• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • World:US2
  • Character:Jasmina
  • Studio:LGBTQ in the Big Bang

Posted 09 January 2017 - 08:47 PM

How does the New Opponents thing work in Duels? What goes into factoring who can show up and who can't? I often get people I have little to no chance in beating, but I'm pretty sure that's just because I'm still kinda a noob.

But often when I press the New Opponents button, I sometimes get no change, or people I've just dueled, which is a bit annoying because then I have to go searching in the Rankings for people that I can actually battle, and they don't have the + and - thing you get when you're in the duel section.

So yeah ^^;

I don't know what I'm doing 

#2 Stoney

Stoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • World:INT1
  • Character:UncleTrenchcoat
  • Studio:Fuckingham Palace

Posted 09 January 2017 - 09:26 PM

I haven´t used that duel window in a long time. I find it easier to go into the ladder perspective and either leave it sorted by glory to raise my positioning, or sort by level to see how I stack up against like-leveled players. Try that and you´ll never go back to the duel window ;)

• CaptC likes this

#3 Kitekat

Kitekat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • LocationNutaku
  • World:NU1
  • Character:Kitekat
  • Studio:Oxygen

Posted 10 January 2017 - 01:25 AM

guess duel opponents have to be online

so the refresh may not work allways for that reason

#4 Sadie2

Sadie2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Character:Sadie2 (NU1 Server)
  • Studio:Hot Sensations (NU1 Server)

Posted 12 January 2017 - 06:17 PM

I haven´t used that duel window in a long time. I find it easier to go into the ladder perspective and either leave it sorted by glory to raise my positioning, or sort by level to see how I stack up against like-leveled players. Try that and you´ll never go back to the duel window ;)

I prefer to use the Ranking List also.  But I would still like to know what factors in the Duel window when you do Change Opponents.  Something that potentially costs diamonds should at least be explained.  That way, players can know and possibly benefit from Changing Opponents if they happen to use the Duel window.  Right now, it is useless.  It really does need a good fix.  If they want people to spend money and use diamonds, they should work on it.  

Personally, I don't care either way unless it was a big fix that made it worthwhile.  Until then, I use the Ranking List.

• Stoney and primTRASH like this

You don't know, that I know

You watch me every night

And I just can't resist the urge to stand here in the light

Your greedy eyes upon me

Then I come undone

And I could close the curtains

But this is too much fun

276922_343342499086026_418367227_n.jpg

#5 SlicerDicer

SlicerDicer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV
  • Character:aintpretty
  • Studio:Exit Only

Posted 16 January 2017 - 01:58 AM

As far as I am concerned the entire duel system is broken. There are many Facebook games that duel systems as part of their games and are implemented much better then this one.

1. There is no guideline explaining changes of getting diamonds or equipment from a duel. I have loosely tested this and hitting much lower level players does not markedly affect rewards
  2. There are no true penalties for going after players with much lower glory.  In FB games if player ranking is too low you will actually get penalized. Meaning you will loose the the ranking number and what ever the standard reward is. 
  3. Glory has no effect on PvP or PvE.  So glory is for bragging rights only.  

The vast majority of the glory has come from attacking lower level players since there no benefit to attacking players higher level since chances of winning are much lower if not existent versus some.

#6 RosyCheekz

RosyCheekz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA
  • Character:RosyCheekz, MaryXXXmas
  • Studio:US5 (was on NU1)

Posted 16 January 2017 - 05:27 AM

I'm not a dueling fanatic, so don't get me wrong. I also don't play a lot of Facebook games, so I can't evaluate your contention that the duel system is broken. But let me put in my 2 cents (or whatever the local equivalent is ).

Rewards: From what I have experienced and been told, the higher the player level the greater the non-glory reward. 

The glory gained/lost is available to you if you put your cursor over the "Attack" tab.

The penalty for attacking much lower ranked players is twofold: Much lower glory gained if you win (and you have a limited number of duels available unless you want to spend diamonds), and greater glory lost if you lose. Plus you can only attack each player three times a day (outside of counterattacks).

Glory is for more than bragging rights, unless you don't care about the Successes involved and their rewards.

As for there being no benefit from attacking higher ranking players, you just have to compare your abilities against theirs. Then you see how much glory you gain for a victory and how much for a loss. There are players out there who are higher ranked that I can beat regularly (not many, but a few), and then there are the ones that if I win 1 out of the 3 attacks I come out ahead in glory. Again, if you don't care about these success rewards, it doesn't matter.

These are just my opinions, so take them for what they're worth. The big thing is to enjoy yourself. It is only a game.

Rosy

• primTRASH likes this

#7 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationHouston near my Baby
  • Character:CaptC
  • Studio:Member emeritus of Busty Spiderbabes

Posted 16 January 2017 - 07:41 PM

But... But... My 'peen!  How can I measure it with a broken dueling system?  (LOL)

I said that humorously, but there is a serious point lurking under the surface. Why does the game provide a measuring stick that measures nothing useful?

I use the dueling system only to get achievement awards, and to augment my income during down time while waiting for cooldowns. There is nothing wrong with bragging rights - but that is not where I care about being able to brag.

I have seen studios advertise for minimum glory ratings. I chuckle and wonder why. It's not to measure fighting ability. Maybe it is some kind of measure of activity - but I would much rather check for gaps in movie production. That's direct evidence about what I want to see - not spotty, fuzzy, incomplete data regarding something unknown.

=Cap

• primTRASH likes this
I have retired from the game, but not from life.
In love with my Baby.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: opponents, duels, randomize, players

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users