Photo

is there a limit on amount of notes you can hold?

notes

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 mountbara

mountbara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • World:US2
  • Character:Mountbara
  • Studio:Angels on US2 Busty Spiderbabes on NU French Touch on UK2

Posted 14 December 2017 - 01:44 AM

currently at 192 million and wondering if there was a limit. I would hate to reach the limit and lose notes to thin air

#2 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationHouston near my Baby
  • World:NU1
  • Character:CaptC
  • Studio:Member emeritus of Busty Spiderbabes

Posted 14 December 2017 - 02:28 PM

I personally know of one player who had 330M. You have some room.  

I have retired from the game, but not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#3 mountbara

mountbara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 09:48 PM

yes but on the off chance that the "buy sp" temple is not on for a while and we approach the 1 billion plateau, it would be nice to know if we can exceed it.

#4 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:45 PM

if you are worried about it, stop saving at 500M

In love with my Baby.

#5 RosyCheekz

RosyCheekz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA
  • Character:RosyCheekz, MaryXXXmas
  • Studio:US5 (was on NU1)

Posted 15 December 2017 - 06:49 AM

Just judging by the size of the notes display, I'd bet on a limit of 999,999,999 notes. The size of the digits are the same at 5 mil and 16 mil, so it looks like there's only room for 9 digits total. Doesn't mean they don't shrink to fit at larger numbers or the display expands. Though if you've saved up 999,999,999 notes, losing a few hundred notes seems rather trivial. Of course I'll never have to worry. I keep falling asleep during film shoots and have to pay through the nose to finish them. :)

#6 Lizbeth

Lizbeth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 12:58 PM

My concern is that there isn't some deal where it reaches some unknown limit and my little note odometer magically resets to zero, and I lose everything. I have to believe it would at least go to 999,999,999 because the digits exist and it's able to process 0-9 for each field.

That said, they implemented this temple type, which invariable results in the consequence of players "saving", so it would be nice to have a word from a dev to confirm that things are safe up to 999.99 million.

• mountbara likes this

#7 Plurke

Plurke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationBelgium
  • Character:Plur
  • Studio:Studio69

Posted 20 December 2017 - 02:38 PM

At least it still exists from reading this i was beginning too wonder. since beginning i heard about it have been saving up notes. People were talking that they had over 200M+  i thought they where joking but reading this seems it's not. Guess it must be a very rare temple. i do hope we get a notes temple soon though. 

#8 mountbara

mountbara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 10:00 PM

My concern is that there isn't some deal where it reaches some unknown limit and my little note odometer magically resets to zero, and I lose everything. I have to believe it would at least go to 999,999,999 because the digits exist and it's able to process 0-9 for each field.

That said, they implemented this temple type, which invariable results in the consequence of players "saving", so it would be nice to have a word from a dev to confirm that things are safe up to 999.99 million.

this is *exactly* what I mean. I would hate to be sitting on 999.9 million knowing my next mission might reset me, and so i spend a bit to make sure I never go over, only to find out the limit is much higher

#9 mountbara

mountbara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 10:01 PM

At least it still exists from reading this i was beginning too wonder. since beginning i heard about it have been saving up notes. People were talking that they had over 200M+  i thought they where joking but reading this seems it's not. Guess it must be a very rare temple. i do hope we get a notes temple soon though. 

It's not that rare, it's that higher levels can gather a lot of notes fairly fast. It has been less than 2 months if I remember correctly since the last one.

#10 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 01:13 AM

it is all relative.  I have 200M saved but that will probably only buy something like 450 skills.  Maybe not even that many.

In love with my Baby.

#11 Plurke

Plurke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationBelgium
  • Character:Plur
  • Studio:Studio69

Posted 21 December 2017 - 05:28 PM

It's not that rare, it's that higher levels can gather a lot of notes fairly fast. It has been less than 2 months if I remember correctly since the last one.

thx for the reply and info. guess i started playing just after the last notes one then.

Captc that is true except for some new players

it's kinda hard for new players who saved up there notes from beginning and waiting for notes temple too finish there whole notes missions.

i'm only at 40M but SP cost is like 10K still need too finish this whole missionline from 1m too 15M. a friend is even worse who started later which SP cost is like 2.7K and he is over 30M now. still needs the 250K one.

too be honest we didn't expect too get 15M or that it would take that long for next notes one when we started the game. 

#12 mountbara

mountbara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 10:06 PM

thx for the reply and info. guess i started playing just after the last notes one then.

Captc that is true except for some new players

it's kinda hard for new players who saved up there notes from beginning and waiting for notes temple too finish there whole notes missions.

i'm only at 40M but SP cost is like 10K still need too finish this whole missionline from 1m too 15M. a friend is even worse who started later which SP cost is like 2.7K and he is over 30M now. still needs the 250K one.

too be honest we didn't expect too get 15M or that it would take that long for next notes one when we started the game. 

The 15 million spend mission is one I would do with as many of the other spend missions as I could. Waiting for the buy sp temple is a great idea, though it leaves you wanting sp until that time. All depends on your goals in the game and how much patience you have. I would love to spend my now 212 million on sp but that would hurt my studio in the long run, so I wait :)

#13 Lizbeth

Lizbeth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 05:07 PM

519 million and counting.

