Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • World:NU1
  • Character:Audrey4
  • Studio:Busty Spiderbabes

Posted 03 June 2020 - 11:32 PM

Whose bright idea was it to change the temple from collecting Silks to yet another damn Convention Temple?   Please stop ruining the game.   

We need 3 Cons for the event - that's enough!   No need to stick us with another Con temple.  :angry:

Many players purposely collected the censorship items as fast as possible as well as saving up on their energy for the upcoming and ANNOUNCED Silks temple.

Not happy!

• Kitekat, wtkillabee and mrnibbles05 like this

#2 mountbara

mountbara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • World:US2
  • Character:Mountbara
  • Studio:Angels on US2 Busty Spiderbabes on NU French Touch on UK2

Posted 03 June 2020 - 11:45 PM

Seriously? Makes my decision to quit buying diamonds even more succinct. Playata, consider this a middle finger.

Whose bright idea was it to change the temple from collecting Silks to yet another damn Convention Temple?   Please stop ruining the game.   

We need 3 Cons for the event - that's enough!   No need to stick us with another Con temple.  :angry:

Many players purposely collected the censorship items as fast as possible as well as saving up on their energy for the upcoming and ANNOUNCED Silks temple.

Not happy!

• wuffy and mrnibbles05 like this

#3 Alex-209

Alex-209

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Location209 Stockton CA
  • Character:alex209
  • Studio:BustySpiderbabes

Posted 03 June 2020 - 11:45 PM

Toothy :ph34r:

#4 cumdump69

cumdump69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Character:cumdump69
  • Studio:Fun Blonde Good Times

Posted 04 June 2020 - 06:04 AM

I don't think any time changing a different temple to the convention temple will be met with praise  :o  :mellow:  :angry:

• mrnibbles05 likes this

#5 Guest_dparadise_*

Guest_dparadise_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2020 - 07:04 AM

we have no clue what happened, we will not update the next temple until we are 100% sure we can provide the correct temple.

#6 mrnibbles05

mrnibbles05

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 08:39 AM

This is absolute BS and really doesn't seem like it's just a glitch in the code. Its funny how it conveniently switches to the most profitable format for the company... and biggest agitation to the community.

Now, maybe it is the most awfully coincidental error on earth, but this needs to be figured out and rectified fast. This is utter crap.

• RosyCheekz likes this

#7 Guest_dparadise_*

Guest_dparadise_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2020 - 09:12 AM

This is absolute BS and really doesn't seem like it's just a glitch in the code. Its funny how it conveniently switches to the most profitable format for the company... and biggest agitation to the community.

Now, maybe it is the most awfully coincidental error on earth, but this needs to be figured out and rectified fast. This is utter crap.

we understand the frustration, but it doesn't mean it's the most profitable.

My personal suggestion? Boycott the conventions? 

Nothing needs to be figured out, or rectified. The temple is running, it won't change again? This is Playata's choice for the temple this week.

#8 wuffy

wuffy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 12:01 PM

Well, whatever or whoever is controlling things needs to be stopped.   Icing on the cake is 3 Conventions in a span of 11 hours.  Glad I really don't give a "swear word" about them anymore.

#9 Kitekat

Kitekat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • LocationNutaku
  • Character:Kitekat
  • Studio:Oxygen

Posted 04 June 2020 - 12:56 PM

where are my lovely silky sheets ??????

• wuffy likes this

#10 lulustarr

lulustarr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Character:lulustarr
  • Studio:Klymaxxx

Posted 04 June 2020 - 01:38 PM

While I ordinarily rail against convention Temples, this one isn't the worst idea.  Consider this:

They started a censorship event yesterday which, among the tasks to be completed, included searching for missions that had certain items (censorship bars or flyers) attached to them.  To then have a Temple predicated on finding silk sheets, while also searching for those other items, seemed like bad planning.  

I am not saying that this was the reason for the change, but I support the change on this one occasion.  Could they have made it something other than conventions?  Yes, but considering that conventions are also part of the censorship event, it isn't the worst idea.

• LukeVaxhacker likes this

#11 RosyCheekz

RosyCheekz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA
  • Character:RosyCheekz, MaryXXXmas
  • Studio:US5 (was on NU1)

Posted 04 June 2020 - 09:30 PM

While I ordinarily rail against convention Temples, this one isn't the worst idea.  Consider this:

They started a censorship event yesterday which, among the tasks to be completed, included searching for missions that had certain items (censorship bars or flyers) attached to them.  To then have a Temple predicated on finding silk sheets, while also searching for those other items, seemed like bad planning.  

I am not saying that this was the reason for the change, but I support the change on this one occasion.  Could they have made it something other than conventions?  Yes, but considering that conventions are also part of the censorship event, it isn't the worst idea.

