• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationPotsdam, Germany
  • World:NU1
  • Character:Anna97
  • Studio:Fun Blonde Good Times

Posted 03 January 2021 - 12:07 PM

As a snail player - see mountbaras game guide, I quite often produce movies up to the completion level needed to earn sp or others rewards. Similarly, if there is a DS-task for customized movie covers, I stop a movie at the 2-star level, since movies give quite a bit of xp that you want to avoid playing for ratio (i.e. more skill points per level gained).

Since movies can last up to three hours shooting, often times I loose track of what the rewards for each completion level were when I started them and wonder whether I should finish them and to what level. Also, fans can be gained at lower completion level, which I think is pretty much undocumented and under the radar for some players.

Therefore, itd help this playstyle to show the rewards for each star-level during the production of a movie. All playstyles would profit from knowing whats to be gained to get to 2-star or 3-star completion, since forgetting a movie begs the question: do you want to extend it or not - difficult decision, if you dont know what you gain from it!

Hovering over each star-level, the UI could help out by showing the fans and other rewards gained at that level.

Check this mock-up for reference:

https://ibb.co/NnhZnLV

• mountbara, Kitekat, wtkillabee and 3 others like this

#2 mountbara

mountbara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • World:US2
  • Character:Mountbara
  • Studio:Angels on US2 Busty Spiderbabes on NU French Touch on UK2

Posted 03 January 2021 - 01:39 PM

You can mitigate xp gains and still get credit for finishing films by doing only task missions and paying to extend or doing just enough skill missions to complete on time. 

As a snail player - see mountbaras game guide, I quite often produce movies up to the completion level needed to earn sp or others rewards. Similarly, if there is a DS-task for customized movie covers, I stop a movie at the 2-star level, since movies give quite a bit of xp that you want to avoid playing for ratio (i.e. more skill points per level gained).

Since movies can last up to three hours shooting, often times I loose track of what the rewards for each completion level were when I started them and wonder whether I should finish them and to what level. Also, fans can be gained at lower completion level, which I think is pretty much undocumented and under the radar for some players.

Therefore, itd help this playstyle to show the rewards for each star-level during the production of a movie. All playstyles would profit from knowing whats to be gained to get to 2-star or 3-star completion, since forgetting a movie begs the question: do you want to extend it or not - difficult decision, if you dont know what you gain from it!

Hovering over each star-level, the UI could help out by showing the fans and other rewards gained at that level.

#3 mountbara

mountbara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • World:US2
  • Character:Mountbara
  • Studio:Angels on US2 Busty Spiderbabes on NU French Touch on UK2

Posted 03 January 2021 - 01:58 PM

They offer the preview before you start the movies, but I understand why you would want this.

• Anna97 likes this

#4 Anna97

Anna97

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 03 January 2021 - 02:25 PM

You can mitigate xp gains and still get credit for finishing films by doing only task missions and paying to extend or doing just enough skill missions to complete on time. 

Thats exactly how I usually do it, but the question becomes: do I even want to go to 3-star-level or not? sometimes I just dont know, since I forgot the info from the selection overview. especially in the longer movies!

going 3-star from 2-star means double xp, no matter how you play and 3h-tanks make that effect worse ;)

Edited by Anna97, 03 January 2021 - 02:27 PM.

#5 Guest_dparadise_*

Guest_dparadise_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2021 - 03:06 PM

Thats exactly how I usually do it, but the question becomes: do I even want to go to 3-star-level or not? sometimes I just dont know, since I forgot the info from the selection overview. especially in the longer movies!

going 3-star from 2-star means double xp, no matter how you play and 3h-tanks make that effect worse ;)

True, but there are successes for 3 star movies, and personally, 3 star movies offer 4 skillpoints, rather than 2-3 at the lower stars :) That in combination with the successes given for 3star movies, personally I prefer this.

However, I do not believe this option will be done. One gets the rewards ahead, and so far I have never forgotten how many skillpoints the movie gave, even if i finished it hours later lol

Edit: Also finishing a large movie gives fans, fans equal also better rewards and free-ing up poses for the streaming (100M is the last one). Streaming equals notes, items or likes, so personally worth it.

However I will nevertheless pass on the idea, once the suggestion box 2021 opens for us :)

Edited by dparadise, 03 January 2021 - 03:08 PM.

• mountbara and Anna97 like this

#6 wtkillabee

wtkillabee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Character:wtkillabee

Posted 03 January 2021 - 05:02 PM

Good idea, sadly never gonna be implemented. I forget what rewards were on movie all the time so have to extend using notes just to be safe. Its just one of those quality of life changes that would improve the game in small matter for everyone. 

