Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • World:NU1
  • Character:Audrey4
  • Studio:Busty Spiderbabes

Posted 12 April 2021 - 12:50 AM

Can anything be done when the #1 Studio on a server gains so much glory that it can only attack the #2 studio with the 3rd place studio being "too weak to hit"?

Thus, there is no way to schedule any fights.   Since we cannot hit the #2 studio twice in a row and the 3rd place is out of reach, we are stuck in limbo, unable to do any daily fights unless the 3rd place studio somehow gains enough glory to get back in reach again.

Quite a game flaw in my opinion.

• mountbara likes this

#2 Anna97

Anna97

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationPotsdam, Germany
  • Character:Anna97
  • Studio:Fun Blonde Good Times

Posted 12 April 2021 - 11:38 AM

This feature is addressing precisely the problem that one studio becomes too strong, I think. The others you could attack are too easy prey and that would just demotivate people for the studio race.

You could retire some "veterans" to make the race to 1M more interesting. ;) Youre at the top, thats it. Basically you dont really have competition and that is not technically a game flaw. :)

Edited by Anna97, 12 April 2021 - 11:39 AM.

#3 cumdump69

cumdump69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Character:cumdump69

Posted 12 April 2021 - 02:28 PM

Are you talking about Busty or another studio on a different server? Cause I'm pretty sure you guys managed to attack a lower studio for a movie trophy yesterday.

• hannahhandy and Anna97 like this

#4 Kirkis

Kirkis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Character:Kirkis
  • Studio:All Holes Open Studios

Posted 12 April 2021 - 06:01 PM

The studio in question here is on NU2 and has existed for less than a year.  Comments about "veterans should just retire" and detracting by indicating a top studio on another server was able to attack a lower ranked studio are not really on point.

The issue is a studio, that only does very minimal recruiting, was able to establish itself, beating out other studios that started off super hot, and is no longer able to schedule studio fights because of a glory restriction from the #3 studio not doing enough (while sitting at less than 75k glory, meaning the race to 1M is far, far off).  

• wuffy likes this

#5 Anna97

Anna97

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 06:36 AM

Thanks for clearing that up! The studio information in the post made it look like we are talking about "Busty Spiderbabes" on NU1.

My personal contention is as stated that this simply prevents the studio race from becoming completely demotivating for followers by letting the top studio race off into infinity. Picture an invisible band keeping the race closer together somehow. So in that case, keeping the race to 100k more open.

The competition simply isnt active enough. Youve won the race for the time being. Congrats. *shrug*

Edited by Anna97, 13 April 2021 - 06:37 AM.

#6 Kirkis

Kirkis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Character:Kirkis
  • Studio:All Holes Open Studios

Posted 13 April 2021 - 01:06 PM

That's silly.  First, studio glory is absolutely meaningless other than ranking.  Nothing is gained from it.  Second, think of dueling, glory gains go massively downhill and there is a point where you get absolutely no glory from winning (but still notes and the other benefits).  So if considered the same way there is no "race off into infinity."

However, what blocking ANY studio fights does is create a block that prevents studio members from being able to keep working towards successes via studio fights, item rewards, and notes.

It would be rather easy to put in counter-programming that would prevent this type of block, basically eliminate glory gain for fights if too far ahead, and could even prevent trophy snatching if glory is X times higher than a lower studio to prevent a feeling that an OP studio will just demolish lower studios for trophies any time they get one rather than a natural progression back up the chain.

• mountbara likes this

#7 wuffy

wuffy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 02:13 PM

Thankfully, NU1 has a better scale of glory in the studio rankings.  #1 studio can attack down to the 14th place studio giving all sorts of options for attacks and strategy.    The NU2 server on the other hand is a giant mess and even with my #1 studio expanding to 100% for a 5th trophy, we are completely stuck with our fight options.   At best we can occasionally reach the 3rd place studio, allowing for an alternating attack between #2 and #3, but that is it.   

Thus there is ZERO strategy in any fight.  No trophy movement.  No suspense.  And thus, no fun. :(

#8 Anna97

Anna97

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 10:11 PM

As one of the best duellers on NU1 (ratio wise), Id totally opt for blocking fights from a certain point, instead of just removing rewards. Ive had it happen many times that people complain, because they feel picked upon. That makes total sense and 6 months back I was in that same spot. Its close to bullying and there is nothing you gain from it from a personal point of view.

Same with the studios. So my suggestion would be to merge servers or give studios the option to move to get more competition.

That's silly.  First, studio glory is absolutely meaningless other than ranking.  Nothing is gained from it.  Second, think of dueling, glory gains go massively downhill and there is a point where you get absolutely no glory from winning (but still notes and the other benefits).  So if considered the same way there is no "race off into infinity."

