CaptC's strategy on refining. How you play the game depends on many factors, are you a diamond buyer, are you patient, are you competing towards the top of the leader board, what are your game goals. Each person really needs to balance each thing towards what is best for them.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: refinement, stats, upgrade, change, hat, head

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users