As for the 15 million spend success, that was always one I implored people not to worry about until they were a much, much higher level, because once you are level 200+, saving 15 million doesn't take very long. So many level 120's would be saving for months to do that 15 million deal, and in the interim their toons would be weaker than they otherwise would have been, which meant they failed fight/skill missions more frequently (lost notes and exp) and lost duels they may not have lost (again, lost notes). Little did I know the would come up with a temple type that makes us all sit on our cash in a magical vault like Scrooge McDuck until we can spend it again.

I think I might stop at around 580 million and start spending some of it, to keep me in the mid 500's, because I can't see risking such a large sum for a temple event that might occur next week, or two months from now. Not knowing what the limit one can save until, is troubling.

#14 mountbara

mountbara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 10:25 PM

Not knowing what the limit one can save until, is troubling.

I agree, it's very troubling and would only take a dev a minute to come in and answer

• Lizbeth likes this

#15 RosyCheekz

RosyCheekz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA
  • Character:RosyCheekz, MaryXXXmas
  • Studio:US5 (was on NU1)

Posted 23 December 2017 - 03:57 AM

Ah, but they have much more important things to do. Like finding new and exciting ways to screw up the BBA. :)

And I've always thought that holding off buying skill points waiting for the appropriate temple is counter-productive. You keep yourself weaker in skill points (which enable you to finish missions successfully, succeed at parties, and help you win duels and studio fights) when you could be getting stronger and helping your studio in all the temples that come up in the meantime. 

Rosy

#16 Lizbeth

Lizbeth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 07:31 AM

Ah, but they have much more important things to do. Like finding new and exciting ways to screw up the BBA. :)

And I've always thought that holding off buying skill points waiting for the appropriate temple is counter-productive. You keep yourself weaker in skill points (which enable you to finish missions successfully, succeed at parties, and help you win duels and studio fights) when you could be getting stronger and helping your studio in all the temples that come up in the meantime. 

Rosy

I am privileged in that I can do it, and it doesn't really affect much.

That said, the players who are able to contribute the most temple points via saving and buying skill points, are the lowest levels. On the one hand, I very much appreciate and like that there is a temple event that favors them. On the other hand, it's stunting the development of players at a time when would normally have the potential to improve the quickest, a facet of the game that (in the past) would have helped hook players and keep them playing. By feeling a sense of obligation to help their studio ando save save save for long protracted periods, holding themselves back in the meantime, I worry that it diminishes development of their character and a sense of fun.

Granted, buying a ton of SP at once is another kind of fun, but delayed gratification isn't for everyone.

#17 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 02:49 PM

...so don't make it mandatory, either way. Let the player do what they want?

"Just hold on loosely
But don't let go
If you cling too tightly
You're gonna lose control"

My studios recommend that new players focus on experience for the first N levels of their career, where N depends upon the player and their current goals. The idea is to get out of the low paying levels as quickly as possible. This way, "stunting your early growth" is not actually a thing. Experience accumulates at the same rate, so your earning power is increasing just as it would normally, whether or not you are saving or buying skills.

We STRONGLY encourage players to save up for the shopping frenzy as soon as they feel like they can stand the accumulation phase. I started at level 80 on my NU1 toon, which was personally too early for me. (Although we kept it interesting by having an internal studio race for the first to frenzy. I lost on the last day, when my Swedish studiomate figured out how to run the game on his phone, so he could do the last few clicks while he was at work and I was still sleeping. Competitive people will compete over anything! LOL)

Taking a cue from that, I started saving for my frenzy at level 100 on my UK1 toon. On the other hand, we have had several players start second toons who never spent a single note on anything until they did their frenzy. YMMV. Whatever blows your skirt up.

But... at some point, with experience based farming, players start feeling really under-powered. They start having difficulty with dueling, fight missions, parties and movies. That's your sign! Switch to notes based farming, and start to put some muscle on. With an early shopping frenzy, all the equipment and diamond rewards give a quick boost while notes based farming starts to incrementally add strength. Early players, not seriously refining yet because they are changing gear so fast, get a quick bump from all the +skill frenzy rewards. (Waiting too long to frenzy means the gear has better stats but you probably don't care, because which refinements you get will determine if you will ever wear it, anyway.)

There is no right or wrong here. But we find this approach gives people early goals, builds them quickly and strongly, and it gets the frenzy rewards early enough that they are actually useful.

But as I say, no right or wrong. We encourage players to have fun first, and if our suggested method doesn't appeal, they are free to do something else.

In love with my Baby.

#18 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 03:11 PM

If you have a strong ratio to begin with, it simply doesn't matter. A few hundred extra skill points here and there just don't matter when you have 40K or 50K+ total skills. I guarantee you I am not hurting at parties or fight missions, and trophy penalties are way more important in studio fights.  It might mean you beat me a few more times at duels, Rosy... but my solution there is easy. If I don't want to take a chance at losing to you, I will just attack farther down the list.

It is equally true that those same few hundred skills won't be decisive for the Temple ...but why NOT try to get as many Temple points for my team as I can?  Plus, studio bosses with pitiful Temple numbers are bad for morale.

Now, if we are talking about players who are still building up, then there is more of a point. Intelligent players will not save notes, at the cost of losing missions. As long as you can still get through parties and movies easily, it is not counterproductive at all. It's not like those skills aren't going to eventually be bought SOMETIME.

In love with my Baby.

#19 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 03:16 PM

I agree, it's very troubling and would only take a dev a minute to come in and answer

We are trying to get a direct answer.

• mountbara likes this
In love with my Baby.

#20 mountbara

mountbara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 09:57 PM

We are trying to get a direct answer.