Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  • World:US2
  • Character:Mountbara
  • Studio:Angels on US2 Busty Spiderbabes on NU French Touch on UK2

Posted 09 April 2018 - 10:16 PM

Good luck. Keep me informed when you have your first members over 150 ratio. I will tell you that at some point, your gear will hinder your ability to beat those above you, unless your ratio is insanely high. I do wish you the best of luck on this endeavor :)

#2 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationHouston near my Baby
  • World:NU1
  • Character:CaptC
  • Studio:Member emeritus of Busty Spiderbabes

Posted 09 April 2018 - 11:32 PM

Interesting experiment. I don't encourage people to deliberately avoid experience, just focus on getting skills first. It will be interesting to see how it goes.

I have retired from the game, but not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#3 Coltan

Coltan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Character:Coltan
  • Studio:Cinemagic

Posted 10 April 2018 - 02:00 PM

Interesting experiment. I don't encourage people to deliberately avoid experience, just focus on getting skills first. It will be interesting to see how it goes.

Interesting that you contradict yourself...  Focusing on basic skills, then using the gear from higher levels to augment is the whole point. Skill Points are forever; gear is not.  It is much easier to gain EXP than Basic Skill Points, and gear is constantly switched out, requiring "washing" and "refining" which are very expensive... but thanks for your "input"

Studio Update:

Studio Level 15/30

Facilities       50/50

Popularity       1/50

Motivation     41/50   <--- as of this post

Edited by Coltan, 10 April 2018 - 02:08 PM.

#4 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 04:29 PM

I was trying to agree with your overall philosophy, Coltan. I am sorry I was unclear, and gave a different impression. Experience first characters ARE weaker than they should be.

I was not expressing disapproval at all. It is true that my experience (pun intended :)) leads me to a slightly different conclusion, but there ain't no guarantees that my conclusions are correct.

To me, that only makes the experiment more interesting. If you eventually show me I am missing a trick, so much the better. :)

Good luck with your studio!

In love with my Baby.

#5 Coltan

Coltan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 April 2018 - 11:43 PM

Thank you for clarifying that CaptC....  unfortunately this "experiment" will take a very long time to show any results, as gaining members is extremely difficult.  New players are few and far between to the server. I expect to be alone in my studio for several months, unless a current player wants to start a new actor and 'join in on the experiment' :-)

Studio Update:

Studio Level 15/30

Facilities       50/50

Popularity       1/50

Motivation     45/50   <--- as of this post

• CaptC likes this

#6 mountbara

mountbara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 12:40 PM

No envy. It takes a massive outlay of diamonds to win the BBA.  The idea is interesting, but not new. I did it myself, and it works great, up to a certain point. You'll realize when that point is. Again, I wish you good luck on this :) Your marketing strategy is well laid out

Envy sucks. :)

Edited by mountbara, 20 May 2018 - 12:42 PM.

#7 Lexxi

Lexxi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationCinemagic

Posted 20 May 2018 - 01:32 PM

I  read your comments regarding the slow leveling and agree :) With the  pop. upgrade of the studio at zero, I favor larger xp missions for more balance, and it works fine for me.

#8 Coltan

Coltan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 May 2018 - 05:29 PM

Cinemagic has never been nor ever will be a "win at any cost" studio.  We have never and will never burn diamonds on the BBA or any other aspect of the game.  If that is your desired tactic and or strategy, look for a place in the obvious studios out there.

Full disclosure: I personally do spend diamonds on refinements and keeping the studio mission booster active.These are part of the Cinemagic strategy and tactics.

Lexxi and I enjoy the game as we play it.  If you are concerned with having fun and enjoying the comradery of those you play along side, we are very pleased to entertain your application to our studio.

Cinemagic is a new studio on a well established server, so we harbor no illusions of grandeur.  We are here for fun and enjoyment alone.  If you seek glory through domination by any and all means available, once again, your choice of studio allegiance is made plain by the tactics and strategies employed by other well established studios, and we wish you well! 