However, what blocking ANY studio fights does is create a block that prevents studio members from being able to keep working towards successes via studio fights, item rewards, and notes.

It would be rather easy to put in counter-programming that would prevent this type of block, basically eliminate glory gain for fights if too far ahead, and could even prevent trophy snatching if glory is X times higher than a lower studio to prevent a feeling that an OP studio will just demolish lower studios for trophies any time they get one rather than a natural progression back up the chain.

#9 wuffy

wuffy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 12:22 PM

If you want to use Dueling as a comparison to Studio Fights Anna, then think of it as this.   Say that you can only hit 5 players that are in your duel range.   Imagine trying to complete your daily tasks, duel temples and assorted duel success tiers with only being able to do 15 duels per day.   This is close to the scenario I am in on NU2 with Studio fights.   

(let me guess, the answer from BBE management would be to open up a new server instead of dealing with the underlying issue)

#10 Anna97

Anna97

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 04:23 PM

Exactly. Imagine Lizbeth with 2M glory complaining she cant duel. Thats precisely it. ;) And yeah, merging two servers would be an obvious choice.

If you want to use Dueling as a comparison to Studio Fights Anna, then think of it as this.   Say that you can only hit 5 players that are in your duel range.   Imagine trying to complete your daily tasks, duel temples and assorted duel success tiers with only being able to do 15 duels per day.   This is close to the scenario I am in on NU2 with Studio fights.   

(let me guess, the answer from BBE management would be to open up a new server instead of dealing with the underlying issue)

#11 hotlipps

hotlipps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 April 2021 - 09:25 PM

Personally the idea of allowing players to duel other players on different servers is a great idea. Then the real race to see who the best player in the game would be on. I started this game for the second time in Feb. 2019 within weeks my star came under attack by players in the 2 strongest studio's on our server because I was usually at the top spot in solo temples. The attacks were for 1 glory three times a day. 2 years three months later the attacks have stopped because I am now the strongest player on US2 it is my turn to dish out what they dished out to me climbing the gauntlet. Right now I am 150k glory away from taking the top spot from a player who has been in the game since 2016, and has held top place for 2 years. Sadly the race for a new studio to beat out a studio that has been in the game/server from since creation is a very far fetched idea, where you are talking about having to get over 400,000 glory with a new studio. The first studio's on a server will ultimately hold that spot unless someone is smart enough to mentally break the players of a studio that is getting the pick of the cream of the crop over the years and have those stronger players leave the game. Certainly a design flaw of the game design that was not taken into account.  

The thing is in the beginning of a server there is a lot of chance for studio's to compete for top place in the rankings, what happens is everyone battles back and forth until studio's are tired of the constant use of diamonds spending to reload cakes and doubles so they give up the top spot to a more aggressive studio till in the end that studio becomes the dominating studio on the server and runs away out of most studio's range. Sadly players in such a studio fail to recognize one thing they are hated by the other studio's which figure it is best to let their glory drop out of range thus is the case being talked about here. A top studio complaining they have run amuck in being able to duel other studio's you brought it upon yourself. Most studio would prefer to keep the trophy's they have acquired and stay where life is enjoyable with out the onslaught of a studio only worried about holding the top place in studio rankings. Guess what you could do to change your problem is go create another studio and begin driving it up to where you now have a second studio to duel to solve the problem. maybe you should have slowed down on the attacks to keep the game more interesting for other studio's, Just remember one thing this is only a game maybe you should consider stepping aside from being the top studio for awhile and let others experience the feeling after all it will not kill you to do so. Just a thought being put out there!

• Kitekat and Anna97 like this

#12 Terrorsin

Terrorsin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • World:INT2
  • Character:BigBadBoobs
  • Studio:Project X

Posted 28 April 2021 - 01:39 AM

If anyone wants to play a certain way, then he should strategize to make it work for him.  My previous studio had told people NOT to join some studio fights so that it could lose glory!  It's all part of the plan.

#13 hotlipps

hotlipps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 May 2021 - 05:08 PM

That is correct terrorsin the problem mentioned in this forum is the top studio cannot duel anyone unless they can get the only studio they can duel to reattack them, which would be the studio boss contacting the other studio boss and make an agreement for them to lose glory, Here is how to do it you have one of the weaker studio members become a producer they can start a duel all the other player s are told not to sign in for the duel. It has to be a prearranged thing in the studio. Or with having the players notified not to sign up for the attacking studio duel which would be the case here, Players have a habit when coming to the studio while a duel is set for that studio and signing in. What happens is the studio is being attack or the studio is attacking window sign up pops up, how to avoid signing in for the studio duel is simply click on the view studio icon on that window the player is then taken away to view the other studio and has avoided signing in for the studio duel. We have used this method on US2 to drop trophy's on other studio's or keep studio glory low. Just a suggestion on how it all works. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users