• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationOKC
  • World:NU1
  • Character:PrissyDey
  • Studio:Busty Spiderbabes

Posted 09 June 2019 - 02:58 PM

Has the game developers thought of adding other types of vouchers such as extra duels and extra movie energy?

I know in the current environment I am drowning in energy vouchers, which does save on notes for refills but the sheer amount of energy vouchers are annoying.

• Eileendream likes this

#2 FinnGun

FinnGun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationFinland
  • World:US2
  • Studio:Studio 69/US2; Daily Climax Studios/NU1

Posted 09 June 2019 - 04:20 PM

I second this, some variety would be appreciated. 

Has the game developers thought of adding other types of vouchers such as extra duels and extra movie energy?

I know in the current environment I am drowning in energy vouchers, which does save on notes for refills but the sheer amount of energy vouchers are annoying.

• Sparky100 likes this

uZOodpJ.png

#3 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationHouston near my Baby
  • Character:CaptC
  • Studio:Member emeritus of Busty Spiderbabes

Posted 09 June 2019 - 05:59 PM

Extra courage and extra movie energy are both available during special events. I cannot speak for development per se, but I suspect they don't think they need vouchers for such things, because they are provided in other ways.

• mountbara likes this
I have retired from the game, but not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#4 FinnGun

FinnGun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationFinland
  • Studio:Studio 69/US2; Daily Climax Studios/NU1

Posted 09 June 2019 - 06:33 PM

True, but so is extra energy.

Shooting 3 30 min films take about 2,5 hours, 2 hours of that is waiting time as you very well know. If not vouchers for movie energy, maybe vouchers for cutting that waiting time?

Extra courage and extra movie energy are both available during special events. I cannot speak for development per se, but I suspect they don't think they need vouchers for such things, because they are provided in other ways.

• Eileendream likes this

uZOodpJ.png

#5 mountbara

mountbara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • Character:Mountbara
  • Studio:Angels on US2 Busty Spiderbabes on NU French Touch on UK2

Posted 09 June 2019 - 07:26 PM

Which points out something in the tips and hints section, perhaps the best diamonds you can spend is to lessen movie times. At least in my opinion.

True, but so is extra energy.

Shooting 3 30 min films take about 2,5 hours, 2 hours of that is waiting time as you very well know. If not vouchers for movie energy, maybe vouchers for cutting that waiting time?

• Amethyst1 likes this

#6 Eileendream

Eileendream

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Character:Eileendream (NU1)

Posted 12 June 2019 - 03:12 PM

I suggested before that instead of energy vouchers there should be 'use energy twice as fast' vouchers, but people wanted to defend this idea of keeping everyone here all dang day when there are so many other things to do in life 

*Throws up hands in exasperation.

• Lizbeth, Kitekat, FinnGun and 1 other like this

#7 Tabithia

Tabithia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Character:Tabithia
  • Studio:Sin Goddesses

Posted 13 June 2019 - 03:59 AM

I suggested before that instead of energy vouchers there should be 'use energy twice as fast' vouchers, but people wanted to defend this idea of keeping everyone here all dang day when there are so many other things to do in life 

*Throws up hands in exasperation.

Look I get it.  This model of "Here's your energy and it takes this long to spend it."  is 'backwards' from "It takes this long to earn energy so come back later when you have enough."  And can be frustrating if you let it.

But it is a game.  So the fuck what if you don't have time to play all 100 of your energy today?  Play what you can.  So the fuck what if you can only do 2 movies today because that's all the time you have, do your two movies then move on.  Being frustrated at your life because it doesn't fit this game is the wrong way to go.  And yes, you are bitching about not having enough RL time to play this game.

• hannahhandy likes this

4kjbEmU.pngSig by QuTiPy

#8 Kitekat

Kitekat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • LocationNutaku
  • Character:Kitekat
  • Studio:Oxygen

Posted 13 June 2019 - 04:31 PM

kicher

#9 Eileendream

Eileendream

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Character:Eileendream (NU1)

Posted 16 June 2019 - 03:09 PM

Look I get it.  This model of "Here's your energy and it takes this long to spend it."  is 'backwards' from "It takes this long to earn energy so come back later when you have enough."  And can be frustrating if you let it.

