Photo

Is -6% Missile protection better than +5 Charisma?

refinement refinements skills upgrades missle missles upgrade protction missile protection

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 20886432

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationGreen Bay, Wisconsin.
  • World:US2
  • Character:Nekophiliac
  • Studio:Templers

Posted 08 August 2017 - 02:05 PM

I have a legs item awaiting this choice in refinements... I think the 6%chance to reduce missile damage by 75% is an improvement to the 5% boost to charisma am I right or not?

#2 mimesis

mimesis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Character:mimesis on NU1
  • Studio:Daily Climax Studios on NU1

Posted 08 August 2017 - 02:57 PM

Omg...are you again in one of those extremely frustrating situations?
Personally I would keep the charisma booster.
I go for a profile with hIgher levels of charisma and finesse. 5% can be a good increase based on your basic skills. You can calculate how many skill point it is.
You take the damage of your missiles. How much is it 75% of it? Maybe it is just a tickle. And you have 6% of chance to avoid it?
Omg, give me more!!
My pussy definitely tells me to stay with the skill booster!
Can you believe this is the first time I did all this reasoning? Normally I decide by instinct and I always take the good decision!
Trust my pussy!!!!

Edited by mimesis, 08 August 2017 - 02:59 PM.

• CaptC likes this

9v8aUAs.png

#3 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationHouston near my Baby
  • World:NU1
  • Character:CaptC
  • Studio:Member emeritus of Busty Spiderbabes

Posted 08 August 2017 - 03:40 PM

Which one is better varies a little by circumstance, but it also depends upon the how many skills extra you get for the items themselves, and what your charisma basics are... There basically isn't enough information to give a conclusive answer.

If, for example, you have +100 skills on the damage reduction, and the charisma bonus only gets you an additional 75 skills, well - take more skills PLUS a combat refinement.

But in general, Mim's pussy is giving you good advice.

I do not think much of a refinement that has a low chance of triggering, and when it does, it only affects missile damage. The best thing about that refinement is that it can trigger multiple times... but it doesn't really do all that much each time it triggers, and it is quite rare that it will trigger more than once in a single fight.  Missiles can be significant, but they are eventually outweighed by your opponent's innate damage. Thus the higher your level, the less effective that combat refinement is at reducing damage.

(Much better to get combat refinements that eliminate an opponent's entire hit, like a stun or a dodge.)

I have retired from the game, but not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#4 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Character:TaraBing (UK2)

Posted 08 August 2017 - 04:50 PM

I agree with Mim's pussy as well... it has good instinct.

Without knowing all the details, I would lean towards 5%+ Basic Skills on Charisma (sure thing), over the slimmer chance at 6% that you get to reduce damage of JUST THE MISSILE damage by 75%. If you don't even have 16 back and forth exchanges (32 total counting you and your opponent), there is a likelihood that refinement doesn't even fire off.

Also, if the opponent has removed their missiles from battle, this refinement is "already working" at 100%.  It's a waste of a refinement if you ask me and one I seldom use, unless I have to. (meaning, I didn't get anything better). ... Smug.png

-TB Flower.png

• CaptC likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: refinement, refinements, skills, upgrades, missle, missles, upgrade, protction, missile protection

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users