Photo

Level 250 and a new Area Shangri- La So..What?

Less than impressive

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 officeslut

officeslut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • World:US2

Posted 29 April 2017 - 07:21 PM

Having struggled through the boring and repetitious game play to finally reach level 250 and the new area Shangri-La, I was very unimpressed. Overall a nice orange colour, but same missions, same rewards, same same same.

I mean really, if the object is to keep us playing and spending more diamonds, there has to be a better payback for those of us either spending diamonds or being obsessed enough to play long enough to get to higher levels.

A few coloured paper lanterns graphics isn't worth anything , and neither is the new area.

You should have increasing rewards, additional enhanced refinements available, special items or something. This is Lazy programing and this game is going nowhere fast.

Any game depends on profit, but if you turn off your long term players, you are throwing that profit away. 

There is a small core of obsessed players here, a few initially interested ones who play for 2-3 weeks before getting g bored, and another group who play casually but taper off around level 200, and with good reasons.    

If you don't want this game to collapse in on itself, do something, the core is weak and the churn from new players fleeting.

• Wontwo likes this

#2 JV676767

JV676767

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationBelgium
  • World:NU1
  • Character:JV676767
  • Studio:Oxygen

Posted 30 April 2017 - 12:59 PM

A lot of people also just play for the great people they have met and communicate with them. It's just a game, so everyone just plays it for fun.

I get it that the diamond buyers want more, but the game also still needs to be accesable for the non buyers. I understand you want something like a vip ranking system or something that profits the diamond buyers even more than the non diamond buyers. But if that would have to happen, they have to tear the vip players apart from the non buyers.

This is all just what I think, I'm just a play for fun player  :D

• Kitekat and mimesis like this

UK1 - Jason777

UK2 - JasonXXX

NU1 - JV676767

#3 mimesis

mimesis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Character:mimesis on NU1
  • Studio:Daily Climax Studios on NU1

Posted 30 April 2017 - 01:32 PM

I don't know what to say...

omg!!! I hate these rhetorical figures! Of course I know what to say!!!! :D 

Well, I am still far from level 200, but what I feel is that most of the fun that I get from this game is through the interaction with other players. It can be because of the fun and naughty chat, maybe it is because of the suspense when the end of the temple challenge is approaching, maybe because we are a growing studio and there is something magic related to the achievement we are doing that make so that we have fun all together!

Oh! I need to take a deep breath. Unfortunately I write in the same way I speak... :wacko: 

Anyway...looking forward to be level 200!!! And then I will update the post and tell you how it is like!!! :)  :)  :) 

• Kitekat likes this

9v8aUAs.png

#4 officeslut

officeslut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:27 PM

A lot of people also just play for the great people they have met and communicate with them. It's just a game, so everyone just plays it for fun.

I get it that the diamond buyers want more, but the game also still needs to be accesable for the non buyers. I understand you want something like a vip ranking system or something that profits the diamond buyers even more than the non diamond buyers. But if that would have to happen, they have to tear the vip players apart from the non buyers.

This is all just what I think, I'm just a play for fun player  :D

I think that the social interaction and communication, may well be a driver for why people play this game, but the cost of developing and providing the game to all the non-payers like yourself is paid for by users like myself who spend diamonds, and advertising revenues.

If paying customers do not get value for money, or see it as an imbalance they will leave and the game will soon collapse. I would like to see this game continue, but at the moment as a paying player, I frankly cannot see much of a future in this game, and that is bad news for you and other free players. 

I also don't see much in the way of responsiveness from the developers, and personally I think this game is essentially heading for collapse, but that is my perspective. It may well  take a year or two to fully collapse. It is very similar to the old mafia Wars game in many ways that Zynga produced, and just like Zynga, the developers here do not appear to be listening.

Anyway this is just what I think.

• Wontwo likes this

#5 JV676767

JV676767

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 01 May 2017 - 03:03 PM

non-payers like yourself 

I didn't said I was a non payer, I have bought diamonds a couple of times. The diamond payers just get it easier than the non diamond buyers in a lot of things. Diamond payers get it more easy to keep trying the refinements stuff every day to get the epic refinements, they can buy more often the 50% boosters while the non buyers have to earn them through the game, they can do more shows than those who don't have enough diamonds for in the conventions, they can upgrade their studios much faster, all by all, they have it much easier than the non buyers in almost everything and the non buyers have to work hard and need the luck to randomly get them. 

Just telling what I know and see. I don't mind the extreme diamond buyers, as long as people just have fun with friends or newly got friends and don't take the game all too serious but just as a game to play for fun with some people and help them.

I understand all what you say btw, and that's all your opinions. 

