Shirnah

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • World:US2
  • Character:Shirnah
  • Studio:Diamond Dogs

Posted 15 January 2021 - 06:24 PM

I've noticed recently that a number of players have become inactive or deleted their accounts.

It seems normal, in games such as this, that some people play for a short time, then get fed up and move on, but some of these people have been playing for a long time and now have suddenly quit. This seems to have been particularly the case in the last two or three weeks.

I wonder if anyone else has noticed this trend and has any idea why this might be? Is it the demise of Flash or some other changes to the game? Something to do with lockdown or the pandemic?  Or something else?  It's certainly disappointing to see this happening.

#2 Kitekat

Kitekat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • LocationNutaku
  • World:NU1
  • Character:Kitekat
  • Studio:Oxygen

Posted 15 January 2021 - 06:52 PM

maybe this buuggy html5 ?

real bad that adobe decided to stop flash

#3 Guest_dparadise_*

Guest_dparadise_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2021 - 09:29 AM

Html5 works fine for me, I have no issues ever since. It actually even is less laggy. I get that annoying star in the left bottom waaaaaaay less.

However: The loss of Flash does cause people to quit as people liked the flash version better. The game looked better as well. I think also the exorbitant spendings of several players here and there can cause people to quit, as well as New Year resolutions and real life. There are moments I don't even have time to do my regular day job, my online job and play all together. 

#4 Medria

Medria

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Character:Medria
  • Studio:Studio 69

Posted 16 January 2021 - 02:27 PM

"Html5 works fine for me, I have no issues ever since. It actually even is less laggy. I get that annoying star in the left bottom waaaaaaay less."

That's all good and well but it really isn't the case for anyone with a lower end machine, for me personally only parts of the game works better than before while others are much much worse off, Studio chat being the worst off of all of them and without the social aspect of the game I could easily see people leaving what is otherwise a rather dull and repetitive game

Doesn't help that there is now a barrier to entry as well, unless you have a GPU capable of handling webGL you flat out cannot play the game at all, where-as before anything that supported flash would do.

The game urgently needs a performance overhaul or more people will leave

Edited by Medria, 16 January 2021 - 02:30 PM.

#5 mountbara

mountbara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  • Character:Mountbara
  • Studio:Angels on US2 Busty Spiderbabes on NU French Touch on UK2

Posted 16 January 2021 - 03:03 PM

Many long time players are finding their time is better served not playing the game,. It's really as simple as that.  It's a continuous process that started a few months after the game did, the only issue is: Will there be enough players to replace those leaving the game. Currently, it appears we are on a downward trend.

I've noticed recently that a number of players have become inactive or deleted their accounts.

It seems normal, in games such as this, that some people play for a short time, then get fed up and move on, but some of these people have been playing for a long time and now have suddenly quit. This seems to have been particularly the case in the last two or three weeks.

I wonder if anyone else has noticed this trend and has any idea why this might be? Is it the demise of Flash or some other changes to the game? Something to do with lockdown or the pandemic?  Or something else?  It's certainly disappointing to see this happening.

#6 Kitekat

Kitekat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • LocationNutaku
  • Character:Kitekat
  • Studio:Oxygen

Posted 17 January 2021 - 02:44 AM

???? maybe issue on nutaku.net only but every two or three letters(mails) the game stop working for me and heard the same from others thats not good

and it looks like in firefox a reload is not posssible after starting chrome without a full restart the PC

#7 wuffy

wuffy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Character:Audrey4
  • Studio:Busty Spiderbabes

Posted 17 January 2021 - 02:28 PM

Sadly I am seeing this trend on multiple servers as well.  Some may be the normal ebb and flow of players but lately it is mostly only players leaving and very few joining.

Also, this time of the year, I have seen an uptick of players leaving around the Christmas/New Years holidays when people spend time away from the game and then decide not to return.

I do wish my studio members would at least send a note of goodbye instead of no info at all leaving everyone to guess if/when/never a player may return.

• mountbara, hannahhandy and Anna97 like this

#8 NaughtyLuv

NaughtyLuv

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationCheyenne, WY
  • Character:NaughtyLuv
  • Studio:Studio 69

Posted 18 January 2021 - 05:46 AM

it's all of thee above. a combination of all. A number of us trying to hold on, hope all will change, also. We all can do only so much. Besides, some people are moving from 1 studio to another for 1 reason or another, also. Only the strong survives. Why a number of us need to try to be strong and keep the faith, hope we can, tho all can be trying more often than not, whenever, also.

#9 lulustarr

lulustarr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Character:lulustarr
  • Studio:Klymaxxx

Posted 20 January 2021 - 04:10 PM

I'll add my two cents on this as I am a long time player who is leaving the game.

There is no real growth in the game anymore.  I love the game and applaud the developers for having created it.  They high point of the game as approximately two years ago or so.  There were enough players on the US2 server who were active that it involved multiple strong studios.  There were studio fights every week, competition in Temple Challenges and there was a real sense of a gaming community.

The developers then opened another US server and an INT server and any new players flocked to those servers in the hopes that they could be a high ranked player starting at the same time as everyone else.  This killed growth on the US2 server completely.  With no new players coming in, studios became stagnant, studio fights became almost non-existent, battles for trophies ended and there was no growth.  Players retired and I lost rivalries and no new players came in to create new rivalries.

I've played for four years (anniversary in the game is tomorrow).  That's a long time to play a game and with no real new goals, it's just time.  Some say it's the "Pay To Win" mentality that killed the game but I don't blame the devs for trying to make money.  I hope they made a ton of money.  They created a fun game, they should be rewarded.  They just expanded the servers too fast and too much.  There is no new blood coming in and so the game withers on the vine.

I loved playing against you players on the US2 server.  I wish you all the best!

• mountbara, wuffy, hannahhandy and 2 others like this

#10 mountbara

mountbara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  • Character:Mountbara
  • Studio:Angels on US2 Busty Spiderbabes on NU French Touch on UK2

Posted 21 January 2021 - 08:24 PM

With Lulustar leaving, US2 has lost in the past month, the 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6th ranked players on the server. Very sad days :(

We will miss you Lulu, you were a wonderful player and a dear!!

I'll add my two cents on this as I am a long time player who is leaving the game.

There is no real growth in the game anymore.  I love the game and applaud the developers for having created it.  They high point of the game as approximately two years ago or so.  There were enough players on the US2 server who were active that it involved multiple strong studios.  There were studio fights every week, competition in Temple Challenges and there was a real sense of a gaming community.

The developers then opened another US server and an INT server and any new players flocked to those servers in the hopes that they could be a high ranked player starting at the same time as everyone else.  This killed growth on the US2 server completely.  With no new players coming in, studios became stagnant, studio fights became almost non-existent, battles for trophies ended and there was no growth.  Players retired and I lost rivalries and no new players came in to create new rivalries.

I've played for four years (anniversary in the game is tomorrow).  That's a long time to play a game and with no real new goals, it's just time.  Some say it's the "Pay To Win" mentality that killed the game but I don't blame the devs for trying to make money.  I hope they made a ton of money.  They created a fun game, they should be rewarded.  They just expanded the servers too fast and too much.  There is no new blood coming in and so the game withers on the vine.

I loved playing against you players on the US2 server.  I wish you all the best!

• wuffy and hannahhandy like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users