But it is a game.  So the fuck what if you don't have time to play all 100 of your energy today?  Play what you can.  So the fuck what if you can only do 2 movies today because that's all the time you have, do your two movies then move on.  Being frustrated at your life because it doesn't fit this game is the wrong way to go.  And yes, you are bitching about not having enough RL time to play this game.

BULL!!!

The 100 is no problem, nor is the extra 4 sets for notes, usually, but I have had days when using all the voucher time took me all the way around the clock and I had energy left at rest time.

Take a look back at day one of the game. You're playing along, having fun and then.. Message comes up that you're out of energy. time to take a rest. tomorrow is another day or some such. Aw, isn't that sweet. They care about my well being and don't want me to overdo my video gaming...

NOT. Turns out it's just a chance to grab back some notes, and then eventually diamonds/cash if I want to keep playing.

Fast forward a little while and you get some vouchers and maybe get in a studio with energy bonuses going and the last thing you are worried about is having enough energy. And to top it off, You can't even sell the darn things for notes. I was actually deleting them for a while. They are a booby prize. I can think of no other appropriate term for them. They work exactly backward of what an energy prize should.

And these days, I do play as much as I feel like because what else you gonna do? lol Gotta sleep. Gotta eat and there are other things.

Why I'm frustrated is not because of the time I do or don't have. It's because these people never listen! Just look at the issues with convention temples if you need an example

• Lizbeth, FinnGun and Amethyst1 like this

#10 Lizbeth

Lizbeth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 07:12 PM

Tabithia,

I understand what you're saying. Play and do as much as you can, and if you can't, screw it. The thing is, that approach works for a lot of players, folks in your neck of the woods, but it's different for some of us players.

You see, the more energy and films and overall STUFF the game gives you to do, we are invariably going to feel compelled to do, because if you don't, there's 20 people behind you or in front of you who will. The game is different for many veteran players. I know I know, first world problems, cry me a river, but....

You haven't been here as the game as 'evolved' over the past 3.5 years for us, as we have seen it change over time. For you, this is how it's always been, but back in 2016, this was a different animal. You pretty much had your base 100 energy + 4 refills and 3 films a day, and outside of a little bonus energy here and there from conventions, which were RARE, that was about it. Hell, conventions didn't even exist at the start of 2016! Then you add in energy trophies, then they added in film trophies, and bonus energy from item sets, and dickstarter tasks, and bonus energy for doing all 3 dickstarters, and bonus energy from duels. It's a pile on, cumulative effect.

For example. That one hour delay between films was NO problem in 2015 or 2016, when all anyone could do were 3 films per day, so you only had two 1-hour delays. It's a throwback to an OLD model of how this game used to be, but it doesn't scale when you get into doing 4, 5, 6 films a day.

The difference is that the amount of time one might have needed to invest in the game in 2016 to be competitive, either gaining ground or maintaining, was significantly less than it is today, since there was a lot less stuff to do on a daily basis.

#11 Tabithia

Tabithia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 June 2019 - 04:09 PM

Ok I'll rejoin this sub-topic, since I started it I guess.  I was reluctant since I had beer and probably came across much too snarky.

So, you run out of time to play your starting energy and whatever vouchers you have for the day.  Great, that means you either didn't spend any, or spent less, notes/diamonds than your competition because you didn't need to buy refreshes for the same amount of time played.  Sounds like you came out ahead for the day after all.  Instead of looking at the "wasted voucher" you didn't have time to spend all of, look at the notes/diamonds you saved by not paying for refreshes you were not going to use all of either.  

As for the movie thing...  That might be a little different.  Only because movies are EXTRA chances to earn loot outside of energy.  I understand that feeling of loss.  However the few times I was able to do more than 21 movies in a week, it didn't raise my BBA showing bonus above 200%.  So yes, not having the time to get your 5th movie in the day done is lost opportunity to earn stuff, but it doesn't mean your competition will have a better BBA advantage if they did.