UK1 - Jason777

UK2 - JasonXXX

NU1 - JV676767

#6 Wontwo

Wontwo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 12:24 AM

I think OS has a point people paying money here support all the non-payers, and if they aren't getting enough in return they will leave, and the game will be closed down. I don't think buying diamond's a couple o times qualifies as paying.

Games are all about player retention and monetization, neither of which Big Bang seems to be doing that well on.

If it is just about cash that doesn't work either, but if paying members don't have a significant payback for their investment it will ruin the game. I am not at level 200 yet, but so far, the rewards versus diamonds spent just are not worth the cost.

Why can't I just buy a refinement I want for x diamonds, rather than waste time depending on chance, and then only a few days later repeat the process because I got a new item with a few skill points more. Why can't I pay some sort of diamond fee to transfer the refinement to my new item?

Seems to me this is all about the developers trying to suck diamonds out of paying players, and nothing about fun or meeting new "imaginary" friends

#7 officeslut

officeslut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:29 PM

Update, having reached level 255 a new item was available "Moth Eaten knoichi belt"! Well I thought that should be good, after all you need 255 levels to even get it. Imagine my disappointment when I acquired one via a mission, 12 skill points less than the ordinary item I was already using.

Come on, that is crap, why even hold back issuing this belt  to level 255, when I collect them all and what do I get 4 skill points, woohoo, what a "non reward" for sticking around here spending time and money. Now if it was 400 skill points than I would have thought the effort was worth it.

These game developers really seem to have no clue about player retention or converting folks to paying players. Its all about cost versus reward. Some player that buys diamonds a couple of time isn't worth your effort, but when the paying player like me starts to complain, you got a problem. This game is fast on its way to collapse unless you want to count the 3 week turnover free players as game growth...

#8 JV676767

JV676767

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:36 PM

Items are level based, if you already got a new item from it just recently and you have it on, it's normal that other items can be worse. Items get from missions are mostly worse than when you get it from other ways (like from achievement reward or in making a movie).

I thought you would had known that by now  :lol:

UK1 - Jason777

UK2 - JasonXXX

NU1 - JV676767

#9 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationHouston near my Baby
  • Character:CaptC
  • Studio:Member emeritus of Busty Spiderbabes

Posted 09 May 2017 - 10:22 PM

That piece you found was common, I believe. As you get a little higher, you start getting rare and epic pieces of gear from that set, OfficeSlut.  Give it some time.

That piece also applies to a wardrobe achievement that can garner you a nice reward and a title.

I know several people who play the game because of the cool dress-up feature. That common piece with the negative skills may very well be insanely appealing to someone like that, just because it looks cool. 

Edited by CaptC, 09 May 2017 - 10:40 PM.

I have retired from the game, but not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#10 officeslut

officeslut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:45 PM

"That piece you found was common, I believe. As you get a little higher, you start getting rare and epic pieces of gear from that set, OfficeSlut.  Give it some time."

Well I am at level 255 so I have given it enough time, don't talk nonsense. The item in question is not even available until a player reaches level 255, and I think that should mean something other than a negative SP value whether the item is common or rare or whatever.

If I wanted to play dress up, I can think of several alternatives, but that would mean actually being naked with a member of the opposite sex. The common piece has no value and it does not look "cool", when you reach level 255 you will see what I mean.

You play the game for your reasons, and I play them for mine, and dress up isn't one of them. I don't need or expect to be patronized.

#11 hot16

hot16

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Character:hot16
  • Studio:FUN BLONDE GOOD TIMES

Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:00 AM

Welll, if ya hate the game so much, just quit.  and give us your character.  we will find someone to use it and appreciate it.  I get crappy epic wear all the time.  and misty is even worse,  she won't refine anything for me.  what a b---- !!!!

Such is life.  the game hates me (and probably hates you too).  but I keep going because I'm like "FU game, you can't keep me down!!!", and game is like... "yes, I can hot!!!". and, well, the game is probably right.....  :(

disclaimer- It is slightly possible I am drinking while posting and not having had dinner was probably a mistake.... but hey, sometimes a filter is boring.

#12 officeslut

officeslut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:06 PM

Welll, if ya hate the game so much, just quit.  and give us your character.  we will find someone to use it and appreciate it.  I get crappy epic wear all the time.  and misty is even worse,  she won't refine anything for me.  what a b---- !!!!

WTF do you think you are doing? This is a forum about suggestions for the game. My ideas are just as valid as yours. I think you need to get a perspective on your ego, and focus on positive statements or opinions rather than running me down to make yourself feel better.

I really don't care if you are drinking or not, you don't have license to be an a-hole, and I certainly am not about to be bullied by you..

