• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • World:US2
  • Character:Sparky
  • Studio:Studio 69

Posted 08 May 2019 - 08:35 PM

First of all, yes, I realise that's a horribly clunky title

The point I wish to make is that having to take part in a number of passing conventions is very much a matter of being lucky enough to be able to play when the cons with low requirements are on. In the last two events I've participated in more failed cons than passing ones

So I'd like to suggest that instead of having to take part in X number on passing cons, you have to do X number of shows, regardless of whether it passes or not. It would then be entirely down to the individual player's effort, instead of having to rely on enough other players doing the same con. I would suggest about 30 to 40 shows per day of the event. This would put it easily within reach of anyone spending diamonds to finish cons, but still do-able by those who are willing to put in the time without spending diamonds

Edited by Sparky100, 08 May 2019 - 08:40 PM.

• Kitekat likes this

#2 mountbara

mountbara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  • World:US2
  • Character:Mountbara
  • Studio:Angels on US2 Busty Spiderbabes on NU French Touch on UK2

Posted 08 May 2019 - 08:42 PM

Instead of number of shows, why not just participation in a convention. 30 or 40 a day is 150 to 200 total shows. I can tell you on my diamond free servers, and this week I did all conventions when I was awake, I got 210 shows on one, and 122 shows on the other. So on one I would not have made even the minimum you suggested, and on the other barely made the maximum. To be more fair, 10 per day could be used. That way you are getting actual participation, and 50 total is reasonable. Just my opinion though.

Simple participation should be enough, they had a bunch of conventions this time around, participating in 5 would not have been undue stress on anyone in any time zone. Because of the many people boycotting, on many servers, almost every convention failed.

First of all, yes, I realise that's a horribly clunky title

The point I wish to make is that having to take part in a number of passing conventions is very much a matter of being lucky enough to be able to play when the cons with low requirements are on. In the last two events I've participated in more failed cons than passing ones

So I'd like to suggest that instead of having to take part in X number on passing cons, you have to do X number of shows, regardless of whether it passes or not. It would then be entirely down to the individual player's effort, instead of having to rely on enough other players doing the same con. I would suggest about 30 to 40 shows per day of the event. This would put it easily within reach of anyone spending diamonds to finish cons. but still do-able by those who don't use diamonds, but are willing to put in the time

• Kitekat likes this

#3 RosyCheekz

RosyCheekz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA
  • World:NU1
  • Character:RosyCheekz, MaryXXXmas
  • Studio:US5 (was on NU1)

Posted 08 May 2019 - 09:50 PM

Nobody seems to remember that the very first time they had the "participate in X conventions" that's all you had to do: participate. You got credit even if the convention failed. Guess they weren't getting enough diamond sales. 

With the number of unreachable conventions they keep throwing at us it'd at least make that mission achievable for most players. An even better solution: DROP CONVENTIONS OUT OF THE EVENTS ENTIRELY!!!!! 

• mountbara, sparky1 and Amethyst1 like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Collection, Events, Conventions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users