30 replies to this topic

#21 Lizbeth

Lizbeth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 04:46 AM

Well, we do get upcoming temples ahead. But, the team for BBE has tried to change the minds, Therefor my announcement was hidden. We have tried to change the minds, but the devs were adamant, due to the event that has started, the sci-fi event. 

This is one of those deals with development and roll out cycles. They can't post pone this event because star wars day is May 4th (ie may the 4th be with you) and they clearly planned well in advance for this event to coincide with this date. Trying to change the code to remove the 5 convention requirement, or the star wars themed conventions at all, is impossible at such a late hour. So I get it. I understand why the devs were adamant.

However, they desperately need to cool their jets on the convention temples for awhile after this, it's been enough. It's been too much, far too much. They're alienating more and more of the most hard core player base.

#22 Jenny37

Jenny37

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationCzech republic
  • World:US2
  • Studio:Angels

Posted 04 May 2019 - 11:12 AM

I use the same strategy as Tabithia, I'm second, on our server.
Unlike player number one, not spent diamonds
I wake up early in the morning at convention instead of sleep
I'm probably an idiot and a fool
three of the four sci-fi events failed
I think the main developer of this game is a lady or a gentleman? Merkel (not known by appearance)
the developers' strategy, This would correspond

thank you can hand out penalty points or exclude

• Kitekat likes this

#23 Tabithia

Tabithia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • World:NU1
  • Character:Tabithia
  • Studio:Sin Goddesses

Posted 05 May 2019 - 06:48 PM

Of all the recent conventions, I liked the sci-fi one most.  And I read all the stories for every one of them.  However it being the most recent of the group, I am a little burnt out on them.  My issue is not the convention mechanic itself, but the fact that so many of them happened so close together.

Add the fact that there still is what I assume is a bug in the generation algorithm that creats impossible goals (the current one on NU1 is 12,040,00 in 120min), we are tired of them.  As I have said before here, in forum, and in a support ticket, too many zeros implies a bug.  But the fact that we have complained about it for soooooooooooooooooo long, (there is a forum topic about it started in 2016 by CaptC about scaling) lack of correction implies indifference or intent.

Edited by Tabithia, 05 May 2019 - 06:58 PM.

• wuffy and Kitekat like this

4kjbEmU.pngSig by QuTiPy

#24 Lizbeth

Lizbeth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 07:27 PM

Of the 4 conventions that have actually passed for this sci-fi event, I missed two due to sleep. As humans, although it is apparently a failing, sometimes we need that. It's looking like I will have to capitulate to the BS, and use diamonds to finish this event, but having had FOUR convention temples now in the past EIGHT weeks, I can't pretend I am not angry and disappointed.

Dear Playata,

I don't hate you. I don't know you well enough personally for that emotion, if I'm being completely serious. I do resent you right now though, and that isn't a feeling you should be fostering in any of your players.

• Kitekat and Amethyst1 like this

#25 Lizbeth

Lizbeth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 11:27 PM

I apologize for my tone, and I can't edit my post above, but I am frustrated. I understand that it was far too late in the development cycle to cancel this convention temple, since it was kind of tied in with another event. These things are programmed and planned in advance. I understand. We understand. I said this a few days ago.

However, you could have met us half way, and reduced the requirement threshold for these conventions to succeed, to give us players a little break. That would have been a fair compromise.

Beyond that, if the aim of free to play or "freemium" games is to make money, you are not being very smart about it when it comes to conventions.

You ever watch an auction? If the estimated book value of a collectible is $50,000, they don't start the bidding at $50,000. Unless it's exceptionally rare and demand vastly outstrips supply, no one will bid. People around the world, want to try to get a deal, or at least feel like they. Why do you think everything in stores is priced at 95c or $7.95 instead of just rounding up. It's psychological. They'll start the bidding at a lower amount, with the goal of getting several buyers hooked and into a bidding war. At which point each person is thinking "Ok, I'll go $43,000" and the next is thinking "Ok, I'll go 44,000" and so on. The final auction price of that item may well *exceed* $50,000, but that's only because you got several people on the line, who were only thinking of each increase in their bid amount as a small, incremental change.

I have someone in my family, and they used to use their debit card at almost every place they shopped. This is a bad idea, and if you don't believe me, Frank Abagnale (around whom the film Catch me if you can was loosely based) has multiple videos talking about them. He's been a consultant with the FBI in the fields of forgery and identity theft for 50 years. You see, debit cards, even if they have a Visa or Mastercard logo, are not credit cards. They don't have the same buyer protection and indemnity as a proper credit card. The money for debit cards comes from your checking account, and if they get compromised, lost, or stolen, that money comes from YOU, and you will have a very hard time getting it back. Whereas your credit card often has zero or $50 liability, tops. So if someone 1000 miles away uses your credit card to buy four brand new truck tires, you call up your credit card company, report it as fraudulent, and the bank reverses the charge, cancels your card, and issues you a new card number. From there, THEY contact the authorities and report the theft, cause it was THEIR money that got stolen, not yours.