#9 Jenny37

Jenny37

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationCzech republic
  • Studio:Angels

Posted 22 May 2018 - 12:06 PM

your statements are a good policy
I can only just smile
It's your money, enjoy them as you see fit

Lexxi, never, no one, I do not envy anybody, everybody is a struggle for their luck
Make the game to have fun, my opinion is not essential

• hot16 likes this

#10 mountbara

mountbara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 06:11 PM

Curious, what tactics and strategies do you refer to? :)

Cinemagic is a new studio on a well established server, so we harbor no illusions of grandeur.  We are here for fun and enjoyment alone.  If you seek glory through domination by any and all means available, once again, your choice of studio allegiance is made plain by the tactics and strategies employed by other well established studios, and we wish you well! 

#11 Coltan

Coltan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 May 2018 - 01:23 PM

Tactic Number One:  Never divulge internal policies and practices!

Diamond vouchers accepted for further details    :)

#12 mountbara

mountbara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 04:58 PM

It was quote from you, that's why I asked :) 

Tactic Number One:  Never divulge internal policies and practices!

If you seek glory through domination by any and all means available, once again, your choice of studio allegiance is made plain by the tactics and strategies employed by other well established studios, and we wish you well! 

#13 Coltan

Coltan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 May 2018 - 06:27 PM

The most widely employed stategy of other studios, which is the most defining difference with Cinemagic, is that of the fully upgraded Popularity studio attribute.

A tactic employed by many players is to seek out high XP missions and to do all possible conventions, which again, is contrary to our straegies and tactics.

This coming temple challenge (1 point per XP point) will be a major PITA for us, as opposed to the SP temple challenge!  The current "waste your time chasing WORTHLESS ITEMS (plushies / silk scarves)" temple challenge is almost as bad.  As you can see, the game has MANY was of piling the XP onto us, whereas gaining basic SP is a challenge.  Gaining SP via gear is costly, and obviously why Playata pushes players in that direction.  They do their best to make leveling up attractive by giving access to "better" items at higher levels.  Cinemagic's goal is to alleviate the cost of building a strong toon by focusing on basic SP gains as opposed to constantly "upgrading" gear and gadgets...  that is a strategy that differentiates Cinemagic from all other studios.

#14 mountbara

mountbara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 08:33 PM

Again, it's a great idea, if you are not trying to compete. At some point the penalty for not having high enough gear will catch up with you.  Good luck and keep us informed :)

The most widely employed stategy of other studios, which is the most defining difference with Cinemagic, is that of the fully upgraded Popularity studio attribute.

A tactic employed by many players is to seek out high XP missions and to do all possible conventions, which again, is contrary to our straegies and tactics.

This coming temple challenge (1 point per XP point) will be a major PITA for us, as opposed to the SP temple challenge!  The current "waste your time chasing WORTHLESS ITEMS (plushies / silk scarves)" temple challenge is almost as bad.  As you can see, the game has MANY was of piling the XP onto us, whereas gaining basic SP is a challenge.  Gaining SP via gear is costly, and obviously why Playata pushes players in that direction.  They do their best to make leveling up attractive by giving access to "better" items at higher levels.  Cinemagic's goal is to alleviate the cost of building a strong toon by focusing on basic SP gains as opposed to constantly "upgrading" gear and gadgets...  that is a strategy that differentiates Cinemagic from all other studios.

#15 Coltan

Coltan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 May 2018 - 12:24 PM

You keep ignonring the cost, which is a big part of the strategy.  I'll let my ranking speak for itself..... my "peers" are 60 - 90 levels above me.  I reject your reality and substitue my own!  :)

Edited by Coltan, 26 May 2018 - 12:25 PM.

#16 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 01:21 PM

As I have said before, I agree with your general strategy, Coltan.

But I think Mountbara has a point, as well. There is actually nothing BAD about gaining experience. Higher level does provide benefits. 

