• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationSoutheast Asia, GMT+8
  • World:US2
  • Character:Veline
  • Studio:Pink Pot Studios

Posted 15 September 2016 - 01:25 PM

Hi!

Sometimes there are "hard" enemies in missions. (The caption says "You need a dose of luck to win.") How do you defeat them? Is it random? Is there anything at all that you can do (e.g. equip yourself with more stamina, etc) so you have a higher chance of winning?  :huh: 

I ask because it's really irritating when there are missions with "hard" enemies that offer collection items or other good stuff, but you can't get them because you fail the mission, and then those items disappear and never come back again.  :( 

#2 Becky Lynch

Becky Lynch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Character:BeckyLynch.
  • Studio:Dirty Deeds

Posted 15 September 2016 - 01:40 PM

It never makes sense to me. I can lose badly twice then beat them down like they were nothing. I am not sure how that can be when I do not change anything.

I have been told you should have your basic skills even and first hit the boss a couple times with nothing on...then put your gear back on and kick his/her butt,  I personally have not tried this method. 

• Veline likes this

Posted Image

#3 Stoney

Stoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • World:INT1
  • Character:UncleTrenchcoat
  • Studio:Fuckingham Palace

Posted 15 September 2016 - 02:44 PM

With hard skill missions you can swith items to make that skill stronger to give you a better chance, but with hard fights it truly is random. If you have access to refinements (starting level 25) you can try to get the survival refinement on your shoes to give you that one last hit, but other than that its luck.

• Veline likes this

#4 Veline

Veline

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 03:02 PM

Yes, I was referring to hard fights. :)  If it's by luck that sucks. -_-  I have missed so many collection items or party tickets because they were paired with a hard fight. :(

I wonder if the developers will consider adding a "luck" skill component, or items that will raise your luck in the game! :rolleyes:

• AngelicaSynn likes this

#5 ataltos

ataltos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationOKC
  • World:NU1
  • Character:PrissyDey
  • Studio:Busty Spiderbabes

Posted 17 September 2016 - 07:22 PM

Unfortunately many of the fighters will emulate your stats and clothing buffs (they will have a buff for each of yours).

I have found that the higher my stats have got, the less I seem to loose to hard fights, but I admit I will pass a fight except for goal fights and if my only option is an easy skill test.

#6 Veline

Veline

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 07:30 PM

I have found that the higher my stats have got, the less I seem to loose to hard fights

I have not experienced this. And I think this can't be true in general. If it's true, that would just mean that as long as a player keeps buying skill points, they would not lose against the computer. Just my 2 cents. ;)

#7 RosyCheekz

RosyCheekz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA
  • Character:RosyCheekz, MaryXXXmas
  • Studio:US5 (was on NU1)

Posted 19 September 2016 - 03:20 AM

It all seems to even out in the end. There are days when I can't succeed at a hard test/fight all day. Then the next I can't lose. Nothing I can do but keep pluggin' away. 

It makes no sense, but it seems like if I hit the "Skip" button after I dodge or hit the enemy, I win more often. If I hit it after the enemy dodges, I tend to lose more often. Superstition, I know, but it seems to work. Go figger! :)

• Veline likes this

#8 steemerguy

steemerguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 01:44 AM

I am no sure why the developer's designed an NPC in such a fashion for a game that is generally PvP.  It is also the most hated part of the game since regardless of how many diamonds you use you still have a good chance of losing.

At the very least NPC's should not get refinements.

#9 Kitekat

Kitekat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • LocationNutaku
  • Character:Kitekat
  • Studio:Oxygen

Posted 24 December 2016 - 02:08 PM

if you have no special refinment the npc dont have any

so select careful what you wear

• CaptC likes this

#10 SlicerDicer

SlicerDicer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV
  • Character:aintpretty
  • Studio:Exit Only

Posted 25 December 2016 - 10:57 PM

OK. So while waiting for a hard mission to be ready I got enough cash to clear a success and spent it all on stats.  The Hard NPC stats were related to the original stats I started with.

Next I on another Hard NPC mission i stripped 6 pieces of gear off then selected the mission.  After the mission started i put the gear back on. same thing only better. Not only were the NPC stats related to my ungeared ones, but so were the refinements.  

