Photo

Should I replace my current chest item with the new one I found?

Refinement Refinements Question Equipment

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 20886432

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationGreen Bay, Wisconsin.
  • World:US2
  • Character:Nekophiliac
  • Studio:Templers

Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:05 PM

Guys want to know if I should replace my current chest item that is a that has an epic refinement that adds 10% stamina with a chest item that has a 5% chance to reduce damage from an opponent by 25% and it has +78str +103stam +297Char but -373finesse.

#2 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationHouston near my Baby
  • World:NU1
  • Character:CaptC
  • Studio:Member emeritus of Busty Spiderbabes

Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:41 PM

What is your basic skill level in Stamina? Skills comparison is a straightforward calculation when we know that.

Is 10% of your basic stamina greater than 78+103+297-373 = 105?

If the new piece has more stats then it's a no brainer, take the new piece and get a combat refine for free.

If the new piece has fewer overall stats, you have to decide how many points the combat refine is worth to you, and that depends upon your level and how hard dueling is for you.

Additional points:

- Note that I flat out don't care WHERE the added skills are. No skill is bad, take the most you can get and use the washing machine to massage your skills curve.

- Whichever way you go, I also recommend you keep looking for the glitter powder refinement. The leather patch is not my favorite refine, it's meh at best. The glitter powder is a skills refine on steroids, and most people consider it the best chest piece refinement.

=Cap

• 20886432 likes this
I have retired from the game, but not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#3 20886432

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationGreen Bay, Wisconsin.
  • World:US2
  • Character:Nekophiliac
  • Studio:Templers

Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:42 PM

What is your basic skill level in Stamina? Skills comparison is a straightforward calculation when we know that.

Is 10% of your basic stamina greater than 78+103+297-373 = 105?

If the new piece has more stats then it's a no brainer, take the new piece and get a combat refine for free.

If the new piece has fewer overall stats, you have to decide how many points the combat refine is worth to you, and that depends upon your level and how hard dueling is for you.

Additional points:

- Note that I flat out don't care WHERE the added skills are. No skill is bad, take the most you can get and use the washing machine to massage your skills curve.

- Whichever way you go, I also recommend you keep looking for the glitter powder refinement. The leather patch is not my favorite refine, it's meh at best. The glitter powder is a skills refine on steroids, and most people consider it the best chest piece refinement.

=Cap

My basic skills are 411 strength, 707 stamina, 710 charisma, and 813 finesse.

#4 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationHouston near my Baby
  • World:NU1
  • Character:CaptC
  • Studio:Member emeritus of Busty Spiderbabes

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:26 PM

A 10% stamina then is +71.  The piece with the combat refinement was +105.  Pretty clear, take a combat refinement AND more skills.

If you don't like what the new piece does to your skills curve, we can talk about that separately.  But the new piece is clearly superior.

Edited by CaptC, 06 July 2017 - 05:27 PM.

• 20886432 likes this
I have retired from the game, but not from life.
In love with my Baby.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Refinement, Refinements, Question, Equipment

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users