Photo

Studio Incentives

Studio valued members member retention studio growth financial opportunity for BBE

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 JewelMad

JewelMad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 11:13 AM

I have seen postings similar to what i am suggesting, but not addressing the real issue.  Studio Bosses & Producers need/want incentives to provide our members.  Retaining your members when there are other studios at a higher level, maxed out studio opps and promises of producer status is par for the course. Some people will jump at the challenge others have invested to much time/energy/funds to jump ship or actually feel close with their studio family and would like to succeed as a team.

Suggestions:

Studio Member Successes 

Weekly (managed by BBE system)

• MVP
  • Shooting star (fastest levels acheived)
  • Sugar Momma/Poppa (biggest donation)
  • Couch Testing (recruiting a new member)
  • etc....

Boss/Producer driven incentives to members 

• Diamond Vouchers

Auction house (in studio, similar to the studio boosters - only lasts for a week and costs ...)

• Studio members can submit items they have but don't need 
  • Members can offer funds for item
  • BBE takes a percentage
  • Member approves/declines offer or counter offers....
  • you get the picture....

Would love feedback...ideas...brainstorming...etc.

This is my take, but i bet there are better ideas out there.

Hopefully something will happen with these ideas.

JM

• TaraBing likes this

#2 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationHouston near my Baby
  • World:NU1
  • Character:CaptC
  • Studio:Member emeritus of Busty Spiderbabes

Posted 06 September 2017 - 01:54 PM

Internal awards are a fine thing.

I do not like the auction house idea, as I have stated elsewhere.  It would simply be another rolling advantage that will let dominant studios stay dominant - because they have the highest levels, who will get and sell the best gear, and their newbie members will get disproportionately strong.

• mountbara and TaraBing like this
I have retired from the game, but not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#3 JewelMad

JewelMad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:01 PM

good point!

#4 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • World:US2
  • Character:TaraBing (UK2)

Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:05 PM

Hi JM,

I know some suggestions have been mirrored in other posts from this and other forums.

I'm not sure I understand all of these suggestions, but I like some of the ones I do.

• The weekly MVP, how do you see that being defined?
  • Shooting Star would be nice to see.
  • Biggest diamond donor, would also be nice to see.
  • Recruiting a new member?  That would have to work based on making invites, and might get intrusive, but it's not that bad of an idea until it gets annoying for the player receiving the multiple invites.   The invitee would need to have an opt-out feature to invites.

• Diamond vouchers - how do you see this working?

• I've seen Auction Houses abused in other games, (where it sounds like a cool idea in the beginning but also) where that portion of the game invariably gets shut down by the game maker.  How do you not see that happening here?

Instead of an auction house, it has been suggested that the studio have a shareable wardrobe tab for using the items visually in making movies.  The item would be donated by a member, to which anyone from the studio (of that gender) could use it.  But again, it's only for making the movie covers.  None of the stats go with it.  This also means none of the non-visible items (necklace, rings, etc) would need to be part of the studio wardrobe tab.

Let's keep this dialogue open... anyone have anything else to add?

-TB Flower.png

#5 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:40 PM

Internal awards are a fine thing.

I do not like the auction house idea, as I have stated elsewhere.  It would simply be another rolling advantage that will let dominant studios stay dominant - because they have the highest levels, who will get and sell the best gear, and their newbie members will get disproportionately strong.

Hey Capt, I see we share a similar disdain for "auction house".  But I like the idea of sharing the items for making movie covers, it would have to be limited to be effective, (example: like no more than 2 items to be shared by each player).  That would be 50 items (or more) for a studio with 25 or more active members.

-TB Flower.png

#6 JewelMad

JewelMad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:47 PM

Hi TB,

All of this is to open up to ideas...by no means is this a complete list of ideas and everything is open to hashing out.

I agree about the Auction House comments, unless there is a leveling system in place and/or benchmarks that have to be achieved and then discarded.....for example when you start the game you can purchase time/films at a discounted rate till you reach a certain level.  All would have be discussed to make sense and a fair playing field for everyone.

As for diamonds, again only a single suggestion and a common place one at that.  On the diamond purchase page in the lower right corner is an option to purchase gift diamonds....not sure if it works, how it works...haven't taken advantage of it yet.

I like the dress up option, but honestly, it isn't a priority if it doesn't get me skill points....that is my perspective, but i am sure others would love the option...it shouldn't be to difficult to accomplish.  It would be similar to the items we have available at the tailor...once we purchase/win an item we have it in our "closet".  Once you join a studio the closets get shared and a system would be created to eliminate duplicates.  I am sure it is more difficult than that.

I like the open dialogue and opportunity for more brain power on this.\

Thanks,

JM

#7 JewelMad

JewelMad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:07 PM

Just had another thought that touches on nixing the auction house and limiting the number of shared items.....let's say items can be contributed by anyone in the studio up to a certain qty.... and others can win them through a system similar to Misty's Atelier.  you can only have two at any time and get it randomly.  just a thought based on the back and forth.