#13 mimesis

mimesis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 May 2017 - 03:16 PM

Oh! :-(
We are all friends, aren't we?
And we are all here to have fun!
I think what we share is the passion for this game. And passions can light fires!
I know a little bit all of you. And we all play, love and get frustrated at times.
I am a new player and I am enthusiast. But sometimes I have asked myself: How long will I will be able to play BBE? Like all communities if it doesn't grow at a certain moment it will shrink. I am sincerely worried about it and I think Officeslut is too.
We are all together here sharing this, each one of us with our style and our ideas about how to keep this passion growing.
Conclusion: I love you all! Raise a hand for a blow job (if boy) or for cuddles (if girl)!!!!!!

9v8aUAs.png

#14 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 04:00 PM

"That piece you found was common, I believe. As you get a little higher, you start getting rare and epic pieces of gear from that set, OfficeSlut.  Give it some time."

Well I am at level 255 so I have given it enough time, don't talk nonsense. The item in question is not even available until a player reaches level 255, and I think that should mean something other than a negative SP value whether the item is common or rare or whatever.

If I wanted to play dress up, I can think of several alternatives, but that would mean actually being naked with a member of the opposite sex. The common piece has no value and it does not look "cool", when you reach level 255 you will see what I mean.

You play the game for your reasons, and I play them for mine, and dress up isn't one of them. I don't need or expect to be patronized.

Then I won't patronize you. I will flat out tell you that you are wrong.

I got one of those pieces the very first day they came out, on both of the servers I play on. I have quite a few from the set now. I daresay I know more about them than you.

Like almost every item acquired in the game, most had trash stats. So what? Keep them to get the complete set, for movie covers or for tease purposes. Or sell them and move on. Whatever floats your boat. 

To use that set as an example that the game is treating you badly is simple exaggeration. Being abrupt and rude about stating your opinion is not helping you make your case. I appreciate the passion. I do not appreciate the tone.

Edited by CaptC, 10 May 2017 - 04:07 PM.

• hot16 likes this
In love with my Baby.

#15 hot16

hot16

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Character:hot16
  • Studio:FUN BLONDE GOOD TIMES

Posted 10 May 2017 - 09:40 PM

sorry mims.....  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(

I'll be on better behavior.  And I'll take a hug!!!!  :)

#16 JV676767

JV676767

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 12 May 2017 - 05:10 PM

WTF do you think you are doing? This is a forum about suggestions for the game. My ideas are just as valid as yours. I think you need to get a perspective on your ego, and focus on positive statements or opinions rather than running me down to make yourself feel better.

I really don't care if you are drinking or not, you don't have license to be an a-hole, and I certainly am not about to be bullied by you..

What Hot was meaning there was that she was just joking around there, she didn't meant that all serius, officeslut. A bit of joking can't hurt in a forum haha

But you couldn't know that by just texting.

• hot16 likes this

UK1 - Jason777

UK2 - JasonXXX

NU1 - JV676767

#17 officeslut

officeslut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 07:14 PM

Then I won't patronize you. I will flat out tell you that you are wrong.

I got one of those pieces the very first day they came out, on both of the servers I play on. I have quite a few from the set now. I daresay I know more about them than you.

Like almost every item acquired in the game, most had trash stats. So what? Keep them to get the complete set, for movie covers or for tease purposes. Or sell them and move on. Whatever floats your boat. 

To use that set as an example that the game is treating you badly is simple exaggeration. Being abrupt and rude about stating your opinion is not helping you make your case. I appreciate the passion. I do not appreciate the tone.

So I gather your esteemed position is that the game is fine, and crap items with crap low sp. points are something you either endure or look forward to is some way. Well this forum is for suggestions to improve the game, not promote what is a dysfunctional and user frustrating experience.

​My opinion is that this game design is killing the game by driving away all but the most obsessed players. I don't know what you know, but I do know it is both a poor value from my perspective, and kills my enjoyment of game play.

In my opinion this game will soon be history, and if I am right you won't remember what I have said, nor do I expect you will, when you are so willing to accept poor quality and do not complain.

​My latest item which requires the user to be at,  at least 257, 65 skill points lower than the common item I was using already!

Great value Big Bang, well done boys, super job! Great reward for us players staying around long enough to get past level 250!!

For that matter, how about when you click it the new item,  it suddenly takes 50 off your level and sends you back to level 200,.That would be great  and oh so wonderful game design.

I watched the same process with Mafia Wars ,8 years ago, repetitive play, little challenge, poor items when spending money to purchase, poor customer service and one of the most popular games in history, slowly tanked, to the point Zynga shut it down. Monthly players leaving in droves, and the developers did nothing.

Fundamentals of business, if your paying customers aren't happy your business is in trouble. I am a paying customer I have the right to express my opinion, and I don't see the positive in anything you have said, except perhaps to puff up your already large ego.

