• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationHouston near my Baby
  • World:NU1
  • Character:CaptC
  • Studio:Member emeritus of Busty Spiderbabes

Posted 01 November 2018 - 08:48 PM

To report a bug, go to the crossed wrenches under the activity bar.

MsKYTrq.png

Select the Support option from the list.

qrSpyUq.png

If this procedure fails to bring you to the support page, for any reason, you can use any browser to open the support page directly at http://support.bigbangempire.com/

lbUOf4B.png

Set your language to determine which servers you can report against. The International Server is found under "United States".

Click on the button to open a new ticket.

6uoIdCG.png

For best results, use the drop-down and your user name to identify yourself, but also include that identifying information in the first line of your text describing the problem. No matter what view the assigned support agent looks at, they will be able to see who you are.

Note that you will be asked for your server ID. If you do not know what it is, it is in the heading of the options box you used to get to the support page.

OfM0mOV.png

Describe your issue thoroughly, answer the captcha, and then send off the report. You will be contacted via email if necessary to resolve the issue, and will also receive a notification when the status of the ticket changes.

Please note that if you are reporting a bug, a thorough description of how you got to a particular point in the game is very helpful. Screenshots of the actual bug are also greatly desired. The more specific you are, the easier it will be for support to understand your problem and respond to it. Remember, your support person may not have English as their primary language, and they may or may not play on the server you are referencing.

Two examples to illustrate this point (inspired by actual examples from tickets I have posted):

"The TV Box on Nutaku does not work" For anyone who played on Nutaku, this description was really all that needed to be said. But the TV box worked on all other servers, and the support person did not play on Nutaku. I was asked to provide additional details.

"Open up nu1.bigbangempire.com. Start a mission. Click on the TV box on the right side of the screen. Note that nothing happens, except that the hover text of the TV box says it will be active again in 1 hour. Wait 60 seconds, and hover over the TV box. It will show that the TV box will be active again in 59 minutes. Click on the TV box on the right side of the screen again. Note that still nothing happens, except that the hover text resets to 'active again in 1 hour.' This behavior began on the update from October 9th."  This level of detail was perhaps excessive, but it clearly defines the problem, how to reproduce it, when the bug started, and all the known symptoms.

But even if you cannot supply detailed information, please report whatever you know!

Support and development are proud of the game, and we all want to find and fix bugs! We will happily work with you to get a clear understanding of the problem and forward the details to development. Please be patient with us while we work through the process. 

Edited by CaptC, 15 April 2019 - 05:54 PM.
added screenshot and method for determining server name

I have retired from the game, but not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#2 hot16

hot16

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • World:US2
  • Character:hot16
  • Studio:FUN BLONDE GOOD TIMES

Posted 01 November 2018 - 11:39 PM

Call pest control?   :unsure:

• CaptC likes this

#3 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 03:37 AM

There are a lot of little graphical bugs going on right now, we are getting a fair number of tickets. But the default language on the International server is not American English, it is UK english, so we get a fair number of tickets coming in where the player is misidentified. 

Unfortunately, that means we have to spend time ensuring that we get the right account, which just slows down the whole process. This is a post intended to help reduce the number of such tickets, making life better for everyone.

In love with my Baby.

#4 Kitekat

Kitekat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • LocationNutaku
  • Character:Kitekat
  • Studio:Oxygen

Posted 02 November 2018 - 05:14 PM

kicher

first cry everybody should write a ticket and then cry because too many tickets

• CaptC likes this

#5 Nera

Nera

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationMilan, Italy
  • World:INT1
  • Character:Nera

Posted 02 November 2018 - 05:23 PM

kicher

first cry everybody should write a ticket and then cry because too many tickets

He's just saying to open ticket in the right way.

There are a lot of little graphical bugs going on right now, we are getting a fair number of tickets. But the default language on the International server is not American English, it is UK english, so we get a fair number of tickets coming in where the player is misidentified. 

It seems to me it is the opposite:

to find the INT1 you have to select UNITED STATES.

Default is on ENGLISH, but with it you can select UK1 and UK2 only (which confused me in the beginning).

Selecting UNITED STATES you can open a ticket for INT1.

Schermata-2018-11-02-alle-18-21-44.png

Schermata-2018-11-02-alle-18-22-01.png

• CaptC and Tripod like this

#6 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 06:40 PM

I am sorry I confused you Kitekat.  I was not complaining about the number of tickets. I *am* complaining that there is an extra step involved for many int1 players, because the default language does not include the int1 server.

I am trying to get the language default fixed. Until that happens, I am trying to smooth out the process.

Believe me, it frustrates me to have to ask a player who they are, when I pretty much know they have the wrong server on a ticket. But for security reasons, I *have* to ask the player to identify themselves, rather than assume incorrectly and get the wrong account. I just want to try to skip that step as much as possible.

In love with my Baby.

#7 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 06:45 PM

It seems to me it is the opposite:

to find the INT1 you have to select UNITED STATES.

Default is on ENGLISH, but with it you can select UK1 and UK2 only (which confused me in the beginning).

Selecting UNITED STATES you can open a ticket for INT1.

That is correct, Nera. I was making a distinction between "UK English" and "US English (American)" but that is fairly confusing. I updated the words, hopefully to be more understandable.

In love with my Baby.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users