#8 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 04:46 PM

I could be fine with any shared system of clothing (whether actual items or just patterns), as long as:

1) No skill improvement for dueling or studio fights

2) No benefit towards completing collections

3) No benefit towards keeping epic refinements

(There might be other balance problems, but these are the ones that come to mind.)

Anything else just rewards dominant studios for being dominant, because they are passing around the best stuff for studio advantage.

I will note that there IS a leveling system in place. Strip the current stats off a piece, re-roll stats for the player as if the item had just been found, and voila! Level appropriate gear. But then patterns become the issue, and my objection still remains, because completing collections is potentially a lot of skill points.

Passing items around with refinements on them is just straight out, I am afraid. 

In love with my Baby.

#9 mountbara

mountbara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • Character:Mountbara
  • Studio:Angels on US2 Busty Spiderbabes on NU French Touch on UK2

Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:34 PM

I completely agree capt, there is a good reason you are not allowed to sell items to other players and this would simply be a way to do that.

#10 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 10:49 PM

Hey JM,

Just had another thought that touches on nixing the auction house and limiting the number of shared items.....let's say items can be contributed by anyone in the studio up to a certain qty.... and others can win them through a system similar to Misty's Atelier.  you can only have two at any time and get it randomly.  just a thought based on the back and forth.

Just to be clear, what is the winning player actually winning?  Items are designed to become obsolete (as Capt mentioned), so any stats you get would have to be "level-corrected".

How do you see it being executed... the item won is random (one of three items in a window), don't like any of them so you ROLL-AGAIN for a diamond cost or use up another extra chance ticket cost??  Or you go for one particular item and the cost you pay is fixed but you have a 2 in 3 shot of not getting it?  If  the cost is a 'Recycled Garb - Chance Ticket', maybe you earn those by fulfilling some achievement, and then you cash them in when you want to get someone's leftovers. IDK - just thinking aloud. ... Smug.png

-TB Flower.png

#11 JewelMad

JewelMad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:12 AM

I like it.  you both have more insight into the inner workings than i do.

I do want to try and get off the clothes topic if we can.  My real request and desire is to find ways to reward my studio members, create incentives....give them a reason to play and play hard and not jump ship the first time a stronger studio makes an offer.  HELP!

Thanks

JM

#12 mountbara

mountbara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 11:16 AM

I like it.  you both have more insight into the inner workings than i do.

I do want to try and get off the clothes topic if we can.  My real request and desire is to find ways to reward my studio members, create incentives....give them a reason to play and play hard and not jump ship the first time a stronger studio makes an offer.  HELP!

Thanks

JM

Sadly, that's pretty much how the game goes :( Only way to compete with the top studios is make sure your studio is 100% upgraded, then hopefully some of your members are like minded enough to stick with you as you rise through the studio ranks

#13 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 11:38 AM

Hi JM,

• Shooting Star would be nice to see.
  • Biggest diamond donor, would also be nice to see.
  • Recruiting a new member?  That would have to work based on making invites, and might get intrusive, but it's not that bad of an idea until it gets annoying for the player receiving the multiple invites.   The invitee would need to have an opt-out feature to invites.

• I've seen Auction Houses abused in other games, (where it sounds like a cool idea in the beginning but also) where that portion of the game invariably gets shut down by the game maker.  How do you not see that happening here?

Instead of an auction house, it has been suggested that the studio have a shareable wardrobe tab for using the items visually in making movies.  The item would be donated by a member, to which anyone from the studio (of that gender) could use it.  But again, it's only for making the movie covers.  None of the stats go with it.  This also means none of the non-visible items (necklace, rings, etc) would need to be part of the studio wardrobe tab.

Let's keep this dialogue open... anyone have anything else to add?

-TB Flower.png

Nixing the talk on clothing topic and Auction House ...

How do you see the other pieces working?

-TB  Flower.png

#14 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:18 PM

Sadly, that's pretty much how the game goes :( Only way to compete with the top studios is make sure your studio is 100% upgraded, then hopefully some of your members are like minded enough to stick with you as you rise through the studio ranks

I disagree.  Nothing wrong with what you say, but... the majority of players are looking to have fun. If your chat is lively, your culture is welcoming and supportive, and you actively work as a team to help each other with advice, climbing the glory boards, voting for each other's movies...

THAT is what keeps people in your studio. If you have those advantages, regardless of studio benefits, you will retain your players.

In love with my Baby.

#15 mountbara

mountbara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:04 PM

I disagree.  Nothing wrong with what you say, but... the majority of players are looking to have fun. If your chat is lively, your culture is welcoming and supportive, and you actively work as a team to help each other with advice, climbing the glory boards, voting for each other's movies...

THAT is what keeps people in your studio. If you have those advantages, regardless of studio benefits, you will retain your players.

unless it's been raided by other studios and most of the actives are now gone. Strangely, most people want to be in a top tier studio

#16 JewelMad

JewelMad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 07:19 AM

I am not the boss in my studio.  I am a producer.  I have been strongly recruited and kindly declined along with two others in my studio....from the same source, i might add.  We lost one to that studio.  The two others...one was a producer and the other is about to be promoted.  I can see people wanting to be at the top and i do too.....but, i am not willing to get there by jumping ship.  I have invested funds, both notes and diamonds.  not to mention the relationships i have managed to develop.  I am highly loyal and see more worth in working with my studio to achieve those goals together.  bigger "bang" that way for me!

