• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 NickBloomSlime

NickBloomSlime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:48 PM

I have made a wiki about Big Bang Empire here!: http://bigbangempire.wikia.com/Can anyone help me by adding information? Thanks!

#2 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • World:US2
  • Character:TaraBing (UK2)

Posted 15 September 2017 - 03:16 PM

Hi Nick,

I have made a wiki about Big Bang Empire here!: http://bigbangempire.wikia.com/Can anyone help me by adding information? Thanks!

I checked it out - it's a great idea in concept, but the host site for the Wiki is so-laden with media and ads, it cripples my machine just navigating around it. 

Also of note, I saw at least one concept that was clearly not understood --

• There is a list of items and their attributes and purchase prices... etc

While recognizing the item name is fine, adding the stats you get from them will not be accurate as those are random, and are level-dependent.  Also prices will vary as your characters goes up in levels as well.

Having a list of "collections" and what is in each collection and how to obtain them would be a better use of listing items.

All in all, a nice first effort, but I'm not a fan of the ad-inundation overload at the host site, and I'm curious why pages of interest could not be added here in these forums for posterity.  ... Smug.png

-TB Flower.png

• mimesis likes this

#3 NickBloomSlime

NickBloomSlime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 03:10 AM

If you want, you can try AdBlock! :)

#4 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 03:52 AM

Thanks Nick... and / but... 

If you want, you can try AdBlock! :)

Isn't that saying something about the host site if I have to do that?  I quit reading stuff on examiner (dot) com for the same reason.

When the message of the transmission gets lost in the noise of the signal, it's time to get a new radio. ... Smug.png

-TB Flower.png

#5 Sexily

Sexily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • World:NU1
  • Character:SexyLee

Posted 16 September 2017 - 07:55 AM

Hi Nick,

I checked it out - it's a great idea in concept, but the host site for the Wiki is so-laden with media and ads, it cripples my machine just navigating around it. 

All in all, a nice first effort, but I'm not a fan of the ad-inundation overload at the host site, and I'm curious why pages of interest could not be added here in these forums for posterity.  ... Smug.png

-TB Flower.png

Hi, there was a post at http://forum.uk.bigb...-have-a-manual/about starting a wiki or online manual of sorts, which mentioned the wikia.

How big can pages here get? For example, trying to have a large table of successes would take up lots of space.

Did you mean something like a page of sources with links to forum pages?

#6 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 02:42 AM

Hi, there was a post at http://forum.uk.bigb...-have-a-manual/about starting a wiki or online manual of sorts, which mentioned the wikia.

How big can pages here get? For example, trying to have a large table of successes would take up lots of space.

Did you mean something like a page of sources with links to forum pages?

Hi Nick,

Can you help Sexily with some of these questions?

Thanks,

-TB

#7 Sexily

Sexily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 07:47 AM

I'm curious why pages of interest could not be added here in these forums for posterity.  ... Smug.png

-TB Flower.png

Hi Tara,

I was posting in response to what you said about adding pages to the forum, hence the quote.

Do you know the size limit for forum posts, as trying to list all the successes on one page might be too much.

When you said pages of interest, did you mean something like a page of references to forum posts all together like here?

Thanks

#8 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 04:25 PM

Hi Sexily...

I'm curious why pages of interest could not be added here in these forums for posterity.  ... Smug.png

-TB Flower.png

Hi Tara,

I was posting in response to what you said about adding pages to the forum, hence the quote.

Do you know the size limit for forum posts, as trying to list all the successes on one page might be too much.

When you said pages of interest, did you mean something like a page of references to forum posts all together like here?

Thanks

No, but that work as well.  That particular page on the wikia is busy, hard to read, and not particularly organized, but if someone is willing to dig, it might help a reader... ONE THING - I do like, is the fact you can provide links to multiple forums.

On the tech side of that wikia, I do not know the size limits. ... Smug.png

-TB Flower.png

#9 Sexily

Sexily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:55 PM

Are there any other English forums for BBE, other than the US and UK ones? Then it would make sense to check for faqs and tips from both and compile them in one place.

Would it be okay to copy the text and put them on pages in this forum? I asked the poster NiceLee on UK forum, and he thinks it's ok to have the info on here. He will try and put what he wrote on the UK forum as well.

#10 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:47 PM

I really don't know the legal stuff behind most of the "fair use" vs copyright materials.  The fact that THAT particularly website seemingly makes money via it's barrage of advertisement showings could be a factor against fair use.  But truth be told, I don't know.

As for other English forums for BBE, I do know UK and US are the only two for now. 

-TB Flower.png

#11 principessa1994

principessa1994

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 09:16 AM

Hi to all.

I start many times ago this project with the approvation of Italy moderators:

It is a complete (but still in develop) reference for all the aspect of the game.

The site will be translate also in other language (when I'll have the time), so some descripotion are still in italian (my main language); instead all the content are in the correct language.

#12 principessa1994

principessa1994

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 09:18 AM

http://tycoon.altervista.org/BBE/

Sorry i forgot the link :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users