• PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • World:NU1
  • Character:Tabithia
  • Studio:Sin Goddesses

Posted 15 March 2019 - 10:42 AM

Is this a support ticket item?

I've been chatting in game with some people recently that are clearly online, yet are missing the green dot that indicates there are.  It has been gone completely and some times only partially. 

Example, they show online in the duel list, but not in the mail, at the same time.  Or in the mail, but not the friend list at the bottom. Or some other combination.  

Just trying to be helpful

4kjbEmU.pngSig by QuTiPy

#2 Guest_dparadise_*

Guest_dparadise_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2019 - 08:27 PM

It could be they went inactive for a bit. As long as logged in, they will show up in the fist, but after a certain period of no movement/clicks, their activity could go lost in the mails etc.

#3 mountbara

mountbara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • World:US2
  • Character:Mountbara
  • Studio:Angels on US2 Busty Spiderbabes on NU French Touch on UK2

Posted 15 March 2019 - 09:48 PM

It could be they went inactive for a bit. As long as logged in, they will show up in the fist, but after a certain period of no movement/clicks, their activity could go lost in the mails etc.

I am pretty sure it's NU specific. Have seen it myself, passing pm's back and forth to someone who is showing as not online. Not that big a deal so I never reported it. personally, I wish we could turn status on or off.

#4 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationHouston near my Baby
  • Character:CaptC
  • Studio:Member emeritus of Busty Spiderbabes

Posted 15 March 2019 - 10:14 PM

So, in general, there are like three ways to exit the game, and they affect how the green dots are set.

1) You log off.  The green dot winks out pretty much immediately.  (Note: The reason you never see this on Nutaku, is that Nutaku does not have a log-off option on the crossed-wrenches menu.)

2) You shutdown your browser without logging out. The green dot stays lit. You are still "logged on" until such time as the server decides to check up on you, for whatever arcane reason the server decides. When the server fails to get a response from you, it seems to log you out at that time, and your green dot goes out. This is very erratic. I have been "logged on" continuously for very long times this way, to the distress of players who think I am ignoring them.

3) You are away from your keyboard for an extended period of time. Your browser is still logged in. The green light will stay lit until something happens to the browser session. When your browser session drops, I believe you revert to option 2.  I would often leave my browser logged in because I really liked our community, and I got to catch up on what everyone was saying if my session lasted until the morning. My players got used to not knowing if I was logged in or not, and were often surprised when I would suddenly jump into conversations when they thought I was sleeping.  XD

I have retired from the game, but not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#5 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationHouston near my Baby
  • Character:CaptC
  • Studio:Member emeritus of Busty Spiderbabes

Posted 15 March 2019 - 11:02 PM

But after re-reading, I see this is a slightly different problem. if you can document that a player account has a lit green light on one screen, but the light is simultaneously NOT lit on another screen, that would be a bug worth ticketing, yes.

I have retired from the game, but not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#6 mountbara

mountbara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • World:US2
  • Character:Mountbara
  • Studio:Angels on US2 Busty Spiderbabes on NU French Touch on UK2

Posted 16 March 2019 - 01:43 AM

Not noticed whether it was lit in one but not another, but have had hours long chats with people who show as offline. Still a bug, but not one that is really concerning

But after re-reading, I see this is a slightly different problem. if you can document that a player account has a lit green light on one screen, but the light is simultaneously NOT lit on another screen, that would be a bug worth ticketing, yes.

#7 Tabithia

Tabithia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Character:Tabithia
  • Studio:Sin Goddesses

Posted 19 March 2019 - 06:29 PM

I also play from the download pc client and not the browser.  So not sure it this is a thing.  It seems there are a LOT of anomolies concerning the NU1 server.  Yeah for us!  Just trying to make it better.  

The PC DL client was why I choose BBE over FAP CEO in fact.  And I think it defaulted to NU1.  Not that this is relevant.

4kjbEmU.pngSig by QuTiPy

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: support, bug, Sin Goddesses, Tabithia is Awesome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users