Depriver of Souls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • World:NU1
  • Character:CrystalDream

Posted 08 November 2020 - 11:20 PM

Would be nice to have an option to remove your own character from ALL dueling opportunities at the cost of not being able to engage dueling or earn "Glory", remove or nerf studio "Facilities". It is extremely lame to lose to players 20+ levels lower then yourself all because they are in high tier studios. I personaly don't want to join one when I have my own. All I want to do is level up without harassment and work on my character. The game is total bullsh*t and makes me dislike it more everyday.
"One by one, they stood their ground against a creature they had no hope of understanding, let alone defeating, and one by one, they became a part of it."- Watcher's Eye (Path of Exile)

#2 wuffy

wuffy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Character:Audrey4
  • Studio:Busty Spiderbabes

Posted 09 November 2020 - 02:14 AM

Dueling is part of the game, much like making movies.   If you don't care about it much, then you don't need to duel but I would recommend doing 20 duels a day for the rewards that are given.

Leveling and gaining skills for your player is much more valuable that glory (other than the few rewards you get for hitting certain glory tiers).

• mountbara and slick like this

#3 Guest_dparadise_*

Guest_dparadise_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2020 - 07:40 AM

Dueling is much a part of the game. It determines the ranking based on glory. Also dueling gives you not just notes, but can also gain you items or diamonds, ahd that's just the duels itself, I'm not talking about the duel bar (rewards 5-10-20 duels per day). This is why dueling won't become opt out for sure.

You could read up more about dueling here, and the 2 posts just after this: https://forum.uk.big...-guide/?p=17852

• mountbara and slick like this

#4 mountbara

mountbara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  • World:US2
  • Character:Mountbara
  • Studio:Angels on US2 Busty Spiderbabes on NU French Touch on UK2

Posted 09 November 2020 - 12:43 PM

I am curious, since you don't want to compete on the glory rankings, is the only reason you want to "opt out" is because you are losing duels? The only thing you lose in duels is glory points, which you apparently don't care about, so.....what's the issue?

Would be nice to have an option to remove your own character from ALL dueling opportunities at the cost of not being able to engage dueling or earn "Glory", remove or nerf studio "Facilities". It is extremely lame to lose to players 20+ levels lower then yourself all because they are in high tier studios. I personaly don't want to join one when I have my own. All I want to do is level up without harassment and work on my character. The game is total bullsh*t and makes me dislike it more everyday.

• wuffy, Kitekat and slick like this

#5 slick

slick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 04:55 PM

I say give her what she wants, but for 99 diamonds a week, A bubble around her, no one can attack her and she cant attack anyone else. She gets what she wants and supports the game at the same time. win-win

• mountbara, wuffy and Kitekat like this

#6 mountbara

mountbara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 04:58 PM

:)  :)  :D  :D  :D  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I say give her what she wants, but for 99 diamonds a week, A bubble around her, no one can attack her and she cant attack anyone else. She gets what she wants and supports the game at the same time. win-win

#7 Depriver of Souls

Depriver of Souls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 09 November 2020 - 06:12 PM

I am constantly reminded by the notification on duel icon at the bottom of the screen and every time it is players much lower level then I am and it is always from players who are in higher tier studios. Literly farming me. Why is it soo difficult to see that it is annoying? How is a option to have yourself removed from this bs competitiveness such a problem? Just have it where the player is removed from the ranking board and can't participate in those areas anymore also not able to complete those types of missions.
"One by one, they stood their ground against a creature they had no hope of understanding, let alone defeating, and one by one, they became a part of it."- Watcher's Eye (Path of Exile)

#8 Guest_dparadise_*

Guest_dparadise_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2020 - 08:57 PM

The suggestion is added, but we'd like to remind you, the duels is a fundamental part of the game. 

