Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • World:NU1
  • Character:wtkillabee
  • Studio:Fun Blonde Good Times

Posted 11 August 2019 - 09:20 AM

We had discussion in blondes few days ago about conventions and game in general that I'd like to pass  here and see other peoples opinion on.

After the previous temple that had us go trough timed missions, the con temple feels refreshing in a way that we can do whatever mission we want. We arent restrained into picking only one type of missions, and ignoring all the other options for the week. Starting to think the bigger issue that makes game feel like a chore (so people leave) is actualy the flawed desing of temples. They basicaly take one aspect of the game and have us focus primarily on it for 7 days. Solo and studio rankings are nice thing to go after and get highest you can for better rewards so that part works. What doesnt work is the temple "chores" we go trough. Lets summarize what types there are.

Point per successful x type of mission (3 point for strenght mission)

energy used on x mission (1 point per energy spent on time mission)

Point per duel (it was 3 pts per duel won, lately 1 per duel)

Collect pandas, coins, silk sheets (1 point per 1 item you get)

Experiece (1xp = 1 point)

Conventions (10 pts per 1 contribution you do to con overall)

Buy skill points (1 point per skill)

sell items (Points based on items quality)

1 point for each movie point 

2 points per collected movie star 

25 per completed party mission (so everyone can share 1st place in solo competition)

2 points for completed boss at party (any different then the one above?)

There is variety, exept times where we get same temple twice in span of few weeks. 

But if for example this week we get "Points per successful strenght mission" and the next we get "spend energy on charisma" arent they the same thing? 

To go back to conventions, if you are like me and dont care about those specific item rewards there is 0 incentive to get top placing and spend diamonds for it, just chip in what you can and you are good no matter if it passes or not. I'm not saying remove temples, but current way they are chosen is terrible. Feels like you have a circle with sections for each and just spin the thing and let rng decide. And throw in con's now and then to please the plebs (players).

I went trough temple announcements thread and here is the breakdown of all the temples we got so far

and how many times.

2 point per collected movie star - Once

2 points for each completed boss mission at a party - Once

Duels - 4 times

Experience - 4 times

1 temple point for each movie point - 4 times

25 per completed party mission - 4 times

Buy skill points - 8 times

Sell items - 9 times

Energy used on X mission - 9 times

Collect pandas, coins, silk sheets - 9 times

Convention - 12 times

Point for successful X mission - 15 times

Edited by wtkillabee, 11 August 2019 - 09:20 AM.

• DeepTRA and Caitlin like this

#2 FinnGun

FinnGun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationFinland
  • World:US2
  • Studio:Studio 69/US2; Daily Climax Studios/NU1

Posted 11 August 2019 - 03:03 PM

I agree with the biggest problem with temples, they become a work after four-five days, no matter what temple it is. I think better solution would be to make temple last maybe five days, and then give players two days without any temple to give them some room to do whatever they like to do in the game on their own.

With convention temples the thing that grinds my gears is that they take up to two hours my time, all away from my daily grind. Solution for that could be to give more shorter conventions. I can afford to sacrifice 30 mins of my game time for con's, two hours means that in regular weekday I have to leave something undone. And as a member of a studio I try to do my best on temples, which means I have to do it in expense of my character's development. (Not just on con-temples, we all know how lousy experience timed missions give..)

Basic idea of temples is good, just some tweaking could be done.

• mountbara, DeepTRA and Sparky100 like this

uZOodpJ.png

#3 mountbara

mountbara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • Character:Mountbara
  • Studio:Angels on US2 Busty Spiderbabes on NU French Touch on UK2

Posted 11 August 2019 - 04:11 PM

Unlike hero zero, a game on the same engine as BBE, polyamory is not a one time expense. Over there, what would be a 700 diamond cost here. Once. Forever. Here they want 99 diamonds per week. Yeah, no. So you are unable to do anything in the way of using energy while a convention is going on. Which often is for 2 hours. It's supposed to be a game, not a job.

#4 mountbara

mountbara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • Character:Mountbara
  • Studio:Angels on US2 Busty Spiderbabes on NU French Touch on UK2

Posted 12 August 2019 - 10:42 AM

Here's the other thing: Every other temple can be accomplished during your normal game play, not so conventions. You are at the mercy of luck, will you be awake? Can you be online? Can you be online for the amount of hours needed to do it to maximum effect? 

• CaptC, RosyCheekz, wtkillabee and 2 others like this

#5 DeepTRA

DeepTRA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • World:NU1
  • Character:KITSMANKLAIEI

Posted 13 August 2019 - 08:30 AM

I agree with the biggest problem with temples, they become a work after four-five days, no matter what temple it is. I think better solution would be to make temple last maybe five days, and then give players two days without any temple to give them some room to do whatever they like to do in the game on their own.

I will agree with Finn on this and actually, I think it's a brilliant idea to give us players some space to do as we please, at the end of the day its just a game ;) 

I believe that will be a refreshing touch on our gameplay!

• wtkillabee likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users