Veronika

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • World:US2
  • Character:Veronika
  • Studio:Studio 69

Posted 17 June 2020 - 07:36 PM

I was wondering, will the PvP experience we're now getting be counted towards the EXPERIENCE Temple? 

I think we need an official response from the BBE team on this.

• Sracz likes this

#2 Terrorsin

Terrorsin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • World:INT2
  • Character:BigBadBoobs
  • Studio:Project X

Posted 18 June 2020 - 02:42 AM

The temple counts EARNED xp.  Pvp, dickstarters, etc give REWARD xp.

#3 Guest_dparadise_*

Guest_dparadise_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2020 - 06:26 AM

On UK server, it did not. 

But I've also read the pvp reset before the temple, which might have caused it.

I'm going to give the same answer unfortunately as I did on UK forum, at this moment we don't know yet whether it counts or not, the pvp is still all brand new. It should, which is my personal standing in it, but it depends how deep the coding of the pvp goes into the temple scripts I'm guessing.

#4 mountbara

mountbara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  • Character:Mountbara
  • Studio:Angels on US2 Busty Spiderbabes on NU French Touch on UK2

Posted 18 June 2020 - 10:44 AM

PVP experience is apparently, given at time of earning, online or not. So it seems like it will be given for this temple, next week Wednesday. A bit disappointing since no other thing is done when you are offline. 

I'm going to give the same answer unfortunately as I did on UK forum, at this moment we don't know yet whether it counts or not, the pvp is still all brand new. It should, which is my personal standing in it, but it depends how deep the coding of the pvp goes into the temple scripts I'm guessing.

#5 Veronika

Veronika

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 02:41 PM

If the PvP experience ends up as counting towards the Experience temple, wouldn't this be UNFAIR to ALL players except the highest level player on the server?

PvP experience is scaled according to a player's LEVEL, so you can have a level 50 and a level 500 player do the SAME AMOUNT of duels, yet the level 500 will gain more experience than the level 50.

In an experience temple, this can definitely be an issue, don't you think?

Edited by Veronika, 18 June 2020 - 02:44 PM.

#6 Veronika

Veronika

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 02:45 PM

I apologize for the above post since I have no idea what happened. Here is my reply:

If the PvP experience ends up as counting towards the Experience temple, wouldn't this be UNFAIR to ALL players except the highest level player on the server?

PvP experience is scaled according to a player's LEVEL, so you can have a level 50 and a level 500 player do the SAME AMOUNT of duels, yet the level 500 will gain more experience than the level 50.

In an experience temple, this can definitely be an issue, don't you think?

Edited by Veronika, 18 June 2020 - 02:49 PM.

#7 wuffy

wuffy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • World:NU1
  • Character:Audrey4
  • Studio:Busty Spiderbabes

Posted 18 June 2020 - 05:02 PM

For an example, my player in UK1 was in the 30% tier (101-500) and my award was 447,000 exp.   Considering that I had a pretty decent first day in the temple and put up 335,000 points, I can see how an additional 447,000 would be extremely unfair to any other players on the server.

Of course this goes back to the other discussions on the fairness or need of the PVP anyway.

#8 mountbara

mountbara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 08:22 PM

Ok this is from the upcoming temple thread. I do not see where it says "excluding pvp tournament", so I am going to assume it should be on there.

Singer Kyo is a wise man. No matter how good you are at your job - you can’t buy experience and nothing makes up for lack thereof. You can only master something if you dedicate your life to learning. Your Studio could greatly benefit from this philosophy!

Temple Points

• 1 point per experience point earned.

#9 Guest_dparadise_*

Guest_dparadise_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2020 - 11:08 AM

I would agree that this would favour the higher levels in this case. Of course, there are other temples doing precisely that as well. Some are better for lower level players. It was a balance between the temples.

As far as my experience goes, the xp temple usually goes a bit equal, so earning like 50k extra xp by slapping those lower level players around for a whole week, would not be a nice way to win. 

Personally, I would prefer it not being counted, so that nothing changes much in the end result. Getting 50k extra xp in the final hours of the temple would be something opponents in the temple cannot play to hold as a lead. But we never know.

Quick reminder: Tuesday there will be a maintenance and update scheduled, 8am CET.

