• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA
  • World:NU1
  • Character:RosyCheekz, MaryXXXmas
  • Studio:US5 (was on NU1)

Posted 09 April 2020 - 06:59 AM

I know we go through this every time we have an event with a convention element, but could you PLEASE insert the word "Successful" into the description. With new players coming in, it gets old having to sit them down ant tell them "Sorry, Timmy. I know it says 'participate in a convention', but it has to succeed to count.  I know that's not the meaning of 'participate', but that's how it is." 

I'm not a game developer, but is it THAT DIFFICULT to insert one word into a text line? It could get rid of so much angst among our community.

Rosy

Edited by RosyCheekz, 09 April 2020 - 07:00 AM.

• mountbara, Lizbeth, hannahhandy and 1 other like this

#2 mountbara

mountbara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  • World:US2
  • Character:Mountbara
  • Studio:Angels on US2 Busty Spiderbabes on NU French Touch on UK2

Posted 09 April 2020 - 12:01 PM

I wonder if you put in a support ticket if it would help?

I know we go through this every time we have an event with a convention element, but could you PLEASE insert the word "Successful" into the description. With new players coming in, it gets old having to sit them down ant tell them "Sorry, Timmy. I know it says 'participate in a convention', but it has to succeed to count.  I know that's not the meaning of 'participate', but that's how it is." 

I'm not a game developer, but is it THAT DIFFICULT to insert one word into a text line? It could get rid of so much angst among our community.

Rosy

#3 Lizbeth

Lizbeth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 10 April 2020 - 09:44 AM

While we're on this topic:

Dear Playata,

First off, I realize that the number of developers on this game are probably few, underpaid, and overworked. I hope you and your families are doing well, and I mean that most sincerely.

That said, it's 5:30 am and we're looking at a convention that needs 9 million fans to succeed. I cannot speak for anyone but myself, but I'm pretty stressed and worried these days, and I really don't wish to be buggered in my bum right now, especially since toilet paper is running low. So, can we possibly dial this back from an eleven?

Respectfully,

Liz

• mountbara, Jenny37, hannahhandy and 1 other like this

#4 Caitlin

Caitlin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationScotland
  • Character:Caitlin2
  • Studio:Fun Blonde Good Times

Posted 11 April 2020 - 07:22 AM

Yes!

Two things I'm sick of are the poorly worded task and the stupidly high convention targets.

I've participated in more than five cons now. But I still need two more to succeed.

#5 Caitlin

Caitlin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 11 April 2020 - 08:19 PM

Just looking at the doubles information for the Easter event and it looks like double movie day was the 8th, but we didn't get double movies. Am I misreading it?

#6 wuffy

wuffy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Character:Audrey4
  • Studio:Busty Spiderbabes

Posted 12 April 2020 - 01:19 PM

Thx for giving us rotten eggs for Easter.   It was bad enough that we are required to do 5 more Conventions after suffering through a Convention Temple but they having to need a success (not specified) for the 5 Cons in the Easter event - sucks!  

We have had more fails than successes thus far and you are irritating many of your most loyal players as well as everyone else.   If 5 Cons for an event are a requirement, goals for those Cons should be just to show up and do a click or so, not suffer along for 90 minutes or more just to see the damn thing fail. :angry:

• mountbara and Caitlin like this

#7 Caitlin

Caitlin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 12 April 2020 - 09:38 PM

Well said! I have participated in about a dozen cons as part of this event, coming straight after a convention temple. Because of the high targets and high failure level I still need a fifth successful convention to get the reward.

Second last day of the event, 10.30pm and they throw a two hour convention at us with a target of over 17m! The highest target I've seen on a convention so far. This is just getting ridiculous and frustrating.
  • hannahhandy likes this

#8 Guest_dparadise_*

Guest_dparadise_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2020 - 09:47 PM

Please be aware that the requirements for success are determined by both the amount of players in a server (nutaku has thousands) combined with an algorithm about how many shows get put in and players taking part in the conventions. If there are too many that don't bother about joining a convention (happening a lot by casual players), it becomes more likely to fail.

However sad this is, it is not something Playata can look at server to server basis. This is what the algorithms are for in the first place. It's going to take a full time job just to keep track of convention results.

#9 Guest_dparadise_*

Guest_dparadise_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2020 - 09:48 PM

Just looking at the doubles information for the Easter event and it looks like double movie day was the 8th, but we didn't get double movies. Am I misreading it?

13th April: Gf8mTw5.png * 2

So that means your double films comes tomorrow after reset.

#10 Kitekat

Kitekat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • LocationNutaku
  • Character:Kitekat
  • Studio:Oxygen

Posted 12 April 2020 - 10:39 PM

is 17.6 millions a new record for convs ?

btw after several fails

crazy thing

• Caitlin likes this

#11 hannahhandy

hannahhandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Character:HannahHandy
  • Studio:FUN BLONDE GOOD TIMES

Posted 13 April 2020 - 02:45 AM

The targets for success have seemed extremely high this week. In the patch notes from 3-3-20, it states "The difficulty of conventions after temple competitions is now not affected anymore by conventions that show up during temple competitions."

https://forum.us.big...tes-2020-03-03/

Conventions were the temple for last week so this would be the first live test case of this patch - is it possible that this adjustment to the algorithm needs to be re-tweaked a bit?

