Photo

What is the difference between 11% chance that your critical hit causes 50% more damage" & "8% chance to immediately add 50% of the suffered(continued

critical question difference refinement necklace

Best Answer TaraBing , 20 June 2017 - 06:43 PM

omg!!!!!!!!

This is way tooooooooo difficult!!!! :o 

In both cases I have the feeling the refinement sounds good. You know like...I am being spanked and all the spankings come with the same intensity...and all of a sudden one is harder and really stings!!! and I suck my lower lip and groan...but I never asked myself if it was because of the 11% chance that it would cause 50% more damage or because of the 8% chance that it immediately gives 50% more damage...

I simply enjoy the spanking!!!!!!! :D 

But if you find the answer it will be cool to have a more scientific spanking!!!! :lol: 

Best funny answer, evah, but I do think xx-6432 was being serious.

What is the difference between (METAL SPIKES) at 11% chance that your critical hit causes 50% more damage" and (SPARKLING DIAMOND TRIMMING) at  "8% chance to immediately add 50% of the suffered damage after critically hitting an opponent."?

I am compareing 2 necklaces the first refinment is on a 205 stam 240 char necklace, and the second refinement is on a 249 stamina, 117 charisma, 168 Finesse necklace.

Alright, great question xx-6432, and I'm glad you asked.  But the answer is WHO KNOWS!?

Actually, I think the question is flawed because the wording for one of the two refinements has been awkwardly worded since the game rolled out.

It's the latter one stating, 'add 50% of the suffered damage after critically hitting an opponent' and based on this wording description, it sounds like an offensive modifier (and it is), but the timing of when and how it works is what I question..

Because and how the word 'suffered' is used, it sounds like this refinement fires off and adds 50% (of the critical hit you just took) to your next hit immediately AFTER YOU WERE CRITICALLY HIT by your opponent.  In that sense of the word, it's a chumpy defensive measure, after you've been tagged hard.

So it's a little weird comparing a defensive refinement to an offensive one and without knowing the variables, it's extremely tough to answer without knowing the two types of builds for each player.  

Between the two though...

• I take the Metal Spikes assuming my player is balanced especially when it has better rate of action for happening, PLUS I don't have to wait for something bad to happen to me which is what is required for the Sparkling Trimmed Diamond to fire off.

• Now if I am not built balance and I have more Finesse (eyeball icon) than I have Charisma (smile icon), then I might actually favor the Sparkling Trimmed Diamond.  And that is based on the fact, that I am going to take a critical hit, so I may as well retaliate when I can.

• Also, if I am low on Charisma, I'm not going to get to fire off those Metal Spikes.

Keep on asking those thought provoking questions......  Smug.png

-TB Flower.png

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 20886432

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationGreen Bay, Wisconsin.
  • World:US2
  • Character:Nekophiliac
  • Studio:Templers

Posted 20 June 2017 - 05:21 PM

What is the difference between 11% chance that your critical hit causes 50% more damage" and "8% chance to immediately add 50% of the suffered damage after critically hitting an opponent."?

I am compareing 2 necklaces the first refinment is on a 205 stam 240 char necklace, and the second refinement is on a 249 stamina, 117 charisma, 168 Finesse necklace.

#2 mimesis

mimesis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Character:mimesis on NU1
  • Studio:Daily Climax Studios on NU1

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:00 PM

omg!!!!!!!!

In both cases I have the feeling the refinement sounds good. You know like...I am being spanked and all the spankings come with the same intensity...and all of a sudden one is harder and really stings!!! and I suck my lower lip and groan...but I never asked myself if it was because of the 11% chance that it would cause 50% more damage or because of the 8% chance that it immediately gives 50% more damage...

But if you find the answer it will be cool to have a more scientific spanking!!!! :lol: 

• CaptC, 20886432 and TaraBing like this

9v8aUAs.png

#3 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Character:TaraBing (UK2)

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:43 PM   Best Answer

omg!!!!!!!!

Best funny answer, evah, but I do think xx-6432 was being serious.

What is the difference between (METAL SPIKES) at 11% chance that your critical hit causes 50% more damage" and (SPARKLING DIAMOND TRIMMING) at  "8% chance to immediately add 50% of the suffered damage after critically hitting an opponent."?

Alright, great question xx-6432, and I'm glad you asked.  But the answer is WHO KNOWS!?

Actually, I think the question is flawed because the wording for one of the two refinements has been awkwardly worded since the game rolled out.