New Thought

In football there is a spread....  is it possible to implement one with dueling studios?  I know that it gets incredibly difficult for upper tier studios to find another studio to battle unless the top five developed a rotating schedule?

Tara

to respond to your questions...

1. the person to achieve the most personal goals within Studio Member Successes (proposed in initial posting)

• Recruiting a new member?  That would have to work based on making invites, and might get intrusive, but it's not that bad of an idea until it gets annoying for the player receiving the multiple invites.   The invitee would need to have an opt-out feature to invites.
  1. Could ask new member if they were recruited?  by whom?  easy
  2. Could create poll when accepting an invite or joining a studio....more challenging, but could create an opportunity for feedback based on poll questions.  EX.  Where you invited to join?  if yes, [select person based on drop down list of studio members]  if no, what made you join this studio [drop down of potential answers plus others option with space available to explain]  
  1. There is an option on the page to buy diamonds.  lower right hand side.  I don't necessarily want to purchase a minimum of 250, but it could work.

I really appreciate all the responses and feedback.

Thank you all for your time,

JM

• TaraBing likes this

#17 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 03:10 PM

I am not the boss in my studio.  I am a producer.  I have been strongly recruited and kindly declined along with two others in my studio....from the same source, i might add.  We lost one to that studio.  The two others...one was a producer and the other is about to be promoted.  I can see people wanting to be at the top and i do too.....but, i am not willing to get there by jumping ship.  I have invested funds, both notes and diamonds.  not to mention the relationships i have managed to develop.  I am highly loyal and see more worth in working with my studio to achieve those goals together.  bigger "bang" that way for me!

Loyalty is noble, but for the jumpers, do you believe these incentives (mentioned above) would be enough to make them think twice about jumping?

New Thought

In football there is a spread....  is it possible to implement one with dueling studios?  I know that it gets incredibly difficult for upper tier studios to find another studio to battle unless the top five developed a rotating schedule?

I'm lost here.  I understand the spread in football... so when the underdog team covers but still loses, what is the payout for the losing team.  Besides the fact that every team wants to win every duel, it's not like anyone is making wagers on the outcome.

1. the person to achieve the most personal goals within Studio Member Successes (proposed in initial posting)

• Recruiting a new member?  That would have to work based on making invites, and might get intrusive, but it's not that bad of an idea until it gets annoying for the player receiving the multiple invites.   The invitee would need to have an opt-out feature to invites.
  1. Could ask new member if they were recruited?  by whom?  easy
  2. Could create poll when accepting an invite or joining a studio....more challenging, but could create an opportunity for feedback based on poll questions.  EX.  Where you invited to join?  if yes, [select person based on drop down list of studio members]  if no, what made you join this studio [drop down of potential answers plus others option with space available to explain]  
  1. There is an option on the page to buy diamonds.  lower right hand side.  I don't necessarily want to purchase a minimum of 250, but it could work.

1. So the MVP is an aggregate of:

• Shooting star (fastest levels acheived)
  • Sugar Momma/Poppa (biggest donation)
  • Couch Testing (recruiting a new member)
  • etc....

I could see that.  For some reason, I was thinking it might have been based on some other criteria.

2. Recruitment Star - Asking players who recruited you could work now outside of any development.  Was the secondary way (using a poll) something that would be coded into the game?

Sidenote: I could still see this getting out of hand, with people recruiting players from established studios to the point of irritation.  Not that THAT doesn't happen already - but this recognition would only help to further encourage it.

3. Diamond vouchers, may not be available on every game server, but if they are, this is entirely do-able now.  Maybe Playata could introduce smaller cost diamond packs for such give-aways. ..   Winking.png

-TB  Flower.png

#18 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:10 PM

As far as I know, the only server without the possibility of gifting diamonds is Nutaku.

In love with my Baby.

#19 JewelMad

JewelMad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 06:35 PM

the spread idea would be like a grading curve....average of same studio levels subrtacted from the average of the higher studio, so the higher studio has a handicap...omg i have now quoted football and golf.  and this explanation is still as clear as mud.

whoever/however BBE determines glory points, might be a good way to create a system for determining a fair and equal studio dueling field.  Does that make sense?

JM

#20 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 09:46 PM

the spread idea would be like a grading curve....average of same studio levels subrtacted from the average of the higher studio, so the higher studio has a handicap...omg i have now quoted football and golf.  and this explanation is still as clear as mud.

whoever/however BBE determines glory points, might be a good way to create a system for determining a fair and equal studio dueling field.  Does that make sense?

JM

.Scratching my globes... ahem, no. ..   Smug.png​ 

-TB  Flower.png

• mountbara and mimesis like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Studio, valued members, member retention, studio growth, financial opportunity for BBE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users