Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • World:US2
  • Character:hot16
  • Studio:FUN BLONDE GOOD TIMES

Posted 05 July 2018 - 03:58 PM

Okay, my first suggestions would be to do away with this temple all together but I doubt that will ever happen.

But, in order to level the playing field between those with diamonds (and apparently an endless supply of them) and those who do not have diamonds I thought a simple scoring change could help.

10 points per convention show where you wait the full amount of time.  1 point per show using diamonds to speed up the process.

Batteries would not factor in too much so to me it doesn't matter if battery shortened shows would be 1 point or 10 points.....

• Kitekat likes this

#2 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationHouston near my Baby
  • World:NU1
  • Character:CaptC
  • Studio:Member emeritus of Busty Spiderbabes

Posted 05 July 2018 - 05:34 PM

I don't care how you score it. Two in three weeks is going to cause a player revolt.  

REALLY bad idea, Playata.

I have retired from the game, but not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#3 Kitekat

Kitekat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • LocationNutaku
  • Character:Kitekat
  • Studio:Oxygen

Posted 05 July 2018 - 05:53 PM

like hot16 s idea a bit :)

#4 mountbara

mountbara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  • Character:Mountbara
  • Studio:Angels on US2 Busty Spiderbabes on NU French Touch on UK2

Posted 05 July 2018 - 06:33 PM

5 points for shortening would be better. It still gives diamond players incentive and everyone else a chance. I can tell you though, part of the reason they schedule them so close together is they are making big money on it. So I don't foresee any change coming. I can tell you, my studio is fed up, and likely not to participate more than nominally this time around.

#5 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 07:11 PM

I am urging my teammates to not spend a single diamond on the upcoming convention temple. I get why Playata does it, but they don't get to put their fingers in my wallet on a continuous basis.

In love with my Baby.

#6 hot16

hot16

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 08:08 PM

well, I don't see BBE ever getting rid of these convention temples for reasons everyone has listed above.

So instead of fighting that impossible battle, I thought why not suggest a modification to the temple so that diamonds are still useful but to a lesser degree. This is the case with all the other temples where diamonds are helpful, but maybe not to the extent where one player can take over the whole competition.  it's kinda ridiculous when one player can take over a whole temple competition.... 

#7 Juul

Juul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 08:10 PM

Some studios are fed up and dont spend much energy (and diamonds) in the convention temple anymore.

Its a pity, it scares people away from this game.

No winners on the long run.

#8 Lizbeth

Lizbeth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 06:03 AM

I've bemoaned convention temples often enough, because I lose sleep over them, but there are some positives to having a convention temple next week.

1) During a convention temple, we can use our energy towards what aim we desire. Work towards successes, prioritize XP or Notes, or any combination thereof. We do not have to focus on just skill missions, or just timed missions, or just fight missions, or just pandas, etc. We have absolute freedom with how we use our energy, which leads us to the fact that...

2) Successful conventions, and they often are during convention temples, are a good source of free bonus energy, which will especially useful given that we now have a...

3) New (repeat) special event, that requires us to gain flags, soccer balls, and complete 100 endurance missions in 9 days. This extra energy is going to be critically important, because that averages out to 11 endurance  missions per day. Now to provide some context, I use a 50% mission booster, have access to an additional 40 energy per day, and have no apprehension about using another 25 diamonds per day for a 5th energy refill, and *I* am concerned about the challenge of getting 100 of these things done.

For the majority of the player base who has access to no additional energy and is using the standard 25% mission booster, I find this number exceptionally difficult, if not perhaps impossible. This one, single part of the event was of enough concern to me that within minutes of the event's start, I convened an emergency discussion in our studio to suggest (and determine if there was consensus) that we immediately advise our members to prioritize stamina missions and this new event. We agreed to largely abandon this week's temple, because I could not see how most of our members could continue to focus on pandas for the remaining 5 days of the temple, AND have any possibility of finishing this event in the allotted time.

4) Lastly, appearances in a convention, success or fail, count towards a success that gives rewards such as items, energy, diamonds, and skill points. I'm still working on those, as are almost all of us. Another 80+ shows and I get more skill points. They also give bonus experience, win or fail.

Now, conventions certainly wouldn't have been my first choice. Then again, having a special event that involves 100 stamina missions and two other collection items, start up at the same time as a panda collection temple, also wouldn't have been my preference either. Even if I was NOT in a certain studio, and I haven't always been, my feelings above would be unchanged. I would still pragmatically look at a convention temple, in lieu of there being a special event ongoing, as a week to do whatever I want with my energy, and as an opportunity for bonus experience and energy.

Energy that almost all players can desperately use towards this new event.

So, at this point, your choices are as follows:

#1 - Find the positives, of which there are, and use that as sweetener to make lemonade.

#2 - Not look at the positives, add no sweetener, and suck it down straight up sour.

Personally, I'd rather have a glass of fresh orange juice, but it is what it is...

• CaptC likes this

#9 hot16

hot16

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 10:33 AM

Even if I was NOT in a certain studio, and I haven't always been, my feelings above would be unchanged. 

HAHAHA! That sentence made me chuckle... :D

Just teasing Liz. I know you are about as unbiased as they come.