So that is the key. Whether by design or by bug just strip you gear before selecting a Hard NPC mission and then put that gear back on after the mission is started. 

#11 Kitekat

Kitekat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • LocationNutaku

Posted 26 December 2016 - 05:34 AM

buh  this really looks like bug using

#12 SlicerDicer

SlicerDicer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV
  • Character:aintpretty
  • Studio:Exit Only

Posted 26 December 2016 - 06:26 AM

buh  this really looks like bug using

probably since the result for further usage is inconsistent. it is unpleasant that the developers decided to go this route with the npc's.  thought this is p2w  it is over set up that the freebies and can at least compete (from a studio point of view).  between this and conventions i doubt i will buy more diamonds for the game.  both leave a bad after taste.

#13 Kitekat

Kitekat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • LocationNutaku

Posted 26 December 2016 - 02:06 PM

i surely loose some hard fight mission but with the right selected refinments the chances are not so bad i think

#14 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationHouston near my Baby
  • Character:CaptC
  • Studio:Member emeritus of Busty Spiderbabes

Posted 26 December 2016 - 10:29 PM

OK. So while waiting for a hard mission to be ready I got enough cash to clear a success and spent it all on stats.  The Hard NPC stats were related to the original stats I started with.

Next I on another Hard NPC mission i stripped 6 pieces of gear off then selected the mission.  After the mission started i put the gear back on. same thing only better. Not only were the NPC stats related to my ungeared ones, but so were the refinements.  

So that is the key. Whether by design or by bug just strip you gear before selecting a Hard NPC mission and then put that gear back on after the mission is started. 

Works that way in parties, too.  The NPC gets the stats you had when you clear the previous mission. Go into skill missions without missiles, regear for the particular stat while waiting for a skill mission to come up.  If you have multiple fights in a row, re-equip one piece of gear at a time, or progressively better missiles.

I have retired from the game, but not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#15 MadDog

MadDog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 06:49 PM

My Test got a success rate from easy to hard:  ~60%, ~40% and ~10% for hard.

for me the programmers f*** up the game!!!

#16 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 02:47 PM

I had a lady join one of my studios.  She built her toon completely experienced based. Picked all the missions with the most experience, whenever she had a choice between money and experience she took the experience.

She couldn't win a hard fight anywhere. Couldn't win a duel. Couldn't even pass skills tests, or complete movies on time. Was going to quit in frustration.

I put her on a strict diet. Made her concentrate on getting money, that she bought skills with. Made her run her movies for the money, taught her to change clothes into skills sets so she could finish.  (Hint: Single skill commons are your friend.) Made her run parties, using the same tricks. Made her pick missions that gave her the most notes per energy, regardless of the experience reward.

A few months later, she was looking for the hard missions, because they give the best rewards. And she could pass them consistently.

Then we worked on her refinements, got her into combat gear. She is a terror now.  In studio fights, if she goes up against like levels, she tears them up.  That meant she could win the hard fight missions regularly - it's refinements that make the difference there, since as noted earlier, the skills modify to match yours.

Today she has one of the highest skills to level ratios on the server. She is bursting with virtual muscles. She never changes outfits anymore. She doesn't need to, she passes even hard skill tests with ease. She wins hard fights the vast majority of the time.

If you can't beat the hard fights more than 10% of the time, you are probably making the same mistakes that lady did. In this game, you can easily outgrow your skills if you focus on experience.  But in this game, levels are just for bragging.  It's skills that kill.

So get some skills.

Get some good combat refinements.

And start kicking ass.

• mimesis likes this
In love with my Baby.

#17 Valric

Valric

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:17 PM

Actually there is a way to win like 99% of all fighting missions (including the hard ones).

You just need a stamina gear set for that.

Simply collect items with only stamina on it. They are easy to get since these items are common items and most likely you will find a stamina-only item in the sex shop after almost every shop refresh.

They really aren't hard to get, just make sure you have a stamina-only item for each slot.

(had, chest, belt, legs, shoes, necklace, ring, piercing)

Then just equip your 8 stamina-only items and take off your gadget. Now you should win almost every fighting mission (like 99%).

But keep on your missiles!