#10 Guest_dparadise_*

Guest_dparadise_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2020 - 06:10 PM

On a side note... did the pvp start up as planned and supposed to on US4?  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

#11 mountbara

mountbara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 19 June 2020 - 08:06 PM

it did last week, I stayed off this week, so as to not collect the xp until the next day. Which of course, did not happen, it was not credited to gains for this week.

On a side note... did the pvp start up as planned and supposed to on US4?  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

#12 Kirkis

Kirkis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • World:NU1
  • Character:Kirkis
  • Studio:All Holes Open Studios

Posted 19 June 2020 - 11:35 PM

Considering you get temple points for the xp rewards from the end of the prior week's temple.....I'd have to imagine that the PvP xp will count towards the temple.  I personally have not seen any type of xp not count towards this temple in my years of playing this game, though admittedly the PvP is new so who knows maybe they excluded that one thing.  

#13 mountbara

mountbara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 19 June 2020 - 11:47 PM

yes but normally, it's counted when you get it, not when the thing is over. That did not happen this past week. We'll see

Considering you get temple points for the xp rewards from the end of the prior week's temple.....I'd have to imagine that the PvP xp will count towards the temple.  I personally have not seen any type of xp not count towards this temple in my years of playing this game, though admittedly the PvP is new so who knows maybe they excluded that one thing.  

#14 mountbara

mountbara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 07:05 PM

Ok it's confirmed, pvp tournament xp does *not* go to temple. This should have been listed in the temple which states 

Singer Kyo is a wise man. No matter how good you are at your job - you can’t buy experience and nothing makes up for lack thereof. You can only master something if you dedicate your life to learning. Your Studio could greatly benefit from this philosophy!

Temple Points

• 1 point per experience point earned.

#15 mountbara

mountbara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 07:07 PM

In my opinion, I lost over 1 million xp I *earned* in the pvp tournaments. This makes a decision to quit even closer to reality.

#16 Guest_dparadise_*

Guest_dparadise_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2020 - 07:07 PM

Well, pvp is not xp earned, but xp rewarded :)

The xp comes as a reward for ranking.

I don't know if the xp from BBA ranking counts towards the temple though.

#17 mountbara

mountbara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 07:13 PM

it does, so, nice try :)

and to be perfectly frank, I *earned* every one of those points by doing over 635 duels without spending diamonds over the past week. I am very close to done with this. Hero Zero is not BBE, BBE is not Hero Zero, they need to quit treating them as interchangeable. I understand why they don't want to give the pvp xp over there, as they have a weekly xp tournament. The xp temple is *not* comparable, since it's once in a blue moon, not weekly. Bad enough we get 1/10 the prizes that HZ does. I am just getting fed up with how short sighted they are on all of this.

Well, pvp is not xp earned, but xp rewarded :)

The xp comes as a reward for ranking.

I don't know if the xp from BBA ranking counts towards the temple though.

#18 Guest_dparadise_*

Guest_dparadise_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2020 - 07:19 PM

• The best 3000 players receive experience points as reward.

It's a reward, as stated in the announcement.

Nevertheless, first the complaint is that if it would count, it would be very unfair, now that it didn't count, the complaint is it's not fair in regards of the effort? 

#19 mountbara

mountbara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 07:24 PM

*sigh* my complaint is that if they do not have an opt out it unfairly affects low leveled players. Placing in the BBA counts towards temple, I am not seeing how it's any different. A line stating clearly that "this reward will not count towards the experience temple" would have been enough. I feel bad, I am not dumping on you, you do not have any control over the game. But if they are going to count xp, then count it. Or at least let us know it won't count.

It's still unfair to low leveled players, this did not change that.

• The best 3000 players receive experience points as reward.

It's a reward, as stated in the announcement.

Nevertheless, first the complaint is that if it would count, it would be very unfair, now that it didn't count, the complaint is it's not fair in regards of the effort? 

#20 Guest_dparadise_*

Guest_dparadise_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2020 - 07:30 PM

A line stating clearly that "this reward will not count towards the experience temple" would have been enough.

Now that's a suggestion I'm definitely bringing up in my report :) Some more clarity about the pvp etc would be a wise thing to do :)

• mountbara and Sracz like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users