I did write that my preference would be to get rid of convention temple but knowing that would not happen, my suggestion was to decrease the value of the diamond shows toward temple points to make it more in-line with the other temples where diamonds still help but don't overwhelmingly skew the results of temple. We would still have the benefits of the conventions with a more balanced temple.  I am going to say "balanced" not "fair" as whether this is "fair" for temple is open to interpretation.

I don't think there is much support for the idea though :(

Edited by hot16, 09 July 2018 - 10:47 AM.

#10 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 02:41 PM

I will post your suggestion, hot.  I am not sure a freemium model will ever penalize diamond usage, though.

In love with my Baby.

#11 hot16

hot16

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 10:35 AM

Thank you CaptC!

I think there is a potential that more diamonds may be spent with this change.  Not sure, but more people may be willing to spend diamonds and even the heavy diamond players may spend more diamonds to try and get an advantage in temple... 

#12 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 12:23 PM

The suggestion that I sent up the chain yesterday:  https://forum.uk.big...-weeks/?p=16982

In love with my Baby.

#13 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:03 PM

Lizbeth... you summarize the advantages of a convention temple quite well. Everything you say is true.

(And I will note that I am also subject to accusations of bias. My studios do have some spenders, but no one on the scale of several other studios on the server. I speak ill of conventions because I play on a budget and I hate wasting diamonds on such an inefficient mechanism, and I am bored to tears by multiple conventions per day during a temple. But I am aware that some people think I am some kind of Machiavelli, so everything I suggest HAS to be for some nefarious end to benefit Busty Spiderbabes... LOL)

I only have this to say about convention temples: Despite all the advantages you list, Lizbeth, I find actually being *in* a convention during a temple to be among the most mind-numbingly horrible game experiences I willingly endure. Not only am I spending a lot of time doing things I don't want to do, but I am aware that:

• the time is being spent in a horribly inefficient manner (buying energy is more efficient than convention rewards on nutaku, using real energy is more useful than running convention shows, using diamonds on shows is the worst return on diamonds in the game)
  • because I don't have a diamond hack in my back pocket, and because I play on a budget, I have no chance to actually *compete*. It's even worse for free players.
  • I have to tediously click every few minutes for 2 fricking hours at a time, for sometimes 6 fricking hours a day
  • Regular conventions will be stupidly impossible for weeks after the temple

I'm all for the developers making money. And if they are going to soak the rich, best they do it in a very inefficient manner, which at least keeps the game balanced a bit. That I see very clearly... But it SUCKS to play the convention game, and it doesn't have to be that horrible.

So, I like to think I am living a third alternative, Liz.  I am sending the lemonade back to the kitchen, until they get enough sugar in it. I am willing to live with the fact that the developers need the money train, but I won't stop holding the developers accountable for the game experience they provide (or in this case, impose upon the innocent.) :)

In love with my Baby.

#14 Jenny37

Jenny37

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationCzech republic
  • Studio:Angels

Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:48 PM

Although I have on you, "CaptC" contradictory opinion (you removed my last 3 posts from the forum, without giving an acceptable reason)
I have to praise you for the very good suggestions you sent yesterday
Good work
              Thank you, Jenny

#15 Abby8

Abby8

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 11:48 AM

How are the start times for the conventions determined? The first one started sometime after the 3 am reset, and the next three are scheduled while I am at work. It is rather frustrating.

#16 hot16

hot16

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 04:47 PM

convention times are based on looking at my schedule, deciding on the most inconvenient times for work or sleep and then implemented preferably over a 2 hour period. 

• CaptC likes this

#17 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 12:20 PM

convention times are based on looking at my schedule, deciding on the most inconvenient times for work or sleep and then implemented preferably over a 2 hour period. 

So young to be so cynical.  LOL

In love with my Baby.

#18 sparky1

sparky1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • Character:sparky1
  • Studio:The Luck Factoryxxx

Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:37 PM

It wouldn't be so bad having  the conventions ending after the final show(glass full) but instead it carries on for the full time stated at the start which can be sometimes for another hour when the spenders are on.

sparky1

#19 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:42 PM

I believe in Hero Zero, the analog to conventions is a raid on a villains headquarters. When the villain is defeated, the raid ends. (I probably have all the terms wrong, because I don't play that game. No boobies.  LOL)

But a real life convention DOES just always go the full time, so I understand why they made that game choice here. But I added the following to the convention suggestions:

• End the convention when it becomes successful. This suggestion is probably easy to implement, and has two potential advantages over present practice. First, the very much hated 2 hour conventions might end earlier. Second, it adds a bit of tension, since it becomes riskier to hang back until the end and swoop in with a lot diamond buys. If your timing is off, the convention might end before you complete purchasing enough shows to get into the top 10. This will encourage earlier diamond buying, and thus to shorter convention times, hopefully with similar revenue levels. 

(As an aside Sparky, I find it kind of amusing that you complain even mildly about spenders, given your studio on Nutaku. Isn't "more time to spend" a good thing for you guys? No offense meant at all, just a bit surprised. LOL)

• mountbara likes this
In love with my Baby.

#20 mountbara

mountbara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  • Character:Mountbara
  • Studio:Angels on US2 Busty Spiderbabes on NU French Touch on UK2

Posted 13 July 2018 - 02:19 PM

And yet, another 2 hour convention. Gee, I have nothing else to do with my time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users