#18 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 02:48 PM

My feeling is that constructive criticism needs to be carefully phrased to avoid giving offense. You want to convince people, not piss them off.  Constructive criticism also needs to be presented competently to give credence to your case. It would not hurt if you learned to use the quoting function properly.

As to the game itself: Every other major clothing set has a mix of common, rare, epic items. Why does it offend you that the Shangrila set follows the existing conventions of the game?  My point being that your expectations are your own, but it is hard to fault the designers for being consistent.

And Sturgeon's Law necessarily applies to all items. Finding items with poor stats HAS to be the norm. Otherwise the power escalation is completely out of control.

Perhaps Big Bang Empire is on the way out, but it's not because of the Shangrila set not meeting your standards.

My current complaint is pretty much the opposite of yours. New stuff is being added all the time, and it's just too much right now. There are simply way too many things to do, actually. My overview map looks like it has measles from all the special macguffins floating around. Between Temple, dickstarters, new girls and new area career bosses, all of them asking me to collect things or take particular types of mission, it is almost impossible to farm optimally anymore, just to build your character.

In love with my Baby.

#19 mimesis

mimesis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 May 2017 - 04:10 PM

I am interested in the subject of the discussion - how to improve the game so that players don't leave it.

The tone is challenging for me, though. :( 

I would like to try and focus our attention to what I believe is the real key point: how to retain players? and especially paying players? otherwise Playata will close and goodbye...

I am concerned by this issue because I like the game and I would be disappointed if it faded away.

Unfortunately I think it is difficult to find a unique answer to the question because we all like different things.

In order to facilitate the work of the developers (I expect a reward for this!! :D ) I will just try to put in a list the things that would increase my interest in the game and for which I would be willing to pay a (fair) price.

- possibility to change position of the actor in the film poster: e.g. I would like to be on four :D (but not for 19 diamonds!!!)

- customize the plot description of the film (but not for 19 diamonds!!!)

- customize the title of the film (functionality already available but with a price that is too high!!!)

- possibility to organize "in-studio" contests with prices steered by the studio management

- possibility to personalize the personal page of the star (e.g. position of the actor)

- offer the possibility to the studio management to award "studio titles" to members of the studio.

I am also a fashion addict and I like the sets, or to build my own sets by combining different pieces. And I know some other players like it as well. I am sure this is an area where more functionalities may be created. But for the time being I have no clear idea, I have typed too much and I need to go and rub my pussy!!  :D  :D  :D 

9v8aUAs.png

#20 officeslut

officeslut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 06:23 PM

My feeling is that constructive criticism needs to be carefully phrased to avoid giving offense. You want to convince people, not piss them off.  Constructive criticism also needs to be presented competently to give credence to your case. It would not hurt if you learned to use the quoting function properly.

As to the game itself: Every other major clothing set has a mix of common, rare, epic items. Why does it offend you that the Shangrila set follows the existing conventions of the game?  My point being that your expectations are your own, but it is hard to fault the designers for being consistent.

And Sturgeon's Law necessarily applies to all items. Finding items with poor stats HAS to be the norm. Otherwise the power escalation is completely out of control.

Perhaps Big Bang Empire is on the way out, but it's not because of the Shangrila set not meeting your standards.

My current complaint is pretty much the opposite of yours. New stuff is being added all the time, and it's just too much right now. There are simply way too many things to do, actually. My overview map looks like it has measles from all the special macguffins floating around. Between Temple, dickstarters, new girls and new area career bosses, all of them asking me to collect things or take particular types of mission, it is almost impossible to farm optimally anymore, just to build your character.

I don't think finding common items with low stats HAS to be the norm, as the game player moves upward there should be a reward, not a penalty frustration for the player.

In competitive sports if you get to be a regional champion they don't reward you by making you play at a local level with amateur talent, in fact I can't think of anything that rewards success in this way.

I understand the developer is out for a fast buck, and the reviews of this game suck big time. From, March until now it appears the Daily active users have dropped almost 50%. That means only one thing in the future, goodbye Big Bang Empire.

Well I can't say it isn't going to be something unexpected.

As far as you comments about too many things going on, I don't really see that is the problem. The real frustration is as a player you cannot sit down for 15-20 minutes, and program a whole group of game activities or missions in advance, which will run without you watching the computer all day, and then you can come back in an hour or so and repeat.

Big Bang sucks the life out of life, it takes far to much time from the user and interferes with daily life, when I was playing full out, it was like a 8 hour plus a day job, and for what? LOL

Now that I have moved away from the peak game addiction I see this game for what it is, and it isn't pretty.

Maybe next time I will be less EAGER

Edited by officeslut, 14 May 2017 - 06:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users