Look at this result from the really absurdly high convention that previous posters are complaining about (NU1, 13-Apr-20, 22:30 UTC):

NU1-13-Apr20-2230-UTC-end2.png

• Caitlin likes this

#12 Caitlin

Caitlin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 13 April 2020 - 06:38 AM

Please be aware that the requirements for success are determined by both the amount of players in a server (nutaku has thousands) combined with an algorithm about how many shows get put in and players taking part in the conventions. If there are too many that don't bother about joining a convention (happening a lot by casual players), it becomes more likely to fail.

However sad this is, it is not something Playata can look at server to server basis. This is what the algorithms are for in the first place. It's going to take a full time job just to keep track of convention results.

Then why are the targets so much higher this week than they usually are? If it's all just done by a bit of maths then surely we should be seeing fairly consistent targets. I have never seen a 17m target in over a year, and I've never seen so many failed cons in a row because of ridiculously high targets, not because people aren't bothering to participate in them.
I now have one day left to pass or fail this event and it will all come down to the reasonableness of a number the nutaku computer spits out, not due to any lack of effort on my behalf.

Doesn't really feel fair.
  • wuffy, Kitekat and hannahhandy like this

#13 Caitlin

Caitlin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 13 April 2020 - 07:09 AM

13th

April:

Gf8mTw5.png

So that means your double films comes tomorrow after reset.

Double movie energy, which is a lot less fun.

Guess there's no double movie day this time.

Edited by Caitlin, 13 April 2020 - 07:19 AM.

#14 Guest_dparadise_*

Guest_dparadise_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2020 - 08:24 AM

Double movie energy, which is a lot less fun.

Guess there's no double movie day this time.

Ooops, been out of the game too long already haha. You are right.

ps> No clue what you had on the 11th either, with that toolbox lol

#15 Guest_dparadise_*

Guest_dparadise_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2020 - 08:27 AM

The targets for success have seemed extremely high this week. In the patch notes from 3-3-20, it states "The difficulty of conventions after temple competitions is now not affected anymore by conventions that show up during temple competitions."

https://forum.us.big...tes-2020-03-03/

Conventions were the temple for last week so this would be the first live test case of this patch - is it possible that this adjustment to the algorithm needs to be re-tweaked a bit?

Look at this result from the really absurdly high convention that previous posters are complaining about (NU1, 13-Apr-20, 22:30 UTC):

NU1-13-Apr20-2230-UTC-end2.png

Now that is extremely steep, and I do believe indeed, this deserves a ticket to support, so it can be raised if you are willing?

Please include this screenshot, so it's very clear the requirements are too high.

I'm presuming they all are between 9 and 17M requirement?

• hannahhandy likes this

#16 Caitlin

Caitlin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 13 April 2020 - 09:08 AM

They're all high. The last one was around 3m in half an hour. It failed too.

#17 Caitlin

Caitlin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 13 April 2020 - 09:09 AM

Ooops, been out of the game too long already haha. You are right.

ps> No clue what you had on the 11th either, with that toolbox lol

Toolbox was double refinements

#18 Caitlin

Caitlin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 13 April 2020 - 10:37 AM

Another target over 9m,while any American players are tucked up in their beds. This convention is on track to fail badly too.

I now have one last chance to get the 5th successful convention I need, after participating in a lot more than that.

#19 cumdump69

cumdump69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Character:cumdump69

Posted 13 April 2020 - 11:02 AM

The algorithm hasn't worked for years now, there really isn't an excuse anymore for not fixing it by now. And if they are just not capable enough then maybe yes, they should start setting the goals manually, even if it's extra work. Not sure how much work it would be though, I'm pretty sure any long term player on the NU server could tell them within a minute what 3 decent goals would be for the daily conventions, depending on the time of day and length of the conventions.

Also, why the hell did they decide to first have a convention temple, followed by the Easter event (with a small overlap), instead of combining the 2? To me it's a nobrainer if you want to add 5 conventions to the event.

• wuffy, hannahhandy and Caitlin like this

#20 hannahhandy

hannahhandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Character:HannahHandy
  • Studio:FUN BLONDE GOOD TIMES

Posted 13 April 2020 - 01:21 PM

Now that is extremely steep, and I do believe indeed, this deserves a ticket to support, so it can be raised if you are willing?

Please include this screenshot, so it's very clear the requirements are too high.

I'm presuming they all are between 9 and 17M requirement?

Thanks D, yes, I will open a ticket and include screenshots. 17M is the most extreme, 9M has been typical. I wish I had the foresight to record the previous ones.

• Caitlin likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users