So why did they do this? Well, because psychologically, they had an easier time processing lots of small payments that got charged to their debit card, and immediately paid from their checking account, without having to make a manual payment. Otherwise, if all those micro charges were made on a credit card, which they had to pay in a lump sum every other week, it seemed like more. Whether you charge $311.87 in the form of 9 small charges to a debit card (which again comes from your checking account) or you make a lump payment of $311.87 from your checking account to your credit card, it's the same amount of money from the same source. Yet, to them, one had the *perception* of being less. Once again, this is why you see things sold on tv as "5 easy payments of just $19.95" instead of being sold as one large charge of $99.95. Same thing, but advertising smaller payments invites consumers to see it as less. They started changing this behavior with their debit card, but you understand my point?

If you LOWERED the threshold for these conventions, and more players looked at them and said "This can pass, I'm in on this".. you hook more fish. You get more people on the line, and perhaps some of them get caught up in the moment, wanting a top 10 finish for a possible collection item, and spend some diamonds. Player's minds look at these smaller amounts here and there, and they process it differently.

BUT when you make the requirements for the conventions so high from the start, most players take one look at it, decide it's never going to pass, and walk away. They give up, and those people are NOT going to spend a dime. Even the spenders will look at a temple and if they think "This is doomed to fail", they will walk away too. That's lost revenue!

So if the point is to make money, my mathematically inclined, half german, perfectionist mind looks at this and goes "Ok, but you could be doing this better". That's not how I originally was going to phrase it, but I'm trying to be less negative in my tone.

Edited by Lizbeth, 06 May 2019 - 11:28 PM.

• RosyCheekz, mountbara, wuffy and 1 other like this

#26 Sexily

Sexily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Character:SexyLee

Posted 07 May 2019 - 05:54 AM

I would like to ask, as the sci-fi event was planned and known about in advance, was it possible to re-roll the convention temples before the event? That way you could leave some breathing room between them.

#27 mountbara

mountbara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  • World:US2
  • Character:Mountbara
  • Studio:Angels on US2 Busty Spiderbabes on NU French Touch on UK2

Posted 07 May 2019 - 01:20 PM

How dare you try to say things that make sense!! :D

If you LOWERED the threshold for these conventions, and more players looked at them and said "This can pass, I'm in on this".. you hook more fish. You get more people on the line, and perhaps some of them get caught up in the moment, wanting a top 10 finish for a possible collection item, and spend some diamonds. Player's minds look at these smaller amounts here and there, and they process it differently.

BUT when you make the requirements for the conventions so high from the start, most players take one look at it, decide it's never going to pass, and walk away. They give up, and those people are NOT going to spend a dime. Even the spenders will look at a temple and if they think "This is doomed to fail", they will walk away too. That's lost revenue!

#28 Tabithia

Tabithia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 May 2019 - 01:35 PM

It's looking like I will have to capitulate to the BS, and use diamonds to finish this event, 

Or maybe, the math suggests the higher amount spent is not to finish shows to get ranking in successful ones, but from people wanting to complete the event for the reward and buying the quick finish option because they couldn't get enough completed.

Is that too cynical and conspiracy-ish?

4kjbEmU.pngSig by QuTiPy

#29 Tabithia

Tabithia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 May 2019 - 03:07 AM

I'm not sure the numbers were totally unreachable for the sci-fi convention.  Most seemed to have goals we've reached or exceeded before.  I noticed that most of the winning cons on NU1 were in the morning server time (7-10am) with a few mid afternoon (2-4pm).

Lack of participation is the reason I think most failed.  I placed first in a failed con with less than 40 shows.  The last one I participated in that won I was leading with 28 shows with 40min left (of 90).  I dropped quickly once it was clear it would succeed and finished 9th with the winner at only 120 shows.  I finished around 38-41 shows.

I personally have 6 winning cons.  I did set an alarm, woke up long enough to do one show, and fell back asleep for 2 of them.

4kjbEmU.pngSig by QuTiPy

#30 hannahhandy

hannahhandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Character:HannahHandy
  • Studio:FUN BLONDE GOOD TIMES

Posted 23 May 2019 - 04:04 AM

I certainly had convention fatigue too, but I really enjoyed the sci-fi event. I love the genre and it was a really cute way to celebrate Star Wars Day.

What I have really enjoyed since is seeing all the fabulous Leias, Lukes, and Chewies showing up on movie covers over the past couple of weeks. Good work all!

My personal favs have been "Princess Lay-ya: A Star Whores Story" (by a very sinful goddess  ;)) and "Nookie for a Wookie" (by one those sexy sexy pink cats).

If the event comes back next year, I suggest adding Princess Leia's golden bikini to the collection (I don't think this needs further explanation).

• Tabithia likes this

#31 Tabithia

Tabithia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 May 2019 - 07:35 PM

I certainly had convention fatigue too, but I really enjoyed the sci-fi event. I love the genre and it was a really cute way to celebrate Star Wars Day.

What I have really enjoyed since is seeing all the fabulous Leias, Lukes, and Chewies showing up on movie covers over the past couple of weeks. Good work all!

My personal favs have been "Princess Lay-ya: A Star Whores Story" (by a very sinful goddess  ;)) and "Nookie for a Wookie" (by one those sexy sexy pink cats).

If the event comes back next year, I suggest adding Princess Leia's golden bikini to the collection (I don't think this needs further explanation).

So did a lot love other people.  The Sin Goddesses' studio production placed 3rd with 133 votes.  The star's personal best and tied for studio's best!

• CaptC and hannahhandy like this

4kjbEmU.pngSig by QuTiPy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users