It's the latter one stating, 'add 50% of the suffered damage after critically hitting an opponent' and based on this wording description, it sounds like an offensive modifier (and it is), but the timing of when and how it works is what I question..

Because and how the word 'suffered' is used, it sounds like this refinement fires off and adds 50% (of the critical hit you just took) to your next hit immediately AFTER YOU WERE CRITICALLY HIT by your opponent.  In that sense of the word, it's a chumpy defensive measure, after you've been tagged hard.

So it's a little weird comparing a defensive refinement to an offensive one and without knowing the variables, it's extremely tough to answer without knowing the two types of builds for each player.  

Between the two though...

• I take the Metal Spikes assuming my player is balanced especially when it has better rate of action for happening, PLUS I don't have to wait for something bad to happen to me which is what is required for the Sparkling Trimmed Diamond to fire off.

• Now if I am not built balance and I have more Finesse (eyeball icon) than I have Charisma (smile icon), then I might actually favor the Sparkling Trimmed Diamond.  And that is based on the fact, that I am going to take a critical hit, so I may as well retaliate when I can.

• Also, if I am low on Charisma, I'm not going to get to fire off those Metal Spikes.

Keep on asking those thought provoking questions......  Smug.png

-TB Flower.png

• mimesis and 20886432 like this

#4 Terrorsin

Terrorsin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • World:INT2
  • Character:BigBadBoobs
  • Studio:Project X

Posted 22 June 2017 - 01:44 PM

I think its the timing of the damages:

If the critical hit cause 50% more damage, it'll be one hard hit.  If the opponent is able to duck, there will be no damage.

If you can add 50% of the suffered damage, it'll be an additional hit.  If the opponent is able to duck the first blow, he/she may or may not be able to duck the second.

At least that's how I'd interpret the two refinement wording.

#5 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationHouston near my Baby
  • World:NU1
  • Character:CaptC
  • Studio:Member emeritus of Busty Spiderbabes

Posted 27 June 2017 - 11:09 PM

Diamond sparkling trimming has the worst description in the game. That is fitting, it is one of the worst refinements.

If you are hit

...and your opponent crits

...and you then succeed with the low chance that the trimming triggers

...and you survive the massive damage you just took

You do 50% of the damage you received, immediately. 

As far as I can tell, the opponent cannot dodge this damage.

So, let's take a quick look.  You have to let a bad thing happen, that got really really bad when it turned into a crit, and you have to live through it.  Then you get a low chance for some revenge.

Or you can take a refinement that lets you do something mean to your opponent, and make it REALLY mean.

Diamond trimming is only for the player who want to run with really low charisma, in which case metal spikes will not be triggering anyway. But for that kind of player, my advice is not "get the diamond trimming!" My advice is "Don't be stupid, raise your charisma and get some spikes."

Edited by CaptC, 27 June 2017 - 11:14 PM.

• mountbara and TaraBing like this
I have retired from the game, but not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#6 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 09:42 AM

Diamond sparkling trimming has the worst description in the game. That is fitting, it is one of the worst refinements.

:

Diamond trimming is only for the player who want to run with really low charisma, in which case metal spikes will not be triggering anyway. But for that kind of player, my advice is not "get the diamond trimming!" My advice is "Don't be stupid, raise your charisma and get some spikes."

Another funny answer!  That might even be 'stand-up comedy funny' material. Big-Grin.png

-TB Flower.png

#7 mountbara

mountbara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • Character:Mountbara
  • Studio:Angels on US2 Busty Spiderbabes on NU French Touch on UK2

Posted 12 July 2017 - 11:27 PM

Not sure I would catagorize this as funny, it's spot on

Another funny answer!  That might even be 'stand-up comedy funny' material. Big-Grin.png

-TB Flower.png

#8 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 12:24 AM

Not sure I would catagorize this as funny, it's spot on

It was funnier when I read it and heard the voice of Joan Rivers handing out the sound advice.  ...  Smug.png

-TB Flower.png

#9 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationHouston near my Baby
  • World:NU1
  • Character:CaptC
  • Studio:Member emeritus of Busty Spiderbabes

Posted 13 July 2017 - 12:57 AM

She wasn't disagreeing, mountbara. I had been on a roll with puns and wit... or at least i call it wit.  (Most people say I am half right.)

• mountbara likes this
I have retired from the game, but not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#10 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 01:27 AM

I miss Joan's... "Can we tawlk?" Big-Grin.png

-TB Flower.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: critical, question, difference, refinement, necklace

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users