You may ask why and here is the reason to take off the gadget but to keep on your missiles:

Enemies in fighting mission are mirroring your stats and the dmg of the gadget (weak enemies have a little less and strong enemies have a little more of these mirrored stats/ gadget-dmg). But they are not mirroring the missiles, so the missiles are your big advantage over a fighting mission enemy.

Now just make sure to keep your stamina-gear always up to date by simply buying every stamina item that is better than your current one. It's pretty simple, since you will most likely find a stamina item in the sex shop after almost every daily free refresh.

This won't work very well if you are wearing only some stamina-items. If you want the full almost 100% winning guarantee you need a stamina-only item in every slot.

And on a side note:

This only works for the regular fighting missions. It won't work for the career fighting mission enemies since they have fixed stats.

Oh and be prepared to become a glory-victim for other players because with this stamina-only gear and without your gadget you will loose every duel.

But if you want to make sure to always (99%) get that special one fighting mission reward item this will help you a lot for the future.

And if you don't care about glory and you are hunting for max exp then doing hard fighting missions with this stamina gear is the best you can do.

In short:

An up to date stamina only item in every slot (without refinements ofc) + take off your gadget (but keep on your missiles) = 99% guarantee to win every regular fighting mission, even the hard ones.

It really works...just give it a try. ;)

Edited by Valric, 28 July 2017 - 06:23 PM.

#18 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Character:TaraBing (UK2)

Posted 28 July 2017 - 09:03 PM

Hi Valric,

Actually there is a way to win like 99% of all fighting missions (including the hard ones).

:

And on a side note:

This only works for the regular fighting missions. It won't work for the career fighting mission enemies since they have fixed stats.

Oh and be prepared to become a glory-victim for other players because with this stamina-only gear and without your gadget you will loose every duel.

But if you want to make sure to always (99%) get that special one fighting mission reward item this will help you a lot for the future.

And if you don't care about glory and you are hunting for max exp then doing hard fighting missions with this stamina gear is the best you can do.

:

It really works...just give it a try. ;)

Does it work in dueling PARTY MISSIONS? ... Smug.png

-TB Flower.png

#19 Valric

Valric

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:40 PM

Hi Valric,

Does it work in dueling PARTY MISSIONS? ... Smug.png

-TB Flower.png

Sorry but I can't give you a really helpful answer to that. All I can say is that:

Theoretically this should work for party missions too...at least if you manage to make your enemie mirror your "stamina-gear + no gadget" stats.

But in practise this seems not to be very handy for parties, at least for me. I never managed to make the enemies mirror my full stamina gear so I gave up on this. Instead I'm playing parties with my normal gear only and usually this works totally fine to complete the party in time (as long as it's not Whiplash).

Works that way in parties, too.  The NPC gets the stats you had when you clear the previous mission.

And that might be the reason why I never managed to make the enemies mirror my stats. If the previous mission is a strength-, charisma- or finesse-mission it will be needlessly hard to win this skill mission wearing stamina-only gear + no gadget, so I never even tried that.

I'm only using the stamina-gear trick for normal fighting missions (not for party missions and not for career missions) and for these normal fighting missions it works fantastic.

Edited by Valric, 28 July 2017 - 11:41 PM.

• TaraBing likes this

#20 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 01:43 AM

Party bosses tend to have fixed combat refinements. Going up against them with only stamina, no combat refines, just a missile? Cruising for a bruising, I think. But if someone tries it, I'd be interested in the results.

There is another approach that will get you through even whiplash with very few failures.  But you do need to use your combat gear against the fighting missions.

1) Going into every skill fight, equip a single skill common set for the appropriate skill and take off your missiles.

2) In whiplash, you fight just about every other mission.  Those duelers will pick up the horrible stats from your last skill test, and will have crappy missiles

3) re-equip your combat gear.  Slaughter the weakened boss.

4) The next skill test will look at your combat gear, and will adjust appropriately. Equip the right skill set, and you should pass easily.

Rinse and repeat until you get to the string of three fights at the end of whiplash.  Only reequip a few of your combat items and use your weakest missiles on the first fight.

For each successive fight, upgrade your missiles and put on a few more combat pieces.

Done.

Different parties do things in different orders, of course, but the basic strategy works in Bernies and Wheelz.

Edited by CaptC, 29 July 2017 - 01:55 AM.

• TaraBing likes this
In love with my Baby.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users