#9 mountbara

mountbara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 09:19 PM

Now, you are getting to the nub of the issue. You don't like losing glory points, so you don't want to compete for them. As a player who routinely crushed people over 100 levels above me until I got to the top, and at one point was a target for those who was using me for "farming", I realized you have only 3 options. Option 1, ignore your ranking, it does not matter then if you win or lose when people attack you. Option 2, get strong, this includes making your studio upgraded, and retaliate. Option 3, quit the game.

I asked for what I thought was reasonable, an opt out of the pvp tournament, since this now adds xp to dueling, previously the only place to go in the game for gains without gaining xp. It seems it was rejected. It's a huge part of the game dynamics and I can not understand why anyone who wants to get good at the game would want to opt out of it. *shrugs* you do you and good luck.

I am constantly reminded by the notification on duel icon at the bottom of the screen and every time it is players much lower level then I am and it is always from players who are in higher tier studios. Literly farming me. Why is it soo difficult to see that it is annoying? How is a option to have yourself removed from this bs competitiveness such a problem? Just have it where the player is removed from the ranking board and can't participate in those areas anymore also not able to complete those types of missions.

#10 Kirkis

Kirkis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Character:Kirkis
  • Studio:All Holes Open Studios

Posted 09 November 2020 - 10:04 PM

Well that would make the dueling temple, dueling date tasks, and some of the DS tasks really awkward to complete.

• mountbara likes this

#11 Guest_dparadise_*

Guest_dparadise_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2020 - 06:54 AM

Well that would make the dueling temple, dueling date tasks, and some of the DS tasks really awkward to complete.

And with those stuck halfway, it makes me wonder how to grow strong, to compete with those above you. There again, there's a buying temple coming up in 2 days, who knows what will happen in the rankings after. There are players saving, but also that don't (especially after so long). So it could lead to some interesting moves.

#12 Terrorsin

Terrorsin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • World:INT2
  • Character:BigBadBoobs
  • Studio:Project X

Posted 10 November 2020 - 07:09 AM

When I was low level, I used to attack level 2 or so.  Those are people who don't bother coming back.  I gain very little glory, and those above me wouldn't take away much of my glory.  After a while, I don't get hit because I'm not worth hitting.  Be sure to dress well so others at similar levels don't always win.

There's a button to uncheck so the attacks don't pop up.

#13 Depriver of Souls

Depriver of Souls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 10 November 2020 - 11:24 PM

Anything involving Dueling isn't important to me, that includes Glory points. It is just the fact that studios with maxed "facilities" makes fights unfair. I don't bother starting fights cause I want to save up on Diamonds. So I mainly just defend myself. As it is with the game, when a player first starts, it seems that it is best to join a top tier studio. Everyone seems to do it. I just wanted to be a individual, have my own studio for my own name (sort of a solo challenge). Since there is no actual in game chat besides the mailing system, it is hard to make friends. No one helps outcasts. What do I know? I probably haven't played nearly as long as those who commented to my posts....

#14 mountbara

mountbara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 11 November 2020 - 12:56 AM

It's just like having a 50% booster over a 25% booster. It's a choice you are making. We've advertised for other people but we are not on the same server as my main. Now on Nutaku, I made the trek across 5 studios. The first one died, the second one imploded the third one was a secondary studio of someone I met here on the boards, the 4th one was a secondary studio and the 5th one was the top studio on the server. No one harbored ill will as I stayed with each until the studio itself was no longer viable. I pay nothing to play on nutaku, you can play for free and do well there. If you want to be a loner and play in your own studio, there is nothing wrong with that, but unless you figure out a way to get your studio boost up, you'll not compete in the rankings. Again, this is a choice you are making, everyone plays the game differently. My suggestion is to quit worrying about glory points and find joy in playing :) I have never once tried to gain glory points on nutaku *shrugs* but on US2 I am #1. You do you!!

Anything involving Dueling isn't important to me, that includes Glory points. It is just the fact that studios with maxed "facilities" makes fights unfair. I don't bother starting fights cause I want to save up on Diamonds. So I mainly just defend myself. As it is with the game, when a player first starts, it seems that it is best to join a top tier studio. Everyone seems to do it. I just wanted to be a individual, have my own studio for my own name (sort of a solo challenge). Since there is no actual in game chat besides the mailing system, it is hard to make friends. No one helps outcasts. What do I know? I probably haven't played nearly as long as those who commented to my posts....

