Photo

[Washing Machine] How does this tool work exactly?

Washing Machine

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Hieronymous

Hieronymous

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • World:US2
  • Character:Saint
  • Studio:Goddess Studio66

Posted 15 October 2016 - 02:41 AM

I've been wondering exactly how does [the Washing Machine] works so I've got tons of questions and hopefully the people here can answer them all.

1. When an item's stats are rerolled by [the Washing Machine]. Is the rerolled item's stats [The number of stats originally] the same or variable based on that item's drop level variance. ie. I put a item with 40 stats in, do I get a item out with 40 stats again? or is it [40 stats in] and the result being a possible range of 35-45 based on the item's dropped level when it was created? [item's dropped level range] is a when item is generated by the game, the amount of stats it can have appears to be tied to your character level with a small spread of usually about +5/-5 variance. 
  2. Are the stat types the item can roll completely random? ie. If I put in pure Stamina item, will it roll into another stat? Will it split points among any of the 4 stats? Will it not be possible for a pure Stamina item to reroll as pure Stamina as an output?
  3. Does the number of split stats on the input item effect the output item at all? ie. If I put an item with 3 split stats, does the output item have a chance to reroll as 1 stat, 2 stats or 3 stats? or are all 4 stats possible?

Mainly all my questions center on what rules does the [Washing Machine] follows when rerolling the item put into it as I've found very little use for the machine currently, but it could be that I don't understand enough about it or I'm leveling too quickly for the machine to be of any use to me currently. That aside, if the washing machine is truly 100% random in its rolling, it also means it is pretty much 95% useless unless you have the most poorly rolled epic item that needs its stats rerolled to stats you'd need more of.

Hypothetical Scenario:

Is it possible to input an item in, and have the result output exactly the same? or is that disallowed by the machine?

The above scenario is unlikely, but I don't know if it is a possibility or not since I don't know enough about how [the Washing Machine] gets its end output item that it spits out.

Those are pretty much what I can come up with off the top of my head as I haven't been able to find much on the washing machine and its functionality.

For anyone able to explain/answer my above questions, please state the question number you are answering, and if possible, also provide an example of your answer in action so the machines mysteries can be unveiled for everyone. [The question number is asked to be included into your answer so we don't have 5 people answering the same question over and over again]

Thanks. I will probably have further questions to add to this topic based on the answers I get back.

#2 JV676767

JV676767

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationBelgium
  • World:NU1
  • Character:JV676767
  • Studio:Oxygen

Posted 15 October 2016 - 11:14 AM

The washing machine works kind off random. What has came to my attention with the washing machine is, that it takes from the highest stat and put them randomly in other stats. The amount of skills stays the same, you don't get more or less skills.

I think the washing machine never allows to get them back to the exact same stats again. 

So it works random, but your highest stat gets the most change.

UK1 - Jason777

UK2 - JasonXXX

NU1 - JV676767

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Washing Machine

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users