Dparadise, how are likes actualy useful? Do you feel getting 10-50 likes feels like improvement along the goal of reaching 50k,100k, 500k likes? 10 likes after 6 hours, YAY! Until you reach the requirment for the room or pose and unlock it, having 1 like or 49k is same. Those are the worst thing to persue in this game, but lets spend few k diamonds to bypass them :) 

• Anna97 likes this

#7 Guest_dparadise_*

Guest_dparadise_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2021 - 05:12 PM

Dparadise, how are likes actualy useful? Do you feel getting 10-50 likes feels like improvement along the goal of reaching 50k,100k, 500k likes? 10 likes after 6 hours, YAY! Until you reach the requirment for the room or pose and unlock it, having 1 like or 49k is same. Those are the worst thing to persue in this game, but lets spend few k diamonds to bypass them :)

You might be surprised, but a few months back, I've actually sent a moderator suggestion to increase the likes awarded by at least a factor of 10, simply for this reason:

KCxaROA.png

How on earth, are you going to reach that with maybe 300-500 likes at most in a day? I understand the game is played for the long haul, but I only have 20k likes in 3 months, so how much more to reach the 1M goal? And that's after spending diamonds ot unlock the rest and all 6 streams. So yeah, I totally get it, and it's something I believe should really be changed :)

• mountbara, hannahhandy, XtX and 1 other like this

#8 Anna97

Anna97

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 03 January 2021 - 10:49 PM

absolutely, its almost easier playing for diamonds to unlock rooms hahaha but whats most important on movies is sp, if youre in a good studio, its easy to have 5-6 with average 3 sp, making it 15-18. likes only give a little extra cash, that becomes useless as you buy more skill points.

#9 Kitekat

Kitekat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • LocationNutaku
  • Character:Kitekat
  • Studio:Oxygen

Posted 04 January 2021 - 01:18 PM

nice

but the right point to show the rewards is the point where you have to decide

or ?

• Anna97 likes this

#10 wuffy

wuffy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • Character:Audrey4
  • Studio:Busty Spiderbabes

Posted 04 January 2021 - 02:00 PM

I have no concept of not doing a 3-star movie once I start one.   Having done 7,778 movies in my career with only 3 not being a 3-star movie I really can't understand.   Unless your studio has movie trophies, you need to complete all of your movies for the best chance in the BBA.  Also, while movies give you EXP along the way, they also give you notes, items and skills.

Compared to what we are now receiving for rewards from Dickstarters, Duel tiers and Energy used, the EXP from movies is minimal.

Thus my suggestion is to complete all of the movies that you can but try to choose ones that give you skill points.

• mountbara, Abby8 and hannahhandy like this

#11 Anna97

Anna97

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 05:16 PM

that is a very good point! it is more useful to have that info right at the point where you have to extend a movie. the other option is also useful, if there is still time on the timer.

i think one solution could be to simply show all rewards in the extension dialog. it occured to me a few times, this would also be useful with missions, i.e. at the end of a long mission that might reset, be the wrong type etc.!

nice

but the right point to show the rewards is the point where you have to decide

or ?

Edited by Anna97, 04 January 2021 - 05:18 PM.

• Kitekat likes this

#12 Terrorsin

Terrorsin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • World:INT2
  • Character:BigBadBoobs
  • Studio:Project X

Posted 11 January 2021 - 02:16 PM

Another request: Can we get a number of movies left at the movie selection screen.  I sometimes forget how many movies I've made for the day and am unsure if I have enough time to do long films.  I'm too lazy to count them from my history.

• mountbara and Anna97 like this

#13 Anna97

Anna97

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 04:53 AM

good point, i was also missing that often times.

adding to that, as you approach the end of the week, you want to make sure, you have 21 3-star movie to get 200% boost. therefore and for other situations id also like to ALWAYS have the weekly movies overview icon available. i dont understand why its removed in that selection anyway.

#14 Kitekat

Kitekat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • LocationNutaku
  • Character:Kitekat
  • Studio:Oxygen

Posted 12 January 2021 - 04:43 PM

you can check in your movie history

#15 Anna97

Anna97

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 10:40 PM

like terrorsin said, if you want to know how many are missing, you have to count and might make mistakes, because the display is not 100% clear for it doesnt show which movie was done before or after a reset. the weekly movie icon gives you a nice overview thats already available - for some unknown reason its simply gone for the movie selection. that was the point of the addendum, you know?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users