#15 Guest_dparadise_*

Guest_dparadise_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2020 - 07:27 AM

Of course it's up to yourself what you do, however, I do see a contractiction in your last message, you say you don't want to spend diamonds for duels. So maybe you didn't read the first 2 lines on the faq, but this is what it says:

<quote>

- What is glory and what does it give me?

By doing duels, you gain glory. You basically fight another player in the server. If you win, you gain glory and you opponent loses glory. You also gain notes, and sometimes also an item or diamonds.

</quote>

Duels give you diamond rewards, as well as items. Also with the new duel bar up to 20 duels that is included, there are rewards there too, like items, likes, diamonds, xp (meh), skillpoints.

Duels are also a vital part of your requirements to complete parts in the game. How would you, for example, finish your date:

Becki the Mudbrawler
40 Duels / 20 strength / 10 Towels / 2 shop refreshes

Or dickstarter quests that require duels or missiles used? It's not about us telling you how to play your game, we just want to show you your missed opportunities by wanting to exclude quite a big part of the game. Don't duel for glory, duel for the rewards and successes.

I do understand you are at the lower end, but after all, it's about having fun in the game. Don't think about the "bullies" that duel you, think about your game plan to become stronger than them, and take your revenge. It's what I do on my (diamond free) test account on nutaku. I haven't spent a single note on skillpoints... So seeing people spend and beat me, just makes me think: wait after this upcoming temple, and we talk again, and see what you are made off :) I only hit players without studios in general, as usually those are the inactive players. It doesn't earn glory much, but I get to reap the rewards for doing the duels.

• mountbara likes this

#16 Kitekat

Kitekat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • LocationNutaku
  • Character:Kitekat
  • Studio:Oxygen

Posted 12 November 2020 - 09:25 PM

not to forget the many successes you can get even losees get counted

kicher

#17 Depriver of Souls

Depriver of Souls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 13 November 2020 - 08:29 PM

I am currently trying "dparadise" aproach and being hostile toward players without a studio. What is the quote for this, "The weak is nourishment for the strong". Feels like a hollow victory, but screw it, everyone else is doing it to me... NO MERCY!!

Edited by Depriver of Souls, 13 November 2020 - 08:31 PM.

• mountbara likes this

#18 mountbara

mountbara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 13 November 2020 - 08:34 PM

One other the top players when I joined the game on US2 called himself and all other high rankers "ghouls" feeding on others. At some point on nutaku, I will attack you for 1 glory, it's not personal, in fact quite the opposite, I am trying to get wins giving me a chance for items diamonds and notes without causing much damage to the other player. Currently when I duel there, i start about rank 630, you were at 780 last I checked. Please know that it's not a personal thing.

I am currently trying "dparadise" aproach and being hostile toward players without a studio. What is the quote for this, "The weak is nourishment for the strong". Feels like a hollow victory, but screw it, everyone else is doing it to me... NO MERCY!!

#19 Depriver of Souls

Depriver of Souls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 14 November 2020 - 02:47 AM

I have to ask, is there a gimmick to the dueling "action" meter? I know that it replenishes over time, but am not sure if I understand it completely.

#20 mountbara

mountbara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 14 November 2020 - 03:13 AM

you need to get it under 20, if it gets over 20, it takes three times as long to fill. (20 assumes no trophies to get the number lower). if you get to 20 and duel, every time it gets to 20 you can (and if you are using dueling, should) duel again. After 20 it's slows way down to refill.

There is a hints and tips topic where this and other things are covered here in the forum, should you wish to peruse it.

https://forum.us.big...nd-hidden-gems/

I have to ask, is there a gimmick to the dueling "action" meter? I know that it replenishes over time, but am not sure if I understand it completely.

Edited by mountbara, 14 November 2020 - 03:13 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users