And finally, if your competition has more free time to spend in this game than you do, lowering the amount of delay so you can get more things done isn't going to change that.  They will be able to get EVEN MORE stuff done now is all.

Edited by Tabithia, 26 June 2019 - 04:11 PM.

• Kitekat likes this

4kjbEmU.pngSig by QuTiPy

#12 Lizbeth

Lizbeth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 06:29 PM

Tabithia, I like you, but you're just not understanding, and I don't say this to mean "You're stupid".. you just don't have the same experience or time invested. You can't completely understand, anymore than I can understand a myriad of experiences of others that I have never shared.

The large majority of competitive and/or veteran players don't do extra films to increase our chances in the BBA. I've been playing for 3.5 years, won it just once, that mechanic is dead to me. Its kind of adorable in a 'coochie coochie coo' way that you're not so jaded and min/max focused that you even still think about films in the context of BBA results. LOL

Just an FYI, a long time ago, Playata changed the rules of the game to hard cap everyone's film exposure bonus to 21 films. Prior to that, players in studios that were doing the most films, *were* getting a very disproportionate level of exposure and results/rewards in the BBA. You'd see the same players from the same 2-3 studios in the top 20 or top 30 each week. It was patently unfair, and a great many of us lobbied that this mechanic be changed so that all players, in all studios, had equal exposure for their film. The solution, as I said, was to cap the bonus at 21 films, past that, it gains no further exposure bonus. Spending diamonds to refresh a film vote to vote for yourself, well that pay to play is always going to be here.

We do the extra films for the skill points :)  Failing that, for the small amount of bonus experience, notes, diamonds, or the vendor value of an item, but really, it's about the skill points. LOL

My competition, and at this point I can speak only for myself, generally doesn't have more time to play than me. I think it's safe to say that almost all of us top players, have probably invested a great deal of time, and continue to do so on a daily basis. It isn't that they have more than I, or I have more than them.

Rather, it's that in the PAST, we could ALL be top players and competitive among each other, while ALL OF US played for the same amount but less time each day, and thus we all had more free time for OTHER things.

The amount of daily playing time, for ALL of us top players, to remain top players, is now more than it was three years ago. I can't stress this enough...no one is playing MORE than the other, we're all playing the same amount of time as each other, as we likely always have, it's just that now we're all collectively playing more hours per day.

This is what (I might be wrong but I don't think I am too far off the mark) EileenDream means when they say:

"but people wanted to defend this idea of keeping everyone here all dang day when there are so many other things to do in life".

Edited by Lizbeth, 26 June 2019 - 06:29 PM.

• mountbara, Kitekat and FinnGun like this

#13 Tabithia

Tabithia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 June 2019 - 08:14 PM

LIzbeth,

I sent you messages in game.  Because to me you are posting mutually exclusive arguements.

4kjbEmU.pngSig by QuTiPy

#14 Jenny37

Jenny37

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationCzech republic
  • Studio:Angels

Posted 02 July 2019 - 07:00 AM

I work around the clock, 12 hours a day, and about two hours, it takes me traveling.
On working day I have little time to play (I have to sleep ... lol)
I work 2-3 days, then 2-3 days free time
I dealt with the fact that I was in the free days, clearing the storage, (100 energy for 40 diamonds), and on working days I filled it again.
I managed to do so, mostly spend all the energy.
After the introduction of vouchers in Dickstarter and for fights, I always have some energy left, the repository is unnecessary for me, the last time I cleaned it, about 2 months ago
I am player number 5 in US 2 ranking and players who have more time than I started to move away from me and approach you from behind.

I try to save vouchers from missions and collections to the energy temple, and the authors then deploy triple energy.
Not one day, I couldn't spend all my energy
Still less motivation for me to continue this game

I miss time to compete, but that's my problem

• Tabithia likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users