I can see the change from a search temple with the event searches, but there are SO MANY OTHER choices than a convention temple. I disagree that this was not the worst choice, because it was. Honestly, even silk sheets would've been better! There are times when the event items are invisible and a different mission has to be chosen.It might be a silk sheet.

The worst part of this is the unannounced change. Destroys the credibility of the forum.

• wuffy, wtkillabee and mrnibbles05 like this

#12 Terrorsin

Terrorsin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • World:INT2
  • Character:BigBadBoobs
  • Studio:Project X

Posted 05 June 2020 - 08:50 AM

BUT why is temple changed back in the middle?  The scoring is completely different!

#13 Jenny37

Jenny37

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationCzech republic
  • Studio:Angels

Posted 05 June 2020 - 09:02 AM

only now have I noticed that I am not getting any points for the convention  :angry:

• Kitekat likes this

#14 wtkillabee

wtkillabee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Character:wtkillabee

Posted 05 June 2020 - 09:21 AM

I wont get one silk sheet this week since its insane to even try compete in this scuffed temple. 

Great job devs, showing off how good you are at what you do, again.

• Kitekat and mrnibbles05 like this

#15 cumdump69

cumdump69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Character:cumdump69

Posted 05 June 2020 - 09:28 AM

This is insane, who is the moron who changes a temple in the middle of it?

#16 wuffy

wuffy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 09:34 AM

Only result I can see here is a 1st Place Tie and rewards for EVERYONE.   How can the temple change mid-week, keep the points from the Cons that you had done and then start counting single points for silks?   

Wow, epic fail.

• ataltos, RosyCheekz, Lizbeth and 8 others like this

#17 Caitlin

Caitlin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationScotland
  • Character:Caitlin2

Posted 05 June 2020 - 09:46 AM

Utter, utter incompetence.

Have the devs being playing a game of who can most mess up a temple?

First, they decide to have a collection temple, during a collection event, so we're running around trying to find flyers, trying to find censorship blanks, trying to meet the requirements of our daily Dickstarter missions AND trying to find silk sheets at the same time. 

That was a completely stupid idea. It gives a huge temple advantage to anyone who decides not to bother with the event and a penalty to anyone trying to actually play the different things the game throws at us.

So at the last minute they change it to a convention temple.

This isn't a completely ridiculous idea. We're doing conventions already for the event, so the two different challenges do compliment each other. Anyone, like me, who'd bought a mission booster in anticipation of collecting silk sheets would find the same booster of benefit for the convention temple too. There's only really one drawback, people hate convention temples and they're tired of them.

So what do they do next? Two days into a convention temple, they decide to go back to their first stupid idea. 

We're now in completely ridiculous and totally unacceptable territory. 

We have a day's worth of convention scores, which was three conventions because of course it was, my studio is over 15,000 points behind the leading studio, because there's only one character, sorry I meant one studio, who ever wins convention temples, and we're now getting 1 point per sheet. The two scoring mechanisms are totally incompatible and switching from one to the other once the temple is in progress makes further scoring pretty much meaningless. You'd have to do 10 missions to find silk sheets to compensate for a single convention show. 

You've messed it up now beyond where it can be redeemed. Just cancel this week's temple and start again next week, and stop messing about so much.

• wuffy, Kitekat, wtkillabee and 1 other like this

#18 Abby8

Abby8

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 09:47 AM

So this change is the reason for the error message during the convention? 

#19 mrnibbles05

mrnibbles05

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 10:40 AM

Why on earth would you change it back midrun?! The scoring is COMPLETELY different!!! Now there's virtually no chance to move standing in solo or group temple. You should have just admitted and stuck with the mistake. Now you look like bigger buffoons. Well done.

• Kitekat likes this

#20 Lizbeth

Lizbeth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 12:03 PM

Only result I can see here is a 1st Place Tie and rewards for EVERYONE.   How can the temple change mid-week, keep the points from the Cons that you had done and then start counting single points for silks?   

Wow, epic fail.

1000x this above ^^^^^^^^^^^

This is your only viable, fair, and easily applied solution to the problem that has been created, and it's not without precedent. In past instances where BBE voting was plagued by errors for protracted periods, or just completely unavailable, you simply gave all players first place rewards for that week. Any other solution would only make things more convoluted and foster even more ill will.

I realize for Playata, this is not an ideal situation, but you're going to have to swallow the medicine. Make some airplane or choo choo sounds if you must.

P.S. Anyone who agrees with Wuffy's suggestion, really needs to take the time to scroll up and click like. I know we all hear "like and subscribe" a lot but the developers do look at that metric, and giving more likes to their original post cannot hurt.

Edited by Lizbeth, 05 June 2020 - 12:06 PM.

• wuffy, Kitekat and Sammi like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users