The problem is one of balance. If ALL a player goes after is experience, they will be woefully weak. If ALL a player goes after is skill points, deliberately avoiding experience, they level very slowly and they ARE giving up on a useful resource.

I have several extreme skill point players in my studios. They don't want to do movies, unless they get skills. One even abandons movies part way through if the skills are on the first or second checkpoints. They skip conventions. They actively go out of their way to avoid experience. Such players are MONSTERS, amazing ratios. They are very useful in studio fights, overwhelming opponents at similar levels with minimal return damage in many cases. In relative terms, I would much rather have them, than fight against them, for that reason.

But in absolute terms, they aren't as strong as someone who finishes their movies, who takes free stuff from conventions, and so forth. You can see that in the personal glory standings. Players with more balanced approaches dominate that board. The racehorses who are all level, and the snails who are all skills, are generally not as strong as players who intelligently use every resource the game provides.

I prefer to take everything the game gives me. But I PRIORITIZE taking notes and skills first. Works for me.

• mountbara likes this
In love with my Baby.

#17 Coltan

Coltan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 May 2018 - 02:13 PM

You're making my point capt.

Balanced.

My contention is that the game forces XP on you in a very lopsided way.

EOD!

#18 mountbara

mountbara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 02:32 PM

Hardly :) I have one of the highest ratios in the game, especially at the level I first got it there. The issue is not what your theory is, the issue is what is your goal.  If the goal is to be #1 in the rankings, going slow on levels won't do it, first off you will never catch me, my ratio is too high and will only continue to get higher as I gain  higher sp equipment as I level. If your idea is to have the strongest studio eventually, you are looking at literally years down the road with the slow leveling and most people want gratification a bit faster. If your only goal is to simply have the highest ratio possible, that can be done (assuming you know all of the correct strategies and do not deviate from them). My current ratio is 177.6. I have 140 million notes to spend, and about 550 points in gear, so I could clear 182. The only people who have a higher ratio are many levels above me, ie: they have better gear. I am not trying to direct you, instruct you or change your mind. Just passing along information gained and I am looking forward to watching your experiment :)

You're making my point capt.

Balanced.

My contention is that the game forces XP on you in a very lopsided way.

EOD!

#19 Shenanigans

Shenanigans

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Studio:Shameless Virgins

Posted 29 May 2018 - 05:23 PM

I find it a bit hypocritical for someone to talk about "cost" when that same someone has obviously spent a small fortune on boosters, refinements, and movie refreshes in order to win the BBA. (BTW are you gonna do that every week or have you got it out of your system? Just like to know now so I can stop wasting time trying to make better covers.) 

Personally I think your studio strategy is perfect for beginning and lower lvl players, because exp is very unbalanced at the lower levels. But as you get to higher levels it starts to balance out slowly but surely. And at even higher levels the balance tips totally in the other direction.

What missions you do are still up to you. Don't like conventions; don't do them. Don't want to hunt pandas; don't. Take missions with high notes and low exp. Shoot all your movies and make sure, if possible, that you get SP for them. 

Experienced players, who have already run into players with your same strategy, (No you are not being original), are telling you why it doesn't and won't work in the long run, and you arrogantly dismiss them. You act as if they are trying to hinder you when in reality they are trying to help you with their knowledge based on their experience. You may not agree with them and that's fine, (I'm all for the slow build myself.), but the dismissive, I'm right you're wrong, attitude can be done away with. It's that attitude that's turned this into a strategy thread as opposed to a recruitment thread. Just say "Thanks, but I'm gonna try it this way and see what happens." and leave it at that. Sheeeesh. 

Edited by CaptC, 29 May 2018 - 05:48 PM.

• mountbara likes this

harley_quinn_by_xenophoria-d65ii26.png

#20 Jenny37

Jenny37

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationCzech republic
  • Studio:Angels

Posted 30 May 2018 - 10:52 AM

I see that one of my posts has been removed.
Apparently unjustified criticism

I think on this subject already, it makes no sense to express

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users