Photo

A Trophy Lock

trophy trophies studio fights studio trophies studio trophy studio fight trophy lock trophy insurance

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Ferrule

Ferrule

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 11:45 PM

I'd like to suggest that a consumable Trophy Lock be available for studios to purchase with Diamonds that would serve as insurance against trophy loss 1 time per purchase. It might be nice if it could be purchased before winning a trophy, in the event that a trophy is one in a studio challenge - to prevent from immediately losing it in a defensive fight.

The number of Trophy Locks could be limited to the number in effect/purchased at any given time, so a studio could pick which trophy or trophies they want to protect from loss. If multiple locks are made available - maybe the cost could scale with the number of locks owned/in effect so it gets more expensive to protect more trophies. If no trophy already in possession is protected, but a studio has purchased a 'Trophy Lock' it would be auto-applied to the next trophy won in a studio fight.

If a studio loses a fight which would normally result in the studio losing a 'protected' trophy, the trophy lock would be consumed instead, and the trophy ownership would be retained. The studio would need to re-purchase and re-apply another Trophy Lock before the next at-risk event if they want the loss protection to be in effect once again.

#2 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationHouston near my Baby
  • World:NU1
  • Character:CaptC
  • Studio:Member emeritus of Busty Spiderbabes

Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:26 AM

If multiple locks can be bought, movie trophies will never move. The very point of movie trophies is to be very high penalty, for a very high gain, so I think these features will clash.

I understand where you are coming from, and I will report the suggestion up the chain.

...But I encourage you to think beyond just holding trophies statically. When we obtain a trophy, and I know we can't defend it, I ask two questions:

1) Can we give this to someone who doesn't want it, before it gets taken away from us? Or if we have an ally, can we give it to someone who does want it? (As a bonus: someone attacking you afterwards is going to expect you to have that trophy, but you don't have that trophy penalty anymore at fight time -- surprise!)

2) Why don't we reserve our attack until after we are attacked, determine who is going to take the trophy from us, and then when we have reduced our penalty, take another one? (Trophies don't have to be held to obtain full value from them.  With smart fight management you can usually just replace them, often times with minimal or no downtime.)

I have retired from the game, but not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#3 Kitekat

Kitekat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • LocationNutaku
  • Character:Kitekat
  • Studio:Oxygen

Posted 04 July 2018 - 09:10 AM

what a crazy idea please dont think about it

consequence would be you never get any trophy from a diamond studio

is already hard enough now

#4 Ferrule

Ferrule

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 11:05 PM

I knew the issue of diamond buyers would come up somehow - lol.

My thinking was actually along the lines of assisting lower to mid-ranked studios retain a trophy long enough to get at least one days' use out of it rather than losing it when a defensive fight immediately follows their successful challenge/trophy win. I think the idea would also slow the inevitable rise of trophies through the ranks. I was stuck on how to get past the whole issue of diamond buying studios from locking down a trophy permanently, but thought I'd post the ideas I had so far and see what kind of feedback was generated.

Perhaps limiting the purchase to a single lock at any given time, that would auto-apply to the next trophy won - but... it would also be consumed after the next challenge - win or lose; it would be a one-shot consumable, and it would only protect any given trophy through a single fight and would not be available again until that trophy actually changes ownership because of the auto-apply feature coded into it.

ok - that's all I got ;)

Thanks for taking the time to consider the idea and posting the feedback!

-Well, I did think of one more thing - why not get straight to the point and code it as a time lock, so a studio can choose to buy a lock to protect a trophy for 24 hours - then it expires. I've seen this in other games, where trophies are untouchable by default for a day. This would just make that option available in BBE via diamond expenditure.

Edited by Ferrule, 04 July 2018 - 11:19 PM.

• Kitekat likes this

#5 mountbara

mountbara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • World:US2
  • Character:Mountbara
  • Studio:Angels on US2 Busty Spiderbabes on NU French Touch on UK2

Posted 05 July 2018 - 12:35 AM

This might be feasible, a day lock, effective upon receiving. Purchase would still be with diamonds so it would not be a major help, as the cost for dropping one is 399 if I remember right, so i can't see a one day lock being any less costly.

My thinking was actually along the lines of assisting lower to mid-ranked studios retain a trophy long enough to get at least one days' use out of it rather than losing it when a defensive fight immediately follows their successful challenge/trophy win. 

#6 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationHouston near my Baby
  • Character:CaptC
  • Studio:Member emeritus of Busty Spiderbabes

Posted 05 July 2018 - 01:21 PM

If the only thing you are complaining about is the "i got it!/i lost it!" phenomenon, then you don't have time to apply a lock anyway. And I sure as hell would be angry if my trophy lock was automatically spent protecting a courage trophy, when we were hoping for a movie trophy.

I would personally be in favor of merely changing the rules of trophy ownership. I would propose that the first N trophies held by a studio during the day give their benefit until reset, even if the trophy was only owned for 15 seconds between fights. N is the number of trophy slots owned by the studio.

That would also fix the problem of rushing through your movies when you anticipate losing a movie trophy later in the day.

Yes, studios without full trophy loads are then encouraged to gain/lose their trophies daily, in an attempt to gain the advantages of one extra trophy. (Lose one but retain it's advantage, gain another to get a little extra pop.) I see no problem with encouraging studios to fight each other, with trophies at risk. Also, it gives less powerful studios a chance to catch up a little, if they are smart enough to see the trick, and willing to do the work to cycle their trophies.

• mountbara, Kitekat and hot16 like this
I have retired from the game, but not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#7 mountbara

mountbara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • Character:Mountbara
  • Studio:Angels on US2 Busty Spiderbabes on NU French Touch on UK2

Posted 05 July 2018 - 02:43 PM

It would surely encourage more studio fights at lower levels as well

If the only thing you are complaining about is the "i got it!/i lost it!" phenomenon, then you don't have time to apply a lock anyway. And I sure as hell would be angry if my trophy lock was automatically spent protecting a courage trophy, when we were hoping for a movie trophy.

I would personally be in favor of merely changing the rules of trophy ownership. I would propose that the first N trophies held by a studio during the day give their benefit until reset, even if the trophy was only owned for 15 seconds between fights. N is the number of trophy slots owned by the studio.

That would also fix the problem of rushing through your movies when you anticipate losing a movie trophy later in the day.

Yes, studios without full trophy loads are then encouraged to gain/lose their trophies daily, in an attempt to gain the advantages of one extra trophy. (Lose one but retain it's advantage, gain another to get a little extra pop.) I see no problem with encouraging studios to fight each other, with trophies at risk. Also, it gives less powerful studios a chance to catch up a little, if they are smart enough to see the trick, and willing to do the work to cycle their trophies.

#8 hot16

hot16

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Character:hot16
  • Studio:FUN BLONDE GOOD TIMES

Posted 05 July 2018 - 03:06 PM

I like the way the energy trophy is setup so it seems possible to do the same for the courage and movie trophies.  You win it that day, you get the benefit of it until the server resets regardless of whether you keep it or lose it during the course of the day....

• Kitekat likes this

#9 Kitekat

Kitekat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • LocationNutaku
  • Character:Kitekat
  • Studio:Oxygen

Posted 05 July 2018 - 03:16 PM

im with you

this would be good

without any diamonds cheating :)

any trophy should work the day you have it

even if this means several studios can have the bonus from the same trophy :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: trophy, trophies, studio fights, studio trophies, studio trophy, studio fight, trophy lock, trophy insurance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users