Photo

Do the Developers purposefully visually shut off item/effects?

item effects

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rags

Rags

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • World:US2
  • Character:Rags
  • Studio:My Dirty Digs

Posted 14 November 2020 - 08:37 PM

Example:
I won an item...used it to make a film covers.
- Item showed up during Halloween and the beginning of this week's film week submission.

Now said item is completely gone, 'ruining' the visual effect of said submitted film and I would say: based on the film's drastic reduction in votes and placing...has had a devastating impact on the potential viewer's votes..

The item has disappeared from all my cover history.

In this particular case:
Diabolic hip jewelry "Infernal Sin" which is a wrapped around devils tail.

Without it, my film covers look like any 'ol nothing special...seen it before etc photo and totally misses the mark. But with it...a subtle but effective visual impact.

So do these more specialized items get turned off or is this a coding issues that has impacted the game from the beginning?

If they get turned off, why bother with them to begin with?

#2 Guest_dparadise_*

Guest_dparadise_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2020 - 11:40 PM

Effects do not transfer to movie covers, they are only visibile on your character page and during duels (I think). Effects never have been visible on movie covers, and won't be in the foreseeable future, as any game, music cd or movie dvd you buy in the shop, does not have moving animations on their cover either. 

On a side note, 1 of the female Kahuna-something items make fallusses fall through the screen, I don't believe a movie cover should have phallus-rains, that would be a definite no-vote for me.

#3 Kitekat

Kitekat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • LocationNutaku
  • World:NU1
  • Character:Kitekat
  • Studio:Oxygen

Posted 15 November 2020 - 12:39 AM

these special items diusappear in html5 i think

dont know exactly but had  already such effects with covers

#4 Rags

Rags

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • World:US2
  • Character:Rags
  • Studio:My Dirty Digs

Posted 15 November 2020 - 05:40 PM

The item is a belt that looks like a devil's tail.

The issue is:

IT WAS on my covers and now it is gone; though it didn't have the red 'glow' effect' during creation/submission

I stress this point: I would not have submitted a cover with the tail missing during creation.

It now does not show during the creation process.

Edit:
I just switched back to Flash to check....it is now appearing in ALL the covers that I used it in.
* I must of switch to HTML after I created all of them.

So it is an HTML issue that the Developers need to get on top of.

Some of the more interesting visual pieces only work and/or show in the current Flash format and a big part of the game is the customizing of film covers using the gear that has been acquired....at least for me.

I'm more likely to vote for a film cover that has had some effort put into it (clothes match title etc), even if I don't like it as much as the one it's up against that has no effort at all.

If we are soon to only be able to play the game via HTML (Is on Steam different?), the producers have to adjust the aspect at issue.

To me, there would be no point to create an item that doesn't show up on a cover that actually is a big part of the product.

P.s. I'm not talking about the animation (flowing hearts etc) to be seen on a cover